PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bromley Match Thread  (Read 9142 times)

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bromley Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2021, 05:00:25 PM »

Beaten by a much more physical and organised team with a proper striker.
Side to side footy against teams like that seems a waste.
Another Reality check.
Onwards to next game

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2021, 05:28:01 PM »

We can't defend set pieces, and we have no goal threat. If games were won in the middle third we'd be world beaters. Kosylo is becoming a liability. Maybe we'll see the back of the utterly useless Harrison if he eventually gets through his audition for the lead role in "The Invisible Man". Not surprised, but disappointed nonetheless.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2021, 05:36:52 PM »

Gutted, 5th defeat on run... big BIG game coming up Tues...

Need to shake it up with formation &/or in defence... plus need to get some players back fit... again we ask for injury update...

Missing Hancock, Mooney, Colclough, plus conceding too many early goals &/or 'silly' ones... time for some changes in defence... also need to sort out striker role, especially if play loan striker option infront of attacking three behind... maybe Piggott or Hardy will be answer when fully fit, but don't think Harrison, Peers, Adarbioyo are answer as can't seem to score & never look like will being prolific 20-25goal scorer we need... as i say, Parky needs to make some changes...

Roll on Tuesday, we go again... in Parky we Trust...
Come on lads... fight for the shirt... COYR!

Woking at home feels like must win now to change our fortunes & get another run going... despite us being 7pts above Woking we've played 5games more; so in reality they're similar to us in form as both won just 1 of last 6 & PPG (Points Per Game) has Alty (in 16th) on 1.27 to Woking (17th) 1.24...

Roll on Tue eve... it'll be a BIG game to watch &i  hope Parky finds his inner Baldrick & comes up with a 'cunning plan'!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2021, 05:41:03 PM »

Kosylo is one of our most creative outlets with everything running through him..no idea what anyone would mean saying he's a liability. Smith and Hardy were both standout players today as well.

Harrison was very poor, I agree with the majority here and I'd rather start Peers over him on Tuesday. Ridiculous to say you could lose faith in Phil in any way but clearly he's tried to rectify a situation and it hasn't worked this time with Harrison, it happens. Besides, he obviously thinks Piggott is the long term solution but as he isn't fit yet there isn't much he can do is there?

Bromley were a decent outfit but we're giving away too many cheap goals at the moment and don't have anyone to get on the end of our attacking phases of play.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2021, 06:54:24 PM »

Again, I'm going to appeal for calm.

Like with White the other day, I think the criticism of Sutton is a bit unfair - and Kosylo, ridiculous quite frankly. The commentary team summed it up pretty well, we knock it nicely side to side but Bromley know when to go long, they can switch it up and I think that's an experience thing as much as anything. We seemed to get most joy from getting to the byelines and cutting back, but they defended well for the most part - we didn't. Nobody should be scoring a back post header from a corner like that.

'Reality Check' summed up by the two forwards, Cheek and Duffus, being absolute units that make you realise why players like Jordan stay in regional leagues.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2021, 07:03:20 PM »

Bromley managed the game well. We were toothless. Yet again their commentary team didn't have to mention Harrison. Cheek and Duffas would have been happy playing against up all day. Just the extra level of physicality carried the day.

I think Kosylo could turn in to a liability. He very much wears his heart on his sleeve but only about 50% of his trickery comes off. I don't know what went wrong at Halifax and Fylde but I wouldn't be suprised to find out there were dressing room issues in the end. Hopefully, Parky can keep his head together for a bit longer and then if we start winning again the situation won't arise.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2021, 07:12:42 PM »

Bromley managed the game well. We were toothless. Yet again their commentary team didn't have to mention Harrison. Cheek and Duffas would have been happy playing against up all day. Just the extra level of physicality carried the day.

I think Kosylo could turn in to a liability. He very much wears his heart on his sleeve but only about 50% of his trickery comes off. I don't know what went wrong at Halifax and Fylde but I wouldn't be suprised to find out there were dressing room issues in the end. Hopefully, Parky can keep his head together for a bit longer and then if we start winning again the situation won't arise.

I think that was Kosylo's 10th booking of the season to date this afternoon.

The cameras also seemed to pick up signs of a fracas/frank exchange of opinions in the tunnel at half-time in which he appeared to be involved.

I've generally enjoyed what he has brought to the team on the pitch, however his end product can be frustrating (as illustrated by the good chance that he blazed over the bar in the first half) and he did seem to run down a lot of blind alleys this afternoon.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 08:30:25 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2021, 07:25:57 PM »

Lots of possession but minimal penetration, all exacerbated by some unimpressive defending.

I do fear that some teams have rather worked us out. Bromley seemed content to let us have plenty of the ball, whilst being safe in the knowledge both that (i) we would spend the majority of the time indulging in lateral passing and (ii) our goal threat from our nominal striker was non-existent.

But for some decent saves by Thompson, that scoreline could have been far more painful.

As for the lamentable Harrison, that's now a total of 477 minutes into his Alty career without a goal.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2021, 07:28:56 PM »

I think it's utterly ridiculous we're turning on Kosylo.

Our Sinnott teams were far too soft, it's great to see players with a bit of heart - you just have to take the rough with the smooth, I'd rather have that than a wet blanket.

Interestingly I started a FM21 save with Alty the other day, he already dislikes me  :P

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2021, 07:30:14 PM »

Always hard to say whether or not there is harmony in the dressing room. In a way it wouldn't be a surprise if there wasn't a bit of an issue given the big turnover in players in the squad in the last 6 months and players getting use to each other. This is compared of course to a mostly settled squad for the previous 3 seasons where there always seemed to be a brilliant team spirit, though when you're mainly winning games that always helps.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2021, 08:21:12 PM »

I think it's utterly ridiculous we're turning on Kosylo.

Our Sinnott teams were far too soft, it's great to see players with a bit of heart - you just have to take the rough with the smooth, I'd rather have that than a wet blanket.

Interestingly I started a FM21 save with Alty the other day, he already dislikes me  :P

It’s not that ridiculous, his discipline is terrible. He won’t be able to affect the Woking game if he’s suspended. Seem to remember him getting hooked at HT at Halifax because he’d lost his head too

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2021, 08:21:24 PM »

i find Kosylo extremely frustrating but he brings a lot to the team.

No problem with Sutton but id have Malarkey before him

We lost 5 on the spin but been outplayed once (yeovil)

Full time and proud of it

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2021, 08:31:17 PM »

More sensible posts like this please!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2021, 08:39:19 PM »

I have to say that I thought that we were outplayed today.

Contrast just how many saves Thompson was called upon to make with how largely untroubled their goalkeeper was. Plus Cheek missed a great chance to complete his hat-trick when he headed wide from close range.

Agree with you regarding Mullarkey though.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2021, 09:16:50 PM »

More sensible posts like this please!

Good post. We just need a better end product from Kosylo, similar to JJ but has better close control and movement.

If we aren't going for a striker and if Piggott isn't going to start then I would hope Mooney and Colclough are close to return and play Ceesay up top.

Yes he isn't a striker, but would have far more impact than Harrison, who is becoming as bad as Fis.

I agree, I would start Malarkey over Sutton, far more mobile.

We need an injury update this week and to hopefully drop the passengers.

If everyone gets back fit then we need a good clear out.

A fit Piggott, otherwise Ceesey then Hanks for no.9. Fis, Harrison and Peers should not be near the starting 11.

Maybe keep Peers as a squad player but the other two need to be off the wage bill.

Their career statistics say it all, very poor.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 09:18:22 PM by oneedham »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread