PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Woking Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Woking Match Thread  (Read 11149 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Woking Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2021, 07:52:54 AM »

Didn't look like we had 10 men for that 2nd half.

We've got to take our chances, that should have been 2 if not 3-0.

Great run by Hardy, but Peers has to work the keeper. And the one that came across goal for Peers has to be a simple tap in

But credit to Peers, I do enjoy his concentrated efforts from. 20 minutes off the bench and a perfect ball To Kosylo
It's all my fault.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2021, 09:17:39 AM »

The team and management deserve a lot of credit for their performance last night, particularly given the sending off, which I hope may be available to watch on the highlights.  The new lads fitted in well, and there was grit shown by our players all over the pitch.  Smith, again, was a colossus, and the new defender helped bolster the back four which looked far more assured, particularly when dealing with the aerial bombardment that Woking delivered in the final third.  One concern, I thought TT's kicking was shaky for the first time in a while, but I'll forgive him that given the outstanding saves he pulled off at the end (there were others too earlier in the game).  Finally, a special mention to Tom Peers who, as has already been said on a thread elsewhere, put in a 90-minute performance in the 20 or so that he was on the field.  At one point the commentators sounded as though there were reading from a Python script: "And it's Peers on the ball, he goes round a man before passing to Peers on his right who then crosses the ball over to Peers who was calling for it in the middle.  He heads it down to Peers who had made a run from the edge of the box....." etc.  Super performance, well deserved result. #coyr

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2021, 09:24:35 AM »

Super performance by everyone in the second half. Difficult to comment on the first half without a stream. A few more like that will put us back in contension.

What a shame we've got Saturday off. May be a chance to integrate the new lads fully and go again next week.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2021, 09:43:45 AM »

I'm not doubting he has ability and I accept that he is young and that it was his first game for us.

However, particularly when down to ten, you need your line striker to keep possession, allow those behind him to move upfield a bit and relieve the pressure.
Perhaps that's not his standpoint?
Getting hold of it, keeping it and linking the play are pre requisites in that scenario. If you can't do that, get hold and head for touchline and corners.
Anyway, good result.
Sorry if a bit negative

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2021, 10:07:06 AM »

Didn't look like we had 10 men for that 2nd half.

We've got to take our chances, that should have been 2 if not 3-0.

Great run by Hardy, but Peers has to work the keeper. And the one that came across goal for Peers has to be a simple tap in

But credit to Peers, I do enjoy his concentrated efforts from. 20 minutes off the bench and a perfect ball To Kosylo

Did he come on and go off again when the stream was off for 20 mins or have I missed something?

Peers was brilliant when he came on

TT proved me wrong. I was calling for Gould to be given a chance but what a double save at the end.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2021, 05:21:43 PM »

Can't be negative about Peers regarding last night's performance.

After his tremendous, sweeping ball out to the left wing he then set up the goal very nicely and that was just the start of a decent performance.

I thought Gibson caused a lot of issues in the opposition defence and showed a great deal of promise. He seems to like running at defences and they do not like that. A bit of luck and he could have scored or created a goal.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2021, 05:24:33 PM »

Just seen the highlights .

Hannigans' red, dreadful backpass from Gibson, very tough to tell if its a foul or not. Doubt there's enough evidence to appeal it.

Very well worked goal helped by their 7' defender falling over.

Superb from Thompson.

Gutted no game Saturday
Full time and proud of it

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2021, 10:32:06 AM »

Just spotted that the full Alty TV highlights are now available and they help clear up both the disallowed goal and the red card - I'd say the officials got both decisions correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PETxeHL9c_o

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2021, 11:09:33 AM »

Just spotted that the full Alty TV highlights are now available and they help clear up both the disallowed goal and the red card - I'd say the officials got both decisions correct.

Jake is clearly onside for the goal, I don't understand how it could be interpreted differently. The red card however I agree, he mis hits the ball with his left and takes the man down with his right

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2021, 11:29:39 AM »

Jake is clearly onside for the goal, I don't understand how it could be interpreted differently. The red card however I agree, he mis hits the ball with his left and takes the man down with his right

Hannigan is in an offside position when the kick is taken and he tries to win the ball, so it's offside.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2021, 02:47:33 PM »

I hope the red card appeal didn't cost us any money, because it looked pretty clear to me.

The commentary team could do better to be less emotive and more impartial in situations like that - I understand that it might be hard 'in the moment', but I've seen other commentary teams manage it quite well.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2021, 02:54:26 PM »

I hope the red card appeal didn't cost us any money, because it looked pretty clear to me.

The commentary team could do better to be less emotive and more impartial in situations like that - I understand that it might be hard 'in the moment', but I've seen other commentary teams manage it quite well.

There is a cost associated for an appeal.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Woking Match Thread