PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hulme and Leather
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hulme and Leather  (Read 9108 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hulme and Leather
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 01:37:17 PM »

Aside from what I've already said on the matter, Jordan will be on a decent wage up there, and we would be expected to subsidise that - possibly to the full.

Dudley would remain a strong preference - in terms of his age, potential and possibly more feasible too.

I trust the management, whether they bring more in or not.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 05:17:10 PM »

Dudley is a 1 in 4 goalscorer in games over the last few years. Not what we need imo.
Have seen him a couple of times this season and he's good but not good enough. Again imo. Plus he's just signed a new contract I think.
If we're going to get a player in temporarily for the rest of the season, perhaps a loan from higher up would be better (but nearer 24 than 34!).
And not someone who's had a lot of time out with injury.
We don't know what's going on in the background but I'm sure this will be being worked on.
Like you, I have complete faith and trust in PP and the management and I think if no one comes in it's because it's not possible rather than any other reason.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 05:24:01 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 05:30:12 PM »

What’s the point in bringing in temporary players? To achieve a play off spot? If not, there’s absolutely no reason to do it, waste of time and money. No relegation plus could possible upset the squad and then what happens when they’ve gone? They’ve been furloughed so won’t be available anyway.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2021, 05:32:22 PM »

What’s the point in bringing in temporary players? To achieve a play off spot? If not, there’s absolutely no reason to do it, waste of time and money. No relegation plus could possible upset the squad and then what happens when they’ve gone? They’ve been furloughed so won’t be available anyway.

My thoughts exactly. Obviously our forwards are naff but I don't see the point in this at all.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2021, 06:02:47 PM »

I agree too. I would put the odds of promotion at 1 in 200 right now. Waste of money getting anyone in unless they can be signed up for next season AND warrant the investment.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2021, 06:19:51 PM »

My thoughts exactly. Obviously our forwards are naff but I don't see the point in this at all.

Because you could bring in someone we want for both this and next season, cheaply.
It's all my fault.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2021, 07:23:10 PM »

Because you could bring in someone we want for both this and next season, cheaply.

But we're talking about signing a player on loan for this season, not next season.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

andrewflynn

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2021, 08:30:10 AM »

Aye. Use the war chest if you're actually in the trenches.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2021, 08:35:14 AM »

Parky and Sorvs have always been willing to dip into the market if the right player becomes available - and I'm sure that's still the case, with one eye on next season too. If the right player doesn't come up, then so be it.

Like I say, I think this thread might look a bit silly in a few weeks.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2021, 08:41:15 AM »

Parky and Sorvs have always been willing to dip into the market if the right player becomes available - and I'm sure that's still the case, with one eye on next season too. If the right player doesn't come up, then so be it.

Smith came in on-loan because he wasn't getting football; he became a signing and one-less signing to make in the Summer.

Players are looking for security. Finishing 21st or 14th will make recruitment a lot easier in the summer. A part-time, midtable is an easier sell-in to an agent than falling from 4th to 20th.
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2021, 01:48:38 PM »

Smith came in on-loan because he wasn't getting football; he became a signing and one-less signing to make in the Summer.

Players are looking for security. Finishing 21st or 14th will make recruitment a lot easier in the summer. A part-time, midtable is an easier sell-in to an agent than falling from 4th to 20th.

Or seeing what Parkie, Sorvs etc al have done with the club and how we have attracted EFL players might just make them see the potential

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2021, 04:42:27 PM »

Do we know where Chris Senior and Jordan Hulme are these days ?

Could be worth a punt ?
ParkINson's red and white army

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2021, 10:40:14 PM »

So we wouldn’t be looking at Hulme then!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2021, 01:30:17 PM »

So we wouldn’t be looking at Hulme then!

Cheap in comparison to signing them over the summer.

Smash and grab
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hulme and Leather