PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hulme and Leather
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hulme and Leather  (Read 9899 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Hulme and Leather
« on: February 27, 2021, 09:40:35 PM »

A lot will say no and I get it, but I've had enough of this trial and error striker nonsense.

Those two are what we really need, only for the rest of the season.

The season is already fading so let's just go for it.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 09:46:09 PM by oneedham »

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hulme and Leather
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 09:52:47 PM »

I will say no as the season is already fading. We are not going up and not going down. They are both good players, but Scott Leather is no better than the defenders we already have, although Jordan Hulme would be an improvement.

I don't see why we should spend money on a loan to finish 10th, say, rather than 17th.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 10:09:05 PM »

Leather has the experience over Toby, who has so much potential and will get there.
I know Sutton is a good defender but he really needs to get in shape, it is like he has rocked up pre season.
We still could go on a crazy run and make it but we really need to act now. Everyone can see the issue's and they haven't been addressed since Jordan left.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 10:12:36 PM »

Leather's Chorley came straight back down to the Conf North, and Hulme has never played at this level. They aren't Alty players, stop living in the past. If we need reinforcements, and I would argue that we don't, it wouldn't be them.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 10:28:00 PM »

If 5 consecutive defeats isn't a good time to make some changes, I don't know when is. If our 3 missing forward players are out for a while, we will struggle to score goals. Tuesday is massive.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 10:59:36 PM »

Leather would be an asset.

Hulme is possibly the biggest sh*thouse in non-league. 'Want to play at the highest level I can', 'want to play with my name on my shirt', gets the chance to do both and turns it down. GTF
Full time and proud of it

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 08:38:08 AM »

Chester losing 20k a month even without the season playing out.

I'm sure Dudley is worth part of clearing that debt.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 09:53:08 AM »

Let's get a grip, for Christ's sake.

Recruitment up to this point hasn't been cheap, and there's literally nothing left to play for.

I don't begrudge Hulme moving on when he did, but I can guarantee it wouldn't be the same if he came back. He also takes about half a dozen games to get going each season so why would he hit the ground running?

Leather is a bit different. Like Willo, he's considerably better than the player that left us - and as a centre half, he'd probably have a few years left in him if he did end up becoming a permanent option.

Next we'll be clamouring for JJ to come back.

This thread will look ridiculous in a few weeks.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 10:36:31 AM »

I think the other thing is regardless of whether we should go in for them or not, then as established Conference North players they may just not want the travel that our league entails. Leather presumably has a job outside football & maybe playing in a regional league suits them both more off the field too.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 10:53:32 AM »

Chester losing 20k a month even without the season playing out.

I'm sure Dudley is worth part of clearing that debt.

Yeah Dudley would be very good.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 10:55:39 AM »

Let's get a grip, for Christ's sake.

Recruitment up to this point hasn't been cheap, and there's literally nothing left to play for.

I don't begrudge Hulme moving on when he did, but I can guarantee it wouldn't be the same if he came back. He also takes about half a dozen games to get going each season so why would he hit the ground running?

Leather is a bit different. Like Willo, he's considerably better than the player that left us - and as a centre half, he'd probably have a few years left in him if he did end up becoming a permanent option.

Next we'll be clamouring for JJ to come back.

This thread will look ridiculous in a few weeks.

No doubt it will turn back around but we may need short term reinforcements, striker 100%.
Depends on the injuries aswell.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 10:57:22 AM »

I think the other thing is regardless of whether we should go in for them or not, then as established Conference North players they may just not want the travel that our league entails. Leather presumably has a job outside football & maybe playing in a regional league suits them both more off the field too.

Yeah I think Jordan also left because he doing PT for when footy ends.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 10:59:21 AM »

I don't think there's any doubt that Jordan Hulme, committed to the Alty cause, would give us the goalscoring target man we've been after since the first game of the season. Which was a few days after he left us to play regional football. 

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 11:58:24 AM »

All I can say is that if Harrison, Peers or Fisayo are the answer, I just don't know what the question is.
We all know (including the management) that we need a striker. I don't think that is, or should be, Hulme. He has already amply demonstrated his level of commitment to us so let's just thank him for what he did in the past and move on.
I think as far as the defence is concerned, if our forwards were more of a threat with a dangerous number nine, it would take a bit of pressure off and they would be okay.
Just my opinion.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2021, 12:26:41 PM »

All I can say is that if Harrison, Peers or Fisayo are the answer, I just don't know what the question is.
We all know (including the management) that we need a striker. I don't think that is, or should be, Hulme. He has already amply demonstrated his level of commitment to us so let's just thank him for what he did in the past and move on.
I think as far as the defence is concerned, if our forwards were more of a threat with a dangerous number nine, it would take a bit of pressure off and they would be okay.
Just my opinion.

And mine
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hulme and Leather