PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crowds back ????
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Crowds back ????  (Read 11272 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Crowds back ????
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 09:19:30 AM »

Its definitely a possibility, but a fair way off, so much can happen between now and then, and is very dependent on how the vaccine rollout goes and what reaction to schools going back all at once does to the infection rate and maybe leading to hospitalisations. The more people vaccinated, the less hospitalisations that should ensue.. lets hope so, we need a new normal.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 07:19:50 PM »

Just don't put your money on anything.

The ridding of lockdown is slow because SAGE decided to offer some figures put together by modelling (saying there would be up to 91k extra premature deaths) - and we all know how accurate SAGE modelling has been.

Expect more of this cr@p!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 08:05:26 AM »

Id love it not to be so but I think there is next to no chance of fans being allowed in this season.  Schools are set to open more fully from the 8th March and with that, so the rate of infection will increase.  Anyone who tells you that children don’t carry the virus is simply wrong; while they are far more likely to be asymptomatic they do, nonetheless, carry it and can pass it on.  Whether/how we open schools is not the issue, however, the consequence of what will happen to the infection rate is inevitable.
I fear you're right but hope you're wrong.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 08:24:10 AM »

Any game this season is a bonus.

Lets hope the club organise some cracking PSF games
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:02:22 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2021, 02:02:00 PM »

Any game this season is a bonus.

Lets hope the club organise some cracking PSF games
I'd pay to go into the JDS to watch the grass grow I miss it that much, especially if it was a grass and drainage deal.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 03:26:41 PM »

I could be grass, drainage and beer! A beer festival would make an out of season earner and provide an excuse to get in to the local press.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2021, 04:19:10 PM »

In a word, No.

Why not?

The dates given for the four stages of the relaxation of lockdown are bound to be extended sometime along the line due to the lack of observance and consequent slowing of the fall of the infection rate.
If that happens even for a few weeks, which is possible, it would take us beyond the end of the season.

All these vaccines are a waste of time then!

No they are certainly not a waste of time.. it is just a fact that it will take a long time before the under 50s are vaccinated which probably brings in the age group of the vast majority of football fans.

There is barely a risk for the U50s unless you have a serious underlying illness, in which case you protect yourself. (I'm over 50 and relatively high risk, but it is my risk to take!)

I’ve had the  vaccine, however I’m not ready to mingle with anyone outside my bubble even with social distancing,
I don’t get why folks see the need to touch anyone be it elbows or fists . Why take the risk.
I am looking forward to golf starting again and of course, the obligatory haircut.

Covid is different in Scotland and we can play golf as it knows not to affect ppl on golf courses!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 06:00:18 PM »

No chance this season.

Dates likely extended as suggested.

So called lockdowns were supposed to be a last resort to prevent hospitalisation and premature deaths, but they have now become the norm. Government does not want to screw this up and has become risk averse as a result. Disproportionate measures to risk will still be in place post vaccination of all the over 50s by end of March. So fully expect to see things slip further. So no footy this season with crowds

That's OK, as I didn't fancy having to travel to Moston on a Saturday afternoon, anyway.....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 08:44:07 AM »

Bill thanks for the update,and treat for Season Ticket Holders
Looking forward to seeing the Team (live) before the seasons over.
Stay safe everybody C O Y R...

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2021, 05:23:05 AM »

No chance this season.

So called lockdowns were supposed to be a last resort to prevent hospitalisation and premature deaths, but they have now become the norm. Government does not want to screw this up and has become risk averse as a result. Disproportionate measures to risk will still be in place post vaccination of all the other 50s by end of March. So fully expect to see things slip further. So no footy this season with crowds

Sorry - having a Hugh moment

And for the record... last I heard, less than 100 healthy people under 40 have died of cv (in the UK), and less than 1000 healthy under 60's. Asymptomatic transmission appears to be largely a myth as a spreader (how many teachers have died by catching it from their pupils?).

At the end of the day, everyone who wants one of those "vaccines" will have had one by autumn, and cv deaths look set to be less than 20/day this week - a lower rate (adjusted for population) than road deaths in 1960. And I guarantee they'll be low in summer, as I said. I just don't see what the problem is, and repeat, if we don't have fans back in May, something is very wrong. If not May, then when? Or is this supposed to carry on permanently? In which case you can forget non-league football as we know it. If only people understood risk assessment....

And no, Casper, this isn't politics, it's making the case for people to be allowed to watch Altrincham fc, the thing we all live for (well sort of). And I will be touching people if invited!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 05:51:48 AM by Hugh »

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2021, 04:54:22 PM »

Just been on the Spurs website sounds like 1st October is when Boris will allow fans back! SBL

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2021, 06:03:44 PM »

And for the record... last I heard, less than 100 healthy people under 40 have died of cv (in the UK), and less than 1000 healthy under 60's. Asymptomatic transmission appears to be largely a myth as a spreader (how many teachers have died by catching it from their pupils?).

At the end of the day, everyone who wants one of those "vaccines" will have had one by autumn, and cv deaths look set to be less than 20/day this week - a lower rate (adjusted for population) than road deaths in 1960. And I guarantee they'll be low in summer, as I said. I just don't see what the problem is, and repeat, if we don't have fans back in May, something is very wrong. If not May, then when? Or is this supposed to carry on permanently? In which case you can forget non-league football as we know it. If only people understood risk assessment....

And no, Casper, this isn't politics, it's making the case for people to be allowed to watch Altrincham fc, the thing we all live for (well sort of).

And I will be touching people if invited!

Is it advisable to book an appointment to enjoy this honour or will be on a first come, first served basis?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2021, 08:56:11 PM »

In a word, No.

Why not?

The dates given for the four stages of the relaxation of lockdown are bound to be extended sometime along the line due to the lack of observance and consequent slowing of the fall of the infection rate.
If that happens even for a few weeks, which is possible, it would take us beyond the end of the season.

That didn’t last well did it.

Still pointing fingers at people?

Looking forward to going to ML before the end of the season, if some don’t fancy it fair enough but please refrain from spreading unsubstantiated statements.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2021, 09:53:18 PM »

In a word, No.

Why not?

That didn’t last well did it.

Still pointing fingers at people?

Looking forward to going to ML before the end of the season, if some don’t fancy it fair enough but please refrain from spreading unsubstantiated statements.

If you're referring to me then let me tell you I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone.

Furthermore I was giving my view, which you're still allowed to do on here, and I don't think even now I'll be too far away from it.

For example, my Greek holiday in June has already been cancelled.

Thanks for reading my old posts though.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2021, 10:00:33 PM »

No chance this season.

So called lockdowns were supposed to be a last resort to prevent hospitalisation and premature deaths, but they have now become the norm. Government does not want to screw this up and has become risk averse as a result. Disproportionate measures to risk will still be in place post vaccination of all the other 50s by end of March. So fully expect to see things slip further. So no footy this season with crowds

Sorry - having a Hugh moment

And no, Casper, this isn't politics, it's making the case for people to be allowed to watch Altrincham fc, the thing we all live for (well sort of). And I will be touching people if invited!

I'd Goodwin if I could!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crowds back ????