PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Woking Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Woking Match Thread  (Read 10444 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Woking Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2021, 09:10:59 PM »

Grafted their socks off for those points. I'll hold judgement on the referee until I see the highlights. What a fantastic pair of saves by TT at the death !

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2021, 09:11:51 PM »

Buzzing... what a performance with 10 men for last 60mins!

All three loanees did great and fitted in so well...

Whole team was awesome...

TT double save at end outstanding!!!

Hopefully the start of another unbeaten run...

Happy Dayz...  COYR! :)
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2021, 09:13:19 PM »

TT well done.Oneedham are you related to fred needham?
Harold

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2021, 09:15:46 PM »

Great team effort. TT world class saves at the end. I do knock TT re his kicking occasionally but his shot stopping ability is superb. The new lads did well considering 36 hours they weren’t at the club. We have a good squad if the injuries didn’t keep occurring we would be a definite top ten team in this league.

Well done to all, Onwards & Upwards.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2021, 09:16:19 PM »

Great team effort. TT world class saves at the end. I do knock TT re his kicking occasionally but his shot stopping ability is superb. The new lads did well considering 36 hours they weren’t at the club. We have a good squad if the injuries didn’t keep occurring we would be a definite top ten team in this league.

Well done to all, Onwards & Upwards.

Not seen saves like that since Stu Coburn!

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2021, 09:29:05 PM »

Superb effort from 10 men (and subs) to come away with the 3 points and end the bad run we've been on. Well done to Parky and Sorvs on acting decisively - the new loanees all had decent games, showed great energy and should create a lot more competition for places.

Didn't see the red card (who did with the stream down?), so don't know if it can be appealed, sounded odd from the commentary.
Tony T's 2 late saves had me applauding in my own front room, deffo saved us the win there.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2021, 09:33:29 PM »

Superb effort from 10 men (and subs) to come away with the 3 points and end the bad run we've been on. Well done to Parky and Sorvs on acting decisively - the new loanees all had decent games, showed great energy and should create a lot more competition for places.

Didn't see the red card (who did with the stream down?), so don't know if it can be appealed, sounded odd from the commentary.
Tony T's 2 late saves had me applauding in my own front room, deffo saved us the win there.

From what I can gather he got the ball, which rebounded, before (or if) the man!
I hope we can appeal, Hannigan has been a rock this season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2021, 09:36:09 PM »

GET IN!

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2021, 09:41:30 PM »

Great effort from all, it was helped by a woeful Woking team that only started playing at one down, but the sheer effort from everyone in Red who got on the pitch for that last 20 was commendable, especially after recent results.
Stream also woeful.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2021, 09:57:54 PM »

Superb team effort. 3 new lads fitted right in and Colclough looked like he'd not been away.

Pitch looked a lot better
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2021, 10:08:47 PM »

TT well done.Oneedham are you related to fred needham?

Yes, he was my grandad who took me to watch Alty, at around 7 years old.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 10:51:14 PM »

It's a strange feeling tonight as, with the problems with the stream, I missed crucial incidents such as the sending off and the goal, although I did see Jonte Smith's miss, and I had given up on it entirely for the last few minutes so I didn't see some wonderful saves by Tony Tnompson, so I feel I can't really comment on the game.
However, it was clearly a performance which showed lots of courage and character, when, especially with the recent poor run, heads could so easily have dropped down after the sending off.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2021, 10:55:57 PM »

It's a strange feeling tonight as, with the problems with the stream, I missed crucial incidents such as the sending off and the goal, although I did see Jonte Smith's miss, and I had given up on it entirely for the last few minutes so I didn't see some wonderful saves by Tony Tnompson, so I feel I can't really comment on the game.
However, it was clearly a performance which showed lots of courage and character, when, especially with the recent poor run, heads could so easily have dropped down after the sending off.

Exactly!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2021, 12:29:28 AM »

Off the bits I saw due to the stream issue and the commentary I heard in the absence if pictures, I was very impressed by Zouma, impressed by Ogle and, I'm afraid somewhat underwhelmed by the striker.
Too often he gave it away or ran down blind alleys with it and on occasion declined clear shooting opportunities.

Assuming he plays next Tuesday and the gremlins leave us alone I will be happy to revise my opinions

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2021, 12:38:52 AM »

Off the bits I saw due to the stream issue and the commentary I heard in the absence if pictures, I was very impressed by Zouma, impressed by Ogle and, I'm afraid somewhat underwhelmed by the striker.
Too often he gave it away or ran down blind alleys with it and on occasion declined clear shooting opportunities.

Assuming he plays next Tuesday and the gremlins leave us alone I will be happy to revise my opinions
He’s a boy that a higher league club saw enough to invest in from two leagues below this. He needs confidence and support right now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Woking Match Thread