News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New signing

Author Topic: New signing  (Read 3872 times)

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
New signing
« on: February 22, 2021, 08:18:03 PM »

on the main site

Welcome James Hardy  :)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New signing
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 08:23:19 PM »

Welcome and good luck
Full time and proud of it

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 08:33:41 PM »

Impressive!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 09:34:29 PM »

Think he's another winger or number ren. A very good signing for us though.
Perhaps a number nine is on the list too?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 10:01:06 PM »

Given he’s taken a pay cut to come I assume he’s on a longer term deal. So that’s him, hanks, Mooney,  Colclough, Kosylo and ceesay competing for 3 places. Seems quite a lot to me and all on long terms deals. I know several of them have injury records but if they all stay fit as we hope they would, at least 5 of them are going to expect to be playing almost every week. Ceesay had better get practicing as a no9 cos it’s the only way he’ll get game time against that lot

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 10:03:05 PM »

Given he’s taken a pay cut to come I assume he’s on a longer term deal. So that’s him, hanks, Mooney,  Colclough, Kosylo and ceesay competing for 3 places. Seems quite a lot to me and all on long terms deals. I know several of them have injury records but if they all stay fit as we hope they would, at least 5 of them are going to expect to be playing almost every week. Ceesay had better get practicing as a no9 cos it’s the only way he’ll get game time against that lot

Depending on his court case, I would imagine Colclough is a very saleable asset.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 10:08:58 PM »

True. Or he may be unavailable for a while

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 10:46:18 PM »

Decent player - if he's fit and stays that way. I just wish that we'd occasionally sign a player who's not spent significant time on the treatment table over 2-3 seasons.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 11:08:04 PM »

Decent player - if he's fit and stays that way. I just wish that we'd occasionally sign a player who's not spent significant time on the treatment table over 2-3 seasons.
I don't think he has struggled so much the last couple of seasons, although I know what you mean. I saw AFC Telford United play Curzon Ashton on their stream last month, when James Hardy played, although I can't remember much from his performance. The Telford player who did impress me then was Jason Oswell, the big centre-forward. Having played for Crewe Alexandra and Nantwich Town, he seems to have all the appropriate links!

Welcome to the club to James Hardy, though.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 09:14:39 AM »

Welcome James. Best of Luck with Alty

Its interesting he approached Parky, very Colin Little..

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 09:41:59 AM »

I don't think he has struggled so much the last couple of seasons, although I know what you mean. I saw AFC Telford United play Curzon Ashton on their stream last month, when James Hardy played, although I can't remember much from his performance. The Telford player who did impress me then was Jason Oswell, the big centre-forward. Having played for Crewe Alexandra and Nantwich Town, he seems to have all the appropriate links!

Oswell would be the perfect signing.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 10:23:26 AM »

In the style of the brilliant "Laurels for Hardy" headline on the above transfer, if this one comes off may i suggest "Oswell that ends well"
Bernard Taylors barmy army

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 10:59:29 AM »

I know we've injuries but Hancock, Mooney, Cisse, Colclough, Kosyolo and Hardy give us great creativity.

What we're lacking is that pivot to bring them into the game (like Hulme), and I hope we still sign a CF from the Conference North.
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 07:20:59 PM »

In the style of the brilliant "Laurels for Hardy" headline on the above transfer, if this one comes off may i suggest "Oswell that ends well"

Bo//ocks! I wanted to say that!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New signing