Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Big  (Read 12185 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Big
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2021, 08:15:22 PM »

+3

I have dealt with Ian a couple of times buying Alty merch, and he's a lovely chap to deal with, so I am happy he will still be within the club.

However, this is a really forward thinking statement of intent from the club and I am sure it will raise our profile further.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2021, 10:47:11 PM »

+3

I have dealt with Ian a couple of times buying Alty merch, and he's a lovely chap to deal with, so I am happy he will still be within the club.

However, this is a really forward thinking statement of intent from the club and I am sure it will raise our profile further.
Really? In what way?
Presumably you'd think the same if Dawn was binned and replaced by McDonalds?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2021, 10:50:20 PM »

+3

Really? In what way?

WTF!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2021, 10:55:43 PM »

No seriously, why would Puma taking over make any difference? There won't be any more kits sold because they are Puma rather than SK. There will probably be fewer because they will increase in price.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2021, 11:08:07 PM »

Lets just go back to the Unibond!

Do ppl really think that our board would make moves like this on a whim? Especially considering the talent that has been added to the board recently?

maybe at the next Q&A ppl might like to ask the board instead of just putting such negativity on here.
yes, we have the right to question things, but maybe better with the full facts.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2021, 11:18:22 PM »

This thread has been both entertaining and horrifying in equal measure. I'll keep my thoughts to myself but people need to consider that this decision will have taken months and the board will have considered several options in detail. I can see why fans have respect for SK kits, and the respect shown by the club to SK is commendable. I am glad to see that there will still be a business relationship with SK, as highlighted by many already.

I will state one opinion however: we will 100% sell much more Puma merchandise than we would have if we had continued with SK.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2021, 11:29:19 PM »

No seriously, why would Puma taking over make any difference? There won't be any more kits sold because they are Puma rather than SK. There will probably be fewer because they will increase in price.

If you can’t see why internationally renowned sporting giant Puma making our kit is a good thing for the club, will really appeal a lot more to the younger element of our fan base and will almost certainly generate a lot more revenue for us then the SK Kits deal there isn’t much point in engaging. The club is changing and professionalising and frankly I’m all for it but I see some fear these overdue and necessary changes.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2021, 11:49:14 PM »

I'm not saying it's a bad thing but I don't see it as a good thing either.

It might result in more sales if Puma up the advertising of the kit but advertising costs money so expect prices to increase.  Fools and their money are easily parted I grant you.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2021, 08:07:01 AM »

one of my old pairs of running shoes is made by puma
Harold

andrewflynn

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2021, 08:51:35 AM »

If you can’t see why internationally renowned sporting giant Puma making our kit is a good thing for the club, will really appeal a lot more to the younger element of our fan base and will almost certainly generate a lot more revenue for us then the SK Kits deal there isn’t much point in engaging. The club is changing and professionalising and frankly I’m all for it but I see some fear these overdue and necessary changes.

+1

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2021, 10:36:53 AM »

+3

Really? In what way?

Apologies for repeating myself on this thread but a kit supplier is exactly that, a supplier. Not a single football club I can think of in history has kept the same brand. Just as a kit manufacturer can gain a club, it can lose one too and SK Kits are not immune from this; I am sure they will replace other suppliers at other clubs in future. As very good a job as SK Kits has done for us they appear to have done well to from the relationship also.

It's business at the end of the day and comparing an external supplier in a competitive market to volunteers at the snack bar is nonsense. I trust the club to have done their homework on this, interesting link below too.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.pumateamwear.com?utm_medium=trustbox&utm_source=Mini

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2021, 03:05:58 AM »

What an exciting update, can't wait to see what the new kits look like.

A huge thank you to Ian and SK Kits - the rainbow kit will remain iconic and a marker of the forward-thinking nature of the club.

That was political wasn't it? Masks as well for that matter. Ironically, I seem to remember a controversy concerning Puma, the Jamaica Olympic team and a certain rapper... among other things.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2021, 10:19:05 AM »

John Coyne's programme notes mention that the Puma deal will 'substantially increase margin on replica sales without having to increase the price we sell to supporters'. So even if we don't sell more replica shirts (which we will) as a result of this deal, the club will make more money from the ones it does sell. I hope that helps people still struggling to understand why this is good news.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 10:38:59 AM by Leon »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2021, 10:37:27 AM »

Judging by the state of this thread, you'd be forgiven for thinking half the fanbase would rather Rowley was still in charge of everything.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2021, 10:40:53 AM »

What an exciting update, can't wait to see what the new kits look like.

A huge thank you to Ian and SK Kits - the rainbow kit will remain iconic and a marker of the forward-thinking nature of the club.

That was political wasn't it? Masks as well for that matter. Ironically, I seem to remember a controversy concerning Puma, the Jamaica Olympic team and a certain rapper... among other things.

It was about solidarity. We replaced our red and white stripes with rainbow to showcase everyone is welcome at JDS.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big