PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crowds back ????
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Crowds back ????  (Read 11265 times)

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Crowds back ????
« on: February 22, 2021, 03:57:13 PM »

Could Crowds (Limited)  be back for last Home game  v Torquay Home ???
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 08:41:04 AM by bigedd »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Crowds back ????
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 04:05:01 PM »

In a word, No.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 04:10:52 PM »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 04:21:45 PM »

I hope so. It's my birthday

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 04:27:06 PM »

Its a definite possibility. 

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 04:31:15 PM »

Looks like it.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 04:33:06 PM »

In a word, No.

Why not?

The dates given for the four stages of the relaxation of lockdown are bound to be extended sometime along the line due to the lack of observance and consequent slowing of the fall of the infection rate.
If that happens even for a few weeks, which is possible, it would take us beyond the end of the season.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 06:14:39 PM »

In a word, No.

Why not?

The dates given for the four stages of the relaxation of lockdown are bound to be extended sometime along the line due to the lack of observance and consequent slowing of the fall of the infection rate.
If that happens even for a few weeks, which is possible, it would take us beyond the end of the season.

All these vaccines are a waste of time then!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 07:37:48 PM »

In a word, No.

Why not?

No they are certainly not a waste of time.. it is just a fact that it will take a long time before the under 50s are vaccinated which probably brings in the age group of the vast majority of football fans.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 08:16:27 PM »

No chance this season.

Dates likely extended as suggested.

So called lockdowns were supposed to be a last resort to prevent hospitalisation and premature deaths, but they have now become the norm. Government does not want to screw this up and has become risk averse as a result. Disproportionate measures to risk will still be in place post vaccination of all the over 50s by end of March. So fully expect to see things slip further. So no footy this season with crowds
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 08:29:47 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2021, 08:19:35 PM »

To be fair....it is what it is

Season is a write-off anyway as far as watching from ML is concerned
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 08:22:43 PM »

No chance this season.

Dates likely extended as suggested.

So called lockdowns were supposed to be a last resort to prevent hospitalisation and premature deaths, but they have now become the norm. Government does not want to screw this up and has become risk averse as a result. Disproportionate measures to risk will still be in place post vaccination of all the other 50s by end of March. So fully expect to see things slip further. So no footy this season with crowds

Sorry - having a Hugh moment

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 08:36:41 PM »

In a word, No.

Why not?

No they are certainly not a waste of time.. it is just a fact that it will take a long time before the under 50s are vaccinated which probably brings in the age group of the vast majority of football fans.

There is barely a risk for the U50s unless you have a serious underlying illness, in which case you protect yourself. (I'm over 50 and relatively high risk, but it is my risk to take!)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 08:44:53 PM by JD »

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2021, 11:14:10 PM »

Id love it not to be so but I think there is next to no chance of fans being allowed in this season.  Schools are set to open more fully from the 8th March and with that, so the rate of infection will increase.  Anyone who tells you that children don’t carry the virus is simply wrong; while they are far more likely to be asymptomatic they do, nonetheless, carry it and can pass it on.  Whether/how we open schools is not the issue, however, the consequence of what will happen to the infection rate is inevitable.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 02:41:37 AM »

In a word, No.

Why not?

There is barely a risk for the U50s unless you have a serious underlying illness, in which case you protect yourself. (I'm over 50 and relatively high risk, but it is my risk to take!)

I’ve had the  vaccine, however I’m not ready to mingle with anyone outside my bubble even with social distancing,
I don’t get why folks see the need to touch anyone be it elbows or fists . Why take the risk.
I am looking forward to golf starting again and of course, the obligatory haircut.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crowds back ????