PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kings Lynn AWAY Match Thread - EASTER MON
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Kings Lynn AWAY Match Thread - EASTER MON  (Read 13364 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kings Lynn AWAY Match Thread - EASTER MON
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2021, 06:41:08 PM »

There is one positive. It is becoming more difficult for Phil to ignore the fact that some of our 'strikers' couldn't hit a barn door.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2021, 06:42:47 PM »

Well that was a poor result that probably ends our hopes of sneaking into the playoffs as we're 6pts adrift of these spots having played more games than others, being unable to get a run going, plus running out of games... looks like we'll end midtable which guess we would have taken before start of the season in our 1st season back and also as part timers...

As for the game itself, thought we were ok-ish in the 1st half without actually troubling their goal... the game turned in the 2nd half in Kings Lynn's favour with the arrival of subs King & Gash... we missed Smith throughout as he's the heartbeat of the team and probably many's Player of the Season...

Guess we hit the bar & had a goal ruled out for offside, but any opportunities we create seem to fall flat in the last 3rd with no-one being able to convert chances - a problem all season... the last 20mins had it all for Kings Lynn - two pens (one save & one scored) plus another goal for a 2-0 win...

I look forward to next Sat to see how we bounce back v Halifax at home, but still have questions despite also still keeping faith with Parky... i'm sure in the close season we will hopefully address our striker issue plus have Piggott getting fitter with each game as an alternative but i do wonder why we keep purservering with Peers and not giving Bell a run out (even as sub) - why bothering bringing him in on loan if not giving him a chance to show if he is the potential answer to our striker conundrum... it will be interesting to see how we address the striker options in the summer... we go again on Sat... COYR!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2021, 06:49:41 PM »

Well, that was all rather abject.

King's Lynn's substitutes Gash and the impressive King completely transformed the game in their favour, whilst all we had to offer was the ineffective Ceesay and the blunt Peers, who once again demonstrated that he is playing above his natural level.

I'm perplexed as to exactly why we have signed Bell if we are not going to give him a chance to prove his potential worth. Piggott labours away but shows no sign of locating the back of the net.

Smith was a huge miss, as Williams just doesn't come up to his standards and it results in our attacking options being diminished.

It was also unusual to see the same player (Mullarkey) give away two penalties in the same half.

I presume that King's Lynn ask you to pay the premium price of £12 to stream their games because you then get the insight of their chairman Stephen Cleeve as the co-commentator? To be fair to him, he was OK though.

I now look forward to Bill Waterson's debut as a pundit on Alty TV next Saturday....

Agree with the above.

Hardy was arguably our best player when he was subbed. Should have put him into the No.10 role and Ceesay out left for some pace.

Smith is huge for us and first name on the team sheet. We are missing Kossy's direct play, he gets us onto counter attacks. Maybe have a front 4 of Colclough, Kossy, Hardy and Piggott for a game or two. Hanks has played a lot of games this season.

Malarkey is a decent player but we need another CB for next season. Not necessarily to replace Toby but to push him. Full of mistakes today.

Piggott will come good but we do need a proven goalscorer next season, it is priority.

Peers shouldn't be our first choice sub at this level. It is just crazy.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2021, 07:02:46 PM »

Thought the stream was OK albeit a bit pricey at £12, we've certainly served up far worse streams at times this season. Didn't mind their commentators, not sure about the Ceesay Ceesay references mind.

Quite a close game decided by defensive gaffes and wild shooting from us. Not sure who tried to dribble it / dithered in their own six yard box for their first goal but that was poor, don't blame Tony T for going spare at that. Plus Mullarkey gave them 2 pens as well. Felt a bit sorry for Tony T today who didn't do much wrong. Too many outfield players below par though and we got worse as the game went on.

Obviously hope Smith and Kosylo back on Saturday, would like to see Zouma at CB and Bell on up front.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2021, 07:55:00 PM »

With 15 to go I was convinced it was going to be 0 - 0.

Disappointing afternoon really.

andrewflynn

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2021, 08:12:01 PM »

I really like Williams and he has a role to play in this squad but him and Moult alongside each other does not work for me. Never has. It has to be Moult or Williams depending on the opposition + a forward running lad with energy and legs, or we end up in a situation like we did today with two players who want to sit on the half way line fizzing it about. It's easy to play against and they clearly learned a lot from the reverse fixture so fair play to them. There's a reason we're consistently better with an Ali Smith or Josh Lundstram in the side.

No penetration, no urgency and nothing for an inexperienced KL defence to deal with unless Colclough tried to do it all himself.

It's not going to take away from a solid first season back at this level but the pain points are obvious.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2021, 08:43:56 AM »

Going to look at the positives, we know where we need to strengthen.

Agree with the point about Bell, he's scored goals more recently than Piggott at this level, why not reverse their roles?

Someone like Billy Sass-Davies needs to be a priority if Crewe end up letting him go.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2021, 08:46:11 AM »

Think all the previous comments sum it up, my bullet points would be;

1; Pitch was awful, so bobbly
2; Stream was steady and focused but he camera work was poor overall.
3; Overall we were poor, we should have scored early on when 1 v 1 with keeper, Colclough hit the bar. Other than the offside given goal we never threatened.
4; Shot ourselves in the foot defensively for there goals. My old saying of if you put the ball in row Z, they ain't going to score still rings true when defending.
5; Our issues are plain to see still, I'm sure the management team do as well. Lets hope we sort those areas out for next season.
6; Overall were doing really well this season, been some good memories, but this game wasn't one.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2021, 09:05:48 AM »

Parkinson stubbornness is killing us.

Williams hasn't worked and just isn't up to the top 10 at this level. Piggott hasn't really had a sniff at goal (he's barely in the box), and his insistence on Peers at All costs (we've got a winger coming on for a striker and a striker for a winger).

Start Bell for 2/3 games in a row and spend his evening trying to tempt a big name goalscorer. Only way for us to kick on.

Month 7 without a proven goalscorer upfront.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 09:08:28 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2021, 09:33:12 AM »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2021, 09:45:26 AM »

With nothing whatsoever to play for, why doesn't PP experiment with some different formations? Perhaps try Bell and Piggott as a front two?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2021, 12:35:05 PM »

I think it's clear to everyone that we're not going to be able to get a millennium-high end of season position unless we're very very lucky indeed.
But the main thing is that we've improved year on year and we'd have been more than happy with our present position. With a few exceptions we've been very competitive.
We all (including the management team) know where we need to improve but we've got to stay working within our means and trust PP and co to come through. I'm convinced they will
I believe everyone on here has the best interests of Alty at heart and I'm heartened that virtually all 'criticism' is well meant and constructive. I'd hate PP to read the forum and think we weren't behind him. We all are, and we need to recognise how great we're doing against some big outfits.
At the very least we'll finish highest of the four promoted teams and that's good in itself. To finish in the top half, which could still happen, was beyond my wildest dreams at the start of the season.

Come on you Supers!!!!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2021, 11:27:37 AM »

Well, that was all rather abject.

King's Lynn's substitutes Gash and the impressive King completely transformed the game in their favour, whilst all we had to offer was the ineffective Ceesay and the blunt Peers, who once again demonstrated that he is playing above his natural level.

I'm perplexed as to exactly why we have signed Bell if we are not going to give him a chance to prove his potential worth. Piggott labours away but shows no sign of locating the back of the net.

Smith was a huge miss, as Williams just doesn't come up to his standards and it results in our attacking options being diminished.

It was also unusual to see the same player (Mullarkey) give away two penalties in the same half.

I presume that King's Lynn ask you to pay the premium price of £12 to stream their games because you then get the insight of their chairman Stephen Cleeve as the co-commentator? To be fair to him, he was OK though.

I now look forward to Bill Waterson's debut as a pundit on Alty TV next Saturday....

Agree with the above.

Hardy was arguably our best player when he was subbed. Should have put him into the No.10 role and Ceesay out left for some pace.

Smith is huge for us and first name on the team sheet. We are missing Kossy's direct play, he gets us onto counter attacks. Maybe have a front 4 of Colclough, Kossy, Hardy and Piggott for a game or two. Hanks has played a lot of games this season.

Malarkey is a decent player but we need another CB for next season. Not necessarily to replace Toby but to push him. Full of mistakes today.

Piggott will come good but we do need a proven goalscorer next season, it is priority.

Peers shouldn't be our first choice sub at this level. It is just crazy.

On what basis? I'd be more convinced Bell coming good (goals for Stockport and Halifax) vs Piggott whose goals were boosted by Curzon being appalling that day.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2021, 12:31:32 PM »

Must say too I'm a bit surprised that Sutton hasn't been used more in matches where his nous would have come in handy. Haven't heard that he's on the injury list. Is he still with us and available and simply out of favour?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2021, 01:36:45 PM »

I would like to see Sutton back in the team. I think he has been suffering from injuries for most of the season unfortunately.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kings Lynn AWAY Match Thread - EASTER MON