News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alan Shearer

Author Topic: Alan Shearer  (Read 4166 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Alan Shearer
« on: February 21, 2021, 10:49:43 PM »

He was talking about West Ham but he could have been talking Alty. "They might not win every week but you can see that they care".

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Alan Shearer
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 11:31:23 PM »

While we're on the subject of Match of the Day 2, where on earth have the BBC recruited Vicky Sparks from ? I had to watch Villa v Leicester with the sound muted. She's got the most irritating voice I've ever heard on a football commentary - it's like chalk on a blackboard.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 10:53:04 AM »

Ha ha. Good job she's not doing Radio Robins then

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 10:54:41 AM »

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 11:56:55 AM »

While we're on the subject of Match of the Day 2, where on earth have the BBC recruited Vicky Sparks from ? I had to watch Villa v Leicester with the sound muted. She's got the most irritating voice I've ever heard on a football commentary - it's like chalk on a blackboard.

West Ham's manager has a little history with Sparks himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUDk5zSeoJU

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 06:19:35 PM »

The BBC have to tick their quota boxes! (Sky are as bad!)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 06:52:42 PM »

I have no issue with box-ticking. You probably watch "Sportscene" up there in haggis country. They have 3 female presenters, none of whom cause me any problem. It's that voice !

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 07:06:27 PM »

I have no issue with box-ticking. You probably watch "Sportscene" up there in haggis country. They have 3 female presenters, none of whom cause me any problem. It's that voice !

John Inverdale. His voice makes my brain frazzled. Luckily I don't watch much he covers.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 08:35:08 PM »

Don't watch that crap!

I have an issue with box ticking because I am old fashioned and like the best person for the job, no matter the race, sexuality, gender!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 10:06:49 PM »

Don't watch that crap!

I have an issue with box ticking because I am old fashioned and like the best person for the job, no matter the race, sexuality, gender!

That'd be nice. The old school tie may open fewer doors now, but the hangover lingers.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2021, 10:25:31 PM »

Don't watch that crap!

That'd be nice. The old school tie may open fewer doors now, but the hangover lingers.

Nothing to do with old school tie; just the best for the job.

Gender, colour etc should never come into it.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 11:38:02 PM »

Don't watch that crap!

I agree totally. My point is that before gender monitoring etc etc, it wasn't the best for the job then either.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 07:18:04 PM »

Don't watch that crap!

I agree totally. My point is that before gender monitoring etc etc, it wasn't the best for the job then either.

Of course. Very true.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alan Shearer