PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Match thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Yeovil Match thread  (Read 8402 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Yeovil Match thread
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2021, 04:40:03 PM »

i would suggest that by that stage of the season it's just a case of both teams ticking off the games, so it really doesn't matter if there is some advantage to Altrincham having 600 fans there.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2021, 05:04:36 PM »

Any club complaining about fans being at a game would be making a PR error.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2021, 11:00:39 PM »

Yes very bizarre all these new stewards

Actually, it was us who were due to play Macclesfield on 22nd May, while Yeovil were down to play Dover, but the same principle applies.

As I have discussed offline, although it might seem unfair  to some that we get two home games with fans allowed at the end of the season, other clubs have already have fans present mid-season, so I see no reason why we can't, as it is after the government's step when fans are allowed at elite matches.
just buy a high vis jacket and become a steward and watch every game
more about now than when we played Chester at home 👀😂😭
ParkINson's red and white army

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2021, 08:30:40 AM »

Actually, it was us who were due to play Macclesfield on 22nd May, while Yeovil were down to play Dover, but the same principle applies.

As I have discussed offline, although it might seem unfair  to some that we get two home games with fans allowed at the end of the season, other clubs have already have fans present mid-season, so I see no reason why we can't, as it is after the government's step when fans are allowed at elite matches.
Do you need more stewards for a game behind closed doors or less? Just asking.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2021, 08:48:35 AM »

All those doors to keep closed. Terrible sorry so I think more.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2021, 04:25:48 PM »

Yes as each area of the ground would have been split into different zones and need monitoring i:e Main stand is a red zone for players and officials only. If you look closely at the Golf road end it seems to have barriers around the flags and on one of he last TV matches you saw and heard the stewards moving people from behind them.
@AltyDaz

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2021, 06:16:36 PM »

Yes as each area of the ground would have been split into different zones and need monitoring i:e Main stand is a red zone for players and officials only. If you look closely at the Golf road end it seems to have barriers around the flags and on one of he last TV matches you saw and heard the stewards moving people from behind them.
That being the case I would imagine if we play a game this season with say 600 home fans in attendance, the stewarding requirements would have to be somewhat swelled in order to implement whatever protocols are in place.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2021, 05:43:31 PM »

Think playing on May 22nd would be ideal as like stated above both teams have weekend free (us meant to play Macc, them meant to play Dover), plus playing on a Sat would be better for Yeovil for travel reasons as opposed to a midweek eve match with late return home...

Yes, we would benefit from fans (even if just nominal amount like say 600) as after govt's May17 date... this may however be a reason Yeovil may not want that date as may think we'll have an advantage if fans present (as probably just home fans)... however, the advantages of a Saturday date mean this possibility looks a realistic way forward...

Lets hope it does happen and we get two games at end of season with fans (play Torquay May29)... fingers crossed!
I heard one of the Kings Lynn commentary team refer to the 30 day rule when postponed games are to be rearranged. I hope the FA can have a strong word with themselves and allow the Alty v Yeovil game to be played on 22 May, assuming both clubs are in agreement.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2021, 05:41:09 AM »

more about now than when we played Chester at home 👀😂😭

Wayno, give us a song, Wayno, Wayno, give us a song!

And let's loan some of the ground to be used as "gardens", like at Marine (v Spurs) - and let's get someone to put a shed half way up one of those houses behind the Chequers End while we're at it! ;)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Match thread