PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crowds back ????
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Crowds back ????  (Read 11271 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Crowds back ????
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2021, 10:33:30 PM »

In a word, No.

Why not?

The dates given for the four stages of the relaxation of lockdown are bound to be extended sometime along the line due to the lack of observance and consequent slowing of the fall of the infection rate.
If that happens even for a few weeks, which is possible, it would take us beyond the end of the season.

That didn’t last well did it.

Still pointing fingers at people?

Looking forward to going to ML before the end of the season, if some don’t fancy it fair enough but please refrain from spreading unsubstantiated statements.

If you're referring to me then let me tell you I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone.

Furthermore I was giving my view, which you're still allowed to do on here, and I don't think even now I'll be too far away from it.

For example, my Greek holiday in June has already been cancelled.

Thanks for reading my old posts though.

It’s called reading a thread?

So you didn’t write that the relaxation of lockdown would be extended due the lack of observance? Were you talking about yourself then or maybe the virus’s lack of observance to the “rules”?

Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2021, 11:05:45 PM »

I gave my opinion (which still could be borne out) and didn't point fingers at anyone.
You could do with winding your neck in a touch.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2021, 12:03:27 AM »

No chance this season.

Dates likely extended as suggested.

So called lockdowns were supposed to be a last resort to prevent hospitalisation and premature deaths, but they have now become the norm. Government does not want to screw this up and has become risk averse as a result. Disproportionate measures to risk will still be in place post vaccination of all the other 50s by end of March. So fully expect to see things slip further. So no footy this season with crowds

Sorry - having a Hugh moment

And for the record... last I heard, less than 100 healthy people under 40 have died of cv (in the UK), and less than 1000 healthy under 60's. Asymptomatic transmission appears to be largely a myth as a spreader (how many teachers have died by catching it from their pupils?).

At the end of the day, everyone who wants one of those "vaccines" will have had one by autumn, and cv deaths look set to be less than 20/day this week - a lower rate (adjusted for population) than road deaths in 1960. And I guarantee they'll be low in summer, as I said. I just don't see what the problem is, and repeat, if we don't have fans back in May, something is very wrong. If not May, then when? Or is this supposed to carry on permanently? In which case you can forget non-league football as we know it. If only people understood risk assessment....

And no, Casper, this isn't politics, it's making the case for people to be allowed to watch Altrincham fc, the thing we all live for (well sort of). And I will be touching people if invited!

I'm posting this for balance, not to get into a debate that, doubtless, will draw no conclusion.  Talking-to my B-i-L (a Prof of Pharmacology who heads a uni dept researching medicines linked to viral infection, is that an increase in rate of infection is expected as we release lockdown measures, the effect of which will be more acute as we move into autumn when people are more likely be indoors.  I wonder where you read that asymptomatic transmission was 'largely a myth', as I can tell you from personal experience that that is simply not the case.  Similarly, the (lack of) death rate among teachers may be true, however, as a teacher myself I can assure you that over the last year I have colleagues who have become seriously ill as a result of Covid and others who have suffered, and/or continue to suffer, the effects of long-Covid; these are fit, healthy people who have been hit hard by this virus.

Another sobering feature that has resulted from this pandemic is the email I receive each morning that lists children absent for Covid-related reasons.  At the height of the pandemic, a significant number of absentees gave the reason being a grandparent dying from Covid (others have had parents keep alive on ventilators).  Today, two days after returning following the Easter holiday, a boy has tested positive and about 30 pupils will now have to isolate at home as they were close-contacts; it's expected that tomorrow or int he next couple of days, more will test positive.

Yes, I want to return to the things that make life normal, but whether we like it or not, we are out of this completely yet, nor will we be for some months.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2021, 11:40:50 AM »

I gave my opinion (which still could be borne out) and didn't point fingers at anyone.
You could do with winding your neck in a touch.

I will put my neck where I want to.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2021, 08:08:49 PM »

And yet this level of fuss is not made about any other disease! Even the deadly and infectious ones.

I apologise if this sounds harsh, but we have to understand that people get ill and die, and we do have every possible practice to help them. When you consider the relatively few who have prematurely died OF Covid (we know the WITH figures are questionable) and then compare to the premature deaths from lockdowns (cancers, suicides, heart disease as well as the well documented point that poverty causes premature death - a figure estimated by Bristol Uni to be 560,000) and the social impact from wrecking the economy (the NHS is funded by a healthy economy), unemployment, domestic abuse and increased alcohol abuse  etc

Lockdowns were not in the plan for pandemics by the UK govt or the WHO until they were convinced by China this was a good idea (believing China: good idea huh?)

We need to get real, try to reopen businesses, make sure people have CORRECT AND ACCURATE information and let ppl decide how they want to live considering we have the vaccine and all the vulnerable that wanted the vaccine have taken it.

I accept many won't agree with this, but this is from working throughout the lockdowns, speaking to many people and looking at the information and data to hand.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2021, 06:22:11 AM »

Just been on the Spurs website sounds like 1st October is when Boris will allow fans back! SBL

I thought that was when he was having his fourth lockdown. :)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2021, 03:22:00 PM »

Just been on the Spurs website sounds like 1st October is when Boris will allow fans back! SBL

;D

Yet they are allowing fans in an indoor arena for the World Snooker!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2021, 01:48:47 AM »

Don't tell me - it's a load of balls...

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2021, 09:27:48 AM »

Couldn't find this anywhere SBL? All I saw was fans getting 1/19th discount per game missed on a monthly basis.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crowds back ????