PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Woking Away Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Woking Away Match Thread  (Read 15861 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Woking Away Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2021, 10:10:00 PM »

Surprising team news... Smith out with slight knock & Moult rotated to bench... Mullarkey & Williams fill in for Moult & Smith... Piggot starts & new striker Bell on bench...

Thought 1st half not much between teams, but Woking shaded it... 2nd half we had some opportunities but never looked like scoring til got injury time penalty for a draw...

Great saves by TT kept us in game, especially at end again... another silly Kosylo yellow means 10 yellow cards in league (11 in total) = two game ban... we go again on Sat at home to The Daggers - next two games at home are winable...

COYR!  keep the faith!!!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2021, 10:27:28 PM »

Mid field doesn't function without Smith very well, even less so without Moult as well.

Zuma and Colclough both below par.

Bell looked like the best so far.

Great save from Thompson at the death

Not sure if the ball crossed the line for their goal, think we one shot on target aside from the penalty.

2 long away trips in 4 days took its toll I feel.

Full time and proud of it

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2021, 10:34:04 PM »

Even the Woking commentators called it "No cutting edge".

Thompson should have stopped their goal but then kept us in the game multiple times.

Interesting commentary I thought. Same guy as did the Aldershot game on Saturday so about as impartial as you could get for an away game, and nice to hear someone that does his homework.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2021, 10:37:30 PM »

Commentary was quite good for radio listeners who were clearly his audience and from the wrong side of the ground. For the most expensive stream of the season you’d expect them to be able to provide a commentary that actually matched the picture rather than far side being near side etc

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2021, 10:49:24 PM »

We got away with that.
Strange team selection.
Great pen by Hancock, great save by Thompson.
The continual changes don’t help.
Hopefully we have a CF (little heavier than I remember at Halifax).
Maybe we can settle on a team selection.

Oh and Kosylo is a liability.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2021, 10:51:19 PM »

Scrappy game marred by some awful passing that frequently lacked accuracy or cohesion.  Thought Willo looked sharp considering his prolonged absence but there weren’t many positives to take from the first half.  Introduction of Ceesay and Bell improved things, as prior to that only Colclough looked like scoring.  Fair play to Hancock for putting away a cracking penalty in the final minutes and a draw was just about fair considering.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2021, 11:08:30 PM »

I was surprised to see the team line up, but we just about deserved a draw, despite playing more poorly than Saturday, in an uninspiring match. I am sure two long journeys in four days will have taken their toll.

It's a pity that once again, we had to come from behind; if Joe Piggott had converted that early chance, the game could have been very different. On a positive note, the substitutes all did well, and Nyal Bell looks a much improved player from five years ago.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2021, 09:09:15 AM »

I agree Nyal Bell looked promising - nice to actually sign a fit striker (famous last words).

Zouma was a mess in that first half.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2021, 09:15:54 AM »

When streamed through phone or lap top picture was ok, if not a little distant. put through tv and it stuttered like crazy, unwatchable. £12 was steep.

On the game, with so many changes we struggled first half, was it a goal, I couldn't tell. Thommo made a couple of decent saves first half. Joe should have scored or at least worked the keeper. Did nothing after that. Hardly surprising after being out for nearly 2 years.

Second half we improved when Moult and Bell came on. Ryan didn't have the accuracy last night on shooting. Glad Josh was on for the penalty. Good save from Thommo at the end.

I wonder if Parky is looking at players now for next season, hence giving Joe a start, Sean a good run out etc.

Whats happened to Ringo?? His energy would be good on Saturday for the suspended Kosylo. Take a point as we never gave up.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2021, 09:18:36 AM »

Yes. Was a bit surprised that Ringo didn't start when Jake was given a rest.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2021, 09:23:55 AM »

It's a good point - maybe Parky's putting certain players on trial now for the rest of the season, and they're essentially playing for their deals (if they want them). We all know the likes of Moult / Smith will be here, unless poached.

Although that would mean he might have already made his mind up on a few (Sutton, White, Ringo?)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2021, 09:27:18 AM »

Ringo is still in the first year of a two year contract isn't he? Think White might be too.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2021, 09:41:21 AM »

White and Sutton and I think Richman have been bombed no doubt. If we could loan them out we would. Densmore and Fis injured but their future must be a grey area. No idea what Gould is up to, feel for him as he's not done anything wrong.

As for the above (& a couple who still make the match day squad) who are  on 1st year of a 2 year deal I wonder what our plan is
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 12:51:04 PM by robininstockport »
Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2021, 11:39:42 AM »

Clubs and players can always agree to cancel contracts if they want to go to another club.James Hardy being a recent example

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2021, 01:55:13 PM »

The to-ing and fro-ing of players is always going to generate mixed opinions on the merits of the incomers compered to the talent already at the club.  The last two games have convinced me that featuring in the play-offs this season will be an (un)expected bonus, and we should focus our attention on securing the best squad possible.  Of those that have arrived recently, I think Smith is some way the best acquisition we've made; Ceesay, Kos and Senior are all established too, while Piggott and the other striker still need to grow into the team and I think that Bell may prove to be better than either of them.  I'd be hesitant to move on Ringo and Dens, as I think they are still able to offer plenty, even if they may no longer be guaranteed a start, simply put, are they any worse than the players that have been brought in? Competition for places is healthy certainly, but Parky will be mindful of the need to slim things down a bit before too long.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Woking Away Match Thread