News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 KGR POD 03

Author Topic: KGR POD 03  (Read 4979 times)

KingsOfTheGolfRoad

KGR POD 03
« on: March 23, 2021, 02:28:40 PM »

Podcast 03 is here! This week we discuss:

😬 What’s going wrong at the moment?
🐆 Moving to Puma from SK Kits.
❤️ Trouble at games in the past, and being the best behaved supporter in the land.

For a good bit of listening in the build up to tonight's game, why not give it a try: https://soundcloud.com/kingsofthegolfroad/podcast-3-scraps-and-scrapes

kgr-4" border="0

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: KGR POD 03
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 11:18:17 AM »

Good listen let's hope  not attracting any local fighters continues.It does help being quite a middle class town.Any local footy thugs and they did exist at least in the 80s would be City or United.They did turn out occasionally at Alty though .

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 02:21:46 PM »

Port Vale caused grim scenes on the Golf Road years ago. Yeah, wise to move on from the pub if that set of trogs turn up.

Good to hear Alty being talked about, even if I don't agree.

Thanks.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 04:13:57 PM »

Bishop Auckland in 1996 wasn't pretty
@AltyDaz

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 04:16:58 PM »

It's not too brilliant now actually.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 04:37:16 PM »

Awful as was Wigan in 87 but that was outside the ground and in the town centre

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 07:26:37 PM »

Port Vale caused grim scenes on the Golf Road years ago.
From memory, the Golf Road terrace was full of Port Vale fans, despite the match being segregated. At some point during the game, half of Greater Manchester Police turned up and lined the length of the terrace, separating the two sets of fans. At 0-3 up, the Port Vale fans were delirious and singing "let's all have a disco", which seemed a bit unnecessary given we were non league opposition and they were in our home end. When Alty pulled one back, the spontaneous chant from the back of the Golf Road end was "F*** off with your discos”. It was during this chant, while jubilantly jumping up and down behind the safety of a wall of Constables, that the Port Vale fans turned round in unison and my 13 year old face met a flying Port Vale fist. First and only time I've actually been punched at a non league game.

https://youtu.be/m1_f1z56QiI
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 07:34:08 PM »

Thought for a mo the Youtube clip might be of the punch!

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 08:25:27 PM »

;D
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2021, 09:59:06 AM »

Port Vale caused grim scenes on the Golf Road years ago.
From memory, the Golf Road terrace was full of Port Vale fans, despite the match being segregated. At some point during the game, half of Greater Manchester Police turned up and lined the length of the terrace, separating the two sets of fans. At 0-3 up, the Port Vale fans were delirious and singing "let's all have a disco", which seemed a bit unnecessary given we were non league opposition and they were in our home end. When Alty pulled one back, the spontaneous chant from the back of the Golf Road end was "F*** off with your discos”. It was during this chant, while jubilantly jumping up and down behind the safety of a wall of Constables, that the Port Vale fans turned round in unison and my 13 year old face met a flying Port Vale fist. First and only time I've actually been punched at a non league game.

https://youtu.be/m1_f1z56QiI

That was a very good Port Vale side but I had forgotten just how poor Joe Paladino was that day.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 04:46:12 PM »

Enjoyed that lads-you timed that well too just before an upswing in form for us. Interesting debate on the rotation & all the ins and outs. I thought last night with the Pig, Hardy, Colclough & Hancock that worked superbly & with Ceesay, Kosylo & Bell that should serve us very well for the last 10 games. The Tom Peers debate has been done to death now, unfortunately his two poor decisions when in good positions at Maidenhead last night reinforce the points. I’d be surprised if he was still with us come next season.

Agreed with your sentiments on the kit completely, nothing further to add there!

The mither memories very interesting. Oxford United away IIRC it was actually kids from the local estate mixed in with the odd FUMING home fan after we got away with one of the jammiest 1-1 draws all of time, peak Heathcote. The fact the ground a million miles from town didn’t help that day either. Hednesford away under Sinnott too, recall we’d had a full day on the ales in Brum first & some amusing verbals with the locals behind the goal, we went in their bar afterwards though so all was well. Finally Millwall at home, most overhyped game of all time. I’ve seen Evostik teams bring more than they did that day. Our train from London dry on BTP orders so we got around by Jimmy Hill carrying a copy of the Guardian under his arm & a load of beers in his rucksack as he didn’t look the type.

My minor critique would be an hour is a bit too long but really enjoyed it, cheers.

PS-bloody Covid, would be great to make all these points in person over a pint in a boozer in some M25 dormitory town, next season....
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 05:04:22 PM by Sarf London Alty »

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 05:34:04 PM »

Hi lads, noticed u did a 4th podcast on May 3rd (KGR 04) headed Full Time Phil and about the season decline, 3yrs of Parky, & getting back on the terraces...

Unfortunately, missed this one... is it available to listen to anywhere for people who may have missed out like me?
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 06:13:26 PM »

Hi lads, noticed u did a 4th podcast on May 3rd (KGR 04) headed Full Time Phil and about the season decline, 3yrs of Parky, & getting back on the terraces...

Unfortunately, missed this one... is it available to listen to anywhere for people who may have missed out like me?

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1772407/8449007
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 06:18:45 PM »

Cheers... much appreciated... 👍
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 06:22:13 PM »

Cheers... much appreciated... 👍

I'd literally just finished listening to it.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 KGR POD 03