Author Topic: Big  (Read 11538 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Big
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2021, 06:53:50 PM »

I'm not clear.
What exactly is in it for us as a club?
Are they giving us sponsorship money? There doesn't seem to be any explanation of the benefits apart from being associated with a big company.
Am I missing something?

You're missing quite a few things, I'd say, all of which are made clear in the article on the official website. It will increase revenue, it's prestigious and the players will benefit from the superior quality of the shirts themselves. This is fantastic news and so manifestly in the best interests of the football club we all support that I'm bemused anybody would fail to welcome it.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2021, 07:18:16 PM »

I'm not clear.
Are they giving us sponsorship money? There doesn't seem to be any explanation of the benefits apart from being associated with a big company.
Am I missing something?

I suspect we will sell more replica gear with Puma on it than, with the best will in the world, SK Sports and of course there is a higher profile and the kudos being attached to a top brand.

The devil will be in the detail (which I doubt we will see) financially but there will be probably be the trade off between what cost there is - if any - for us getting the team kit and how the income is split between Puma and us for the sale of replicas.

Puma teamwear, incidentally, are in Wythenshawe so nice to see a local connection also.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2021, 07:21:59 PM »

I'm not clear.
Am I missing something?

You're missing quite a few things, I'd say, all of which are made clear in the article on the official website. It will increase revenue, it's prestigious and the players will benefit from the superior quality of the shirts themselves. This is fantastic news and so manifestly in the best interests of the football club we all support that I'm bemused anybody would fail to welcome it.

Well that's telling me! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2021, 08:34:04 PM »

I'm not clear.
Am I missing something?

I suspect we will sell more replica gear with Puma on it than, with the best will in the world, SK Sports and of course there is a higher profile and the kudos being attached to a top brand.

The devil will be in the detail (which I doubt we will see) financially but there will be probably be the trade off between what cost there is - if any - for us getting the team kit and how the income is split between Puma and us for the sale of replicas.

Puma teamwear, incidentally, are in Wythenshawe so nice to see a local connection also.

Thanks Bob.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2021, 09:20:54 PM »

I'm not clear.
Am I missing something?

Well that's telling me! 😉

Apart from the players comfort I can't see how we benefit. Puma won't be marketing them, we will. We'll sell more or less the same quantities. Why would somebody buy an Alty top if they weren't a fan. A fan wants an Alty top because it's an Alty top, be it by Puma or anybody else.

Oh well, I'm happy to let this float merrily by, the club are very pleased with the deal, so that's good enough for me.

Time for a Guinness.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2021, 10:57:07 PM »

Also bear in mind the deal is a four year one, Puma are also therefore buying into our future plans for the club, with a long association in the contract.

Alex my younger son works in marketing, and he reckons this is a massive deal for the club. You won't get to know the financial aspects though, that's between the club and Puma.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2021, 10:00:50 AM »

i do not see how signing a shirt deal relates to Big times beckoning,unless we are getting some cash from it.
Harold

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2021, 10:02:33 AM »

i do not see how signing a shirt deal relates to Big times beckoning,unless we are getting some cash from it.

I think that was what I was getting at.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2021, 10:03:12 AM »

ah right
Harold

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2021, 10:11:17 AM »

It was someone else who took me to task about it 🙄😏

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2021, 11:03:46 AM »

Surely it's healthy for the club to be examining it's commercial activity and making sure we are getting the best deal on our kit supply. Change for the sake of change can be harmful but refusing to look at our options is just as bad.

altering um

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2021, 07:01:00 PM »

Good to see on Alty website that SKKits will still be involved at the club going forward in some capacity... Ian Senior & his business have been great supporters of Alty for over a decade.

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/still-a-role-at-alty-for-skkits
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2021, 07:22:55 PM »

Good to see on Alty website that SKKits will still be involved at the club going forward in some capacity... Ian Senior & his business have been great supporters of Alty for over a decade.

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/still-a-role-at-alty-for-skkits
+1.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2021, 07:26:47 PM »

+2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big