PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hartlepool Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hartlepool Match Thread  (Read 13455 times)

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hartlepool Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2021, 11:29:09 PM »

We definitely won the sideways passing competition.
Probably missed Hancock tonight.
Substitutions didn’t quite work.
Pity we didn’t test their goalkeeper after his howler.
We still need to solve the Striker position.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2021, 11:32:44 PM »

I always felt sorry for James. He tried hard, lost the ball and then squealed with anguish to draw attention to the fact. Usually followed by a dive in to win it back.

A few people have noticed that their keepwe didn't make a save but their defenders certainly did

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2021, 12:30:35 AM »

To be fair......our disappointment shows how far we have progressed under PP and NS with the current set up at the JDS / Moss Lane

A few seasons ago we were at Mickleover
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2021, 01:28:47 AM »

To be fair......our disappointment shows how far we have progressed under PP and NS with the current set up at the JDS / Moss Lane

A few seasons ago we were at Mickleover

Mick.  Exactly!  I couldn't agree more!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2021, 08:31:07 AM »

It's never a given against ten men, and it's clear they realised it was better to dig in for a point which is a credit to us.

A few of the lads did try to have a go from outside the box, but fair play they defended resolutely.

I agree about missing Hancock.

Says everything about this bizarre league that we would have shot back up to 6th if we'd nicked the winner.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2021, 10:03:39 AM »

It's never a given against ten men, and it's clear they realised it was better to dig in for a point which is a credit to us.

A few of the lads did try to have a go from outside the box, but fair play they defended resolutely.

I agree about missing Hancock.

Says everything about this bizarre league that we would have shot back up to 6th if we'd nicked the winner.

Summed it up well there Marple. Definitely missing Josh and No9, We had several good half chances to test the keeper 2nd half but we were poor in the final third plus some resolute defending.  Were progressing well, onwards and upwards.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2021, 10:27:44 AM »

I think we're doing fantastic, and better than I expected, but I also think that we've reached the peak of where we're likely to achieve without an out-and-out 'you-know-what' to put away the kind of chances we had last night.
We all know those kind of players are relatively few and far between and that the club have been trying to address the issue so this is not a criticism just a statement of fact.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2021, 12:46:58 PM »

Ceesay was poor, but after that thought everyone else was decent.

I'm afraid I am not convinced by Ceesay at this level at all. I liked his pace and threat in the league below, but he now just looks one dimensional with a (mostly) poor end product. I know he's had injury problems, but his pace isn't really the issue. His touch is shocking at times and his shooting ability leaves a lot to be desired. Having said that, I really do hope that he proves me wrong, but I don't see him as part of the long term plan based on what we've seen so far this season.
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2021, 12:49:27 PM »

Yet again, for the time he was on, Gibson was underwhelming.
Gave it away, passing poor, again ran down blind alleys with it

Mooney just had one of those first games back I think.

Whilst you always want your striker to score, if you look at what else we have going forward I reckon someone to hold it up, link the play and occupy the centre backs has enormous value.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2021, 03:02:27 PM »

Gibson's a bit of a funny one - clearly too good for the regional leagues but whether he's National or North standard, it was always worth taking a look - he clearly needs his confidence building back up, an early goal would do his confidence the world of good.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2021, 05:29:06 PM »

He was on the pitch for 20 minutes

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2021, 07:00:26 PM »

After about 10mins Hartlepool appeared to be in control and i would have taken a draw, but after they went down to 10men i thought we could have won it... Hartlepool played well with 10men but they seemed to gradually run out of steam in the 2nd half and in the last 20mins thought we were going to push on and sneak a win... however, never really got at their keeper...

Thought Zouma & Ogle were good again and seemed to have helped the defence look more stable... other areas of the pitch most played well/ok bar Mooney having an off day as sub and Ceesay having an average game...

Main issue continues to be striker 'problem'... all been said before, & agree it's hard to find a quality 20plus goalscorer midseason as all/most good ones will already be under contract elsewhere, however we need to solve this issue...

Parky & the Board have tried several options since Jordan left day before season started... Hancock has been tried but better behind striker, Peers also tried but more of player for bench to come on... also Mooney, Kosylo, Ceesay tried on occasions but they're better in other positions... then new faces like Clayton, McDonald, Adarbioyo, Harrison etc tried and not worked... presently have Piggott & Hardy who both need to get matchfit, then loanee Gibson getting injured last night... wonder who'll be next to be tried - hopefully Hardy &/or Piggott can get fit to last 90mins... the striker issue is main position to solve in the summer, if not before...

Roll on Aldershot game on Saturday... not sure who'll be up front, but hopefully we can get a win... COYR!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2021, 07:21:27 PM »

Hardy is not a 9 and his goals return is certainly not impressive. Surely Piggott should be on the bench in order to assist fitness (unless he is injured).
It's frightening to imagine how well we'd have done had we been able to get Hartlepool's number 9.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2021, 07:26:17 PM »

Yet again, for the time he was on, Gibson was underwhelming.
Gave it away, passing poor, again ran down blind alleys with it

Mooney just had one of those first games back I think.

Whilst you always want your striker to score, if you look at what else we have going forward I reckon someone to hold it up, link the play and occupy the centre backs has enormous value.

Not like he was on for long and has shown himself to trouble defenders in both the games he has played. Shame to dismiss him after so short a time.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2021, 07:51:03 PM »

Not seen enough of either Piggott (at this level) or Gibson to make I solid decision yet
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hartlepool Match Thread