PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bromley Match Thread  (Read 9840 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bromley Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2021, 09:18:36 PM »

We were outplayed today. At 1 0 down I thought we were still going to batter them but their goalie had a very comfortable game. Their blocking of our attempts was excellent.

The result was fair in my opinion. Extremely disappointing and frustrating, but fair.

Kosylo is streets ahead of JJ. At least you know Kosy is heading for the goal and he can take a corner

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2021, 09:43:26 PM »

We played some very nice football today, but Bromley scored an early goal and managed the game very well, after having a shock when we equalised. I think I recall the same from the game at Moss Lane, apart from the equaliser.

Matty Kosylo could benefit from calming down somewhat, true, but, setting that against his assets, he is definitely a positive for the team, and has been one of our best players this season. The problem is more that we clearly miss something up front, where, as I have said before, Byron Harrison is clearly a decent player but doesn't gel with our team or formation. A fit Piggott or Ceesay could offer more there, as has been said.

In other good news, I thought James Hardy played well today, and the Bromley stream and presentation was excellent, even if it, understandably, failed to catch the incident for the sending-off.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2021, 09:49:31 PM »

i find Kosylo extremely frustrating but he brings a lot to the team.

No problem with Sutton but id have Malarkey before him

We lost 5 on the spin but been outplayed once (yeovil)

More sensible posts like this please!

Good post. We just need a better end product from Kosylo, similar to JJ but has better close control and movement.

If we aren't going for a striker and if Piggott isn't going to start then I would hope Mooney and Colclough are close to return and play Ceesay up top.

Yes he isn't a striker, but would have far more impact than Harrison, who is becoming as bad as Fis.

I agree, I would start Malarkey over Sutton, far more mobile.

We need an injury update this week and to hopefully drop the passengers.

If everyone gets back fit then we need a good clear out.

A fit Piggott, otherwise Ceesey then Hanks for no.9. Fis, Harrison and Peers should not be near the starting 11.

Maybe keep Peers as a squad player but the other two need to be off the wage bill.

Their career statistics say it all, very poor.

There is an issue with this at the moment - a moral issue. normally you can release players to play for another club and it would likely be a p/t club in a league below. Could we, in all integrity, release players to nothing - especially any that might be on a contract?

It is a tough time at the moment and (most) clubs are trying to help each other (i.e. for players on loan at clubs in lower leagues allowing them to not pay for any unused loan) so things like this make life difficult for a club with a high moral compass and care and concern for the players.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2021, 09:54:11 PM »

We played some very nice football today, but Bromley scored an early goal and managed the game very well, after having a shock when we equalised. I think I recall the same from the game at Moss Lane, apart from the equaliser.

Matty Kosylo could benefit from calming down somewhat, true, but, setting that against his assets, he is definitely a positive for the team, and has been one of our best players this season. The problem is more that we clearly miss something up front, where, as I have said before, Byron Harrison is clearly a decent player but doesn't gel with our team or formation. A fit Piggott or Ceesay could offer more there, as has been said.

In other good news, I thought James Hardy played well today, and the Bromley stream and presentation was excellent, even if it, understandably, failed to catch the incident for the sending-off.

Sorry to disagree but apart from one good season with Barrow ...what makes Harrison a 'clearly ' decent player?
I must be going blind.
Honest to god at 40 I would be more than confident I would have had more touches in the minute's he's played. Not saying I would have done anything with those touches but he hasn't.
Done absolutely F all.
It is absolute nonsense that will keep us losing games through no end product.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2021, 09:58:08 PM »

i find Kosylo extremely frustrating but he brings a lot to the team.

No problem with Sutton but id have Malarkey before him

We lost 5 on the spin but been outplayed once (yeovil)

More sensible posts like this please!

Good post. We just need a better end product from Kosylo, similar to JJ but has better close control and movement.

If we aren't going for a striker and if Piggott isn't going to start then I would hope Mooney and Colclough are close to return and play Ceesay up top.

Yes he isn't a striker, but would have far more impact than Harrison, who is becoming as bad as Fis.

I agree, I would start Malarkey over Sutton, far more mobile.

We need an injury update this week and to hopefully drop the passengers.

If everyone gets back fit then we need a good clear out.

A fit Piggott, otherwise Ceesey then Hanks for no.9. Fis, Harrison and Peers should not be near the starting 11.

Maybe keep Peers as a squad player but the other two need to be off the wage bill.

Their career statistics say it all, very poor.

There is an issue with this at the moment - a moral issue. normally you can release players to play for another club and it would likely be a p/t club in a league below. Could we, in all integrity, release players to nothing - especially any that might be on a contract?

It is a tough time at the moment and (most) clubs are trying to help each other (i.e. for players on loan at clubs in lower leagues allowing them to not pay for any unused loan) so things like this make life difficult for a club with a high moral compass and care and concern for the players.

Football isn't a charity, we've been there before and carried so many players, former players becoming manager's with no experience etc and it well and truly bit us on the arse.
OK, don't release them, but certainly don't bloody play them.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2021, 10:35:36 PM »

Sorry to disagree but apart from one good season with Barrow ...what makes Harrison a 'clearly ' decent player?
I must be going blind.
Honest to god at 40 I would be more than confident I would have had more touches in the minute's he's played. Not saying I would have done anything with those touches but he hasn't.
Done absolutely F all.
It is absolute nonsense that will keep us losing games through no end product.

The way he holds up the ball to work with a non-existent strike partner, As I say, he doesn't seem to fit our formation.

He also had a decent Football League career, reaching League One,  and scored 29 goals one season for Ashford Town (Middlesex).

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2021, 11:21:04 PM »

A couple points on Harrison. Yes, he did score a hatful for Ashford - 12 years ago, and two levels lower down the pyramid.

Yes, he did play in the League, but his strike rate had noticeably dropped after leaving Cheltenham in 2015.

Yes, he did average a goal every alternate game for Barrow at this level - but, again, his strike rate fell away as time passed.

The fact is he'd scored 1 goal in 49 games over the previous two seasons before he came to us. He'll be 34 in June, and I seriously believe that he's way past his best. I can't honestly see him ever scoring a goal at this level again.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2021, 08:36:35 AM »

Simon Richman (I believe) has a better strike record over 10 years
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2021, 11:51:34 AM »

A couple points on Harrison. Yes, he did score a hatful for Ashford - 12 years ago, and two levels lower down the pyramid.

Yes, he did play in the League, but his strike rate had noticeably dropped after leaving Cheltenham in 2015.

Yes, he did average a goal every alternate game for Barrow at this level - but, again, his strike rate fell away as time passed.

The fact is he'd scored 1 goal in 49 games over the previous two seasons before he came to us. He'll be 34 in June, and I seriously believe that he's way past his best. I can't honestly see him ever scoring a goal at this level again.
A single goal in 49 games is some CV. I’m amazed by that. Amazed he scored a goal. I trust in PPs judgement but I’m seriously thinking there’s a prolific striker somewhere else who is also called Byrom Harrison.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2021, 06:00:00 PM »

A single goal in 49 games is some CV. I’m amazed by that. Amazed he scored a goal. I trust in PPs judgement but I’m seriously thinking there’s a prolific striker somewhere else who is also called Byrom Harrison.

LOL!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread