PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans at last game of season...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fans at last game of season...  (Read 9676 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fans at last game of season...
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2021, 07:09:39 PM »

Number of verified cases of Covid caught outdoors?

None!

That's disingenuous. How do you verify exactly where someone caught Covid? Studies suggest the risk of infection outdoors is massively lower than indoors, which is good news in terms of fans returning to games, but the same studies also caution that covered spaces are higher risk than open areas and that being close to someone for a prolonged period will also increase the risk. Those are two factors that come into play with football crowds so it's not as straightforward as saying outdoors = fine.

I'm hopeful crowds will return soon but I also understand why there may be some caution surrounding that decision.

If you cannot verify where ppl catch Covod how do they know 3% got it from hospitality etc etc.
All this does tell us is that you cannot confirm they caught it outside, but then SAGE did tell us that, to catch Covid, you need to be in close contact with someone indoors for 15 mins +

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2021, 07:29:16 PM »

We are all going to die one day . Let's crack on

Exactly!

If you are scared then don't go out or wear a mask (after all we are told they work...so well that now they recommend multiple masks mind!).

If you are under 60 with no serious underlying issues or have had the vaccine then you are pretty safe. Time to stop being scared and live with it.

It not about being scared, it’s about people’s behaviour, just keep watching the news and at the first sign of any prolonged decent weather the beaches and parks will be rammed. No care for social distancing. People will be flying off all over the place and I wouldn’t mind betting you that come mid autumn this year the hospitals will be seeing an increase of cases again.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2021, 07:33:53 PM »

We are all going to die one day . Let's crack on

Exactly!

If you are scared then don't go out or wear a mask (after all we are told they work...so well that now they recommend multiple masks mind!).

If you are under 60 with no serious underlying issues or have had the vaccine then you are pretty safe. Time to stop being scared and live with it.

It not about being scared, it’s about people’s behaviour, just keep watching the news and at the first sign of any prolonged decent weather the beaches and parks will be rammed. No care for social distancing. People will be flying off all over the place and I wouldn’t mind betting you that come mid autumn this year the hospitals will be seeing an increase of cases again.

And we saw NO increase in cases from the masses at the beaches last Spring/Summer.
Of course hospitals will have more cases in the autumn: every year we get increases in respiratory illnesses in hospitals in the autum and every year we get the newspaper headlines that hospitals are at breaking point.

As someone in a high risk category I have had no fear working in relatively crowded environments indoors as an apparent key worker (I think I'm just doing what I'm paid for) over the last year. Just 1 non symptomatic case where I work!

And - as SAGE have told us _ you need to be in close contact indoors for 15 mins to spread this!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2021, 07:44:12 PM »

Sage said that you were MORE LIKELY to catch it in those scenarios which is a bit different.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2021, 07:51:27 PM »

And - as SAGE have told us _ you need to be in close contact indoors for 15 mins to spread this!

SAGE has not told us that. I think you are referring to the criteria for the definition of 'close contact' which includes (but is not limited to):
  • Someone you have had face to face contact with at a distance of less than 1 metre, had skin-to-skin physical contact with, or that you have coughed on, or had other forms of contact within 1 metre for 1 minute or longer
  • Someone that you have spent more than 15 minutes within two metres of
  • Someone that you have travelled in a car or other small vehicle with, or  someone that has been in close proximity to you on public transport
Note there is no mention of being indoors or outdoors.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2021, 08:07:25 PM »

SAGE has not told us that. I think you are referring to the criteria for the definition of 'close contact' which includes (but is not limited to):
  • Someone you have had face to face contact with at a distance of less than 1 metre, had skin-to-skin physical contact with, or that you have coughed on, or had other forms of contact within 1 metre for 1 minute or longer
  • Someone that you have spent more than 15 minutes within two metres of
  • Someone that you have travelled in a car or other small vehicle with, or  someone that has been in close proximity to you on public transport
Note there is no mention of being indoors or outdoors.

Yet here am I and thousands others working in retail totally clear of this virus! Amazing, isn't it!

Still over 99% survival rate and now the most vulnerable have vaccines - or do they not work now?

And after the government last Autumn said they would be including flu stats in with Covid one has to wonder, with zero flu cases, just what the real figures are!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:08:57 PM by JD »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2021, 08:07:46 PM »

At the moment there's virtually no one in South Trafford with Covid. There are between 0 and 2 cases in Hale, Bowdon, Hale Barns and South Timperley.
OK, there are currently 11 cases in Altrincham East. Thats 11 cases in 10,000 people

The chances of anyone having it inside the ground is miniscule especially given that a whole load more people, me included, will have been vaccinated by then.

The current chance that someone inside the ground would have it, assuming normal size crowds, is actually quite high.

The latest figure for the number of people in the general population who are currently infected is 1 in every 160. The figures you are quoting are just the number of people who've gone for a test in the previous seven days and received a positive result. They omit people, for example, who are asymptomatic and haven't gone for a test or people who received a positive result more than seven days ago but are still infected.

It's too simplistic to say that if 1,600 people were inside Moss Lane then ten of them would have Covid, but that 1:160 rate does at least suggest that it's very likely that a good number of people in a crowd of that size would have Covid.

As it goes, the positive test figures for nearly all the wards around Altrincham are actually above the national average, which suggests the prevalance around Altrincham is actually higher than the 1 in every 160 national average. Either way, if the turnstiles were to open tomorrow, all indications are that there would probably be a good few people with Covid going through them.

That's just on current figures, of course. All the data is going in the right direction (in December the national rate was 1 in 50!) so there's no reason to think that things couldn't be looking a lot brighter by the tail end of the season.

I suppose it depends what you define as a good few people. Taking your figures at face value 1 in 160 would mean 8 people in the ground with Covid assuming they are well enough to walk to the turnstile. However, I would think that at least some of them would realise they had symptoms and stay away.

I agree Traffords infection rates are above average but my data came from here
https://trafforddatalab.shinyapps.io/covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR1XV_JHLq2zb6Lm8WLEHbHvYH3SlrJZH1lpEtdDeZt2_y9lU9wecb3zEp0
Type in trafford and look at the map. I would suggest that Altrincham is below average and we'd be unlucky if there was more than a couple of people in the ground with Covid. That being the case I'd like to point out that there will also be people with Covid in the crowd next season and the season after. It's here to stay.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2021, 08:10:53 PM »

At the moment there's virtually no one in South Trafford with Covid. There are between 0 and 2 cases in Hale, Bowdon, Hale Barns and South Timperley.
OK, there are currently 11 cases in Altrincham East. Thats 11 cases in 10,000 people

The chances of anyone having it inside the ground is miniscule especially given that a whole load more people, me included, will have been vaccinated by then.

The current chance that someone inside the ground would have it, assuming normal size crowds, is actually quite high.

The latest figure for the number of people in the general population who are currently infected is 1 in every 160. The figures you are quoting are just the number of people who've gone for a test in the previous seven days and received a positive result. They omit people, for example, who are asymptomatic and haven't gone for a test or people who received a positive result more than seven days ago but are still infected.

It's too simplistic to say that if 1,600 people were inside Moss Lane then ten of them would have Covid, but that 1:160 rate does at least suggest that it's very likely that a good number of people in a crowd of that size would have Covid.

As it goes, the positive test figures for nearly all the wards around Altrincham are actually above the national average, which suggests the prevalance around Altrincham is actually higher than the 1 in every 160 national average. Either way, if the turnstiles were to open tomorrow, all indications are that there would probably be a good few people with Covid going through them.

That's just on current figures, of course. All the data is going in the right direction (in December the national rate was 1 in 50!) so there's no reason to think that things couldn't be looking a lot brighter by the tail end of the season.

I suppose it depends what you define as a good few people. Taking your figures at face value 1 in 160 would mean 8 people in the ground with Covid assuming they are well enough to walk to the turnstile. However, I would think that at least some of them would realise they had symptoms and stay away.

https://trafforddatalab.shinyapps.io/covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR1XV_JHLq2zb6Lm8WLEHbHvYH3SlrJZH1lpEtdDeZt2_y9lU9wecb3zEp0
Type in trafford and look at the map. I would suggest that Altrincham is below average and we'd be unlucky if there was more than a couple of people in the ground with Covid. That being the case I'd like to point out that there will also be people with Covid in the crowd next season and the season after. It's here to stay.

Indeed!
I'm in the highest infected area in Nth Ayrshire - with a whole 6 people and a grand total of 2 deaths WITH Covid in Scotland yesterday!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2021, 08:16:08 PM »

Indeed!
I'm in the highest infected area in Nth Ayrshire - with a whole 6 people and a grand total of 2 deaths WITH Covid in Scotland yesterday!

JD .. you believe what you want to believe, I get the impression that you think this is all a hoax.. I hope you don’t get infected,

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2021, 08:22:42 PM »

Indeed!

JD .. you believe what you want to believe, I get the impression that you think this is all a hoax.. I hope you don’t get infected,

Of course it is not a hoax, but when you have NHS staff tell you they are encouraged to put deaths down as covid (I know of 4 down as covid that their family tell me were not) and when you consider anything between 50 and 90% false positive rate on PCR tests (Raab said 93% false positives at airports) and the over 5 million who have not had cancer screenings and the multiple increase in mental health and suicides and so on and so on you have to say the cure is more dangerous than the illness.
One cost assessment has been carried our by a Prof Thomas at Bristol Uni - estimated premature deaths from lockdowns: over 500,000
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:25:34 PM by JD »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2021, 09:00:48 PM »

Isn't there some sort of Covid chat forum this could take place on instead of here? More than tedious now.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2021, 09:58:12 PM »

Isn't there some sort of Covid chat forum this could take place on instead of here? More than tedious now.

Careful, you'll be getting threads directed at you in all caps on this extremely normal football forum.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2021, 10:18:50 PM »

I think it is relevant to debate this. I have a few relatives who have succombed to Covid and have my fingers crossed for others but the dynamics are changing all the time. Discussion is healthy and I don't see anyone falling out although I do acknowledge the older you are the more reason to be anxious. Having said that there is evidence emerging that the vaccine is a game changer in multiple ways.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2021, 10:25:44 PM »

although I do acknowledge the older you are the more reason to be anxious.

I'm VERY anxious! 😉 😂😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2021, 11:19:14 PM »

That brought a smile but no hard feelings. Obviously you've got to analyse the situation from a personal situation.

We're all sh*t shovelling to some extent but in some cases the smell is stronger than others
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans at last game of season...