News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Test Events?

Author Topic: Test Events?  (Read 3532 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
Test Events?
« on: April 04, 2021, 10:23:38 AM »

We all want to get back to Moss Lane to watch some Alty footy as soon as we can, when safe & rules allow... we all miss the matchday experience of catching up with mates and watching the lads... plus will also help with mental health getting outdoors & doing something we enjoy...

There is light at the end of the tunnel as Covid cases/deaths drop, vaccine distribution increases, and BoJo's roadmap out of lockdown gradually opening up the country towards a new form of 'normality'... it may take longer that the June21st planned date (and some may not feel safe til next year) plus we may always have to live with some form of Covid (like winter flu) going forward... however, things do look brighter...

If all goes to plan footy & other sporting/social events are meant to open up to fans from May17th... i know we all hope that some of us can get to Alty's last game v Torquay on May 29th (plus possibly a Yeovil resheduled game on May 22nd) but was wondering if the club plans any 'Test Events' in April or early May if safe & if Trafford BC allow? Know Bill alluded to this possibilty in his matchday programme notes a few games back...

Today the govt has announced 9 Test Events with various attendance numbers, including one FACup semi with 4000 fans, League Cup Final with 8000 fans, and FACup Final with possibly 21000 fans... was wondering if any of our games before May17th maybe used as a similar 'Test Event' with say nominal crowd of maybe 400-600 at first (or whatever realistic as starting point) or even a non-football event at Moss Lane eg Annual Beer Festival or a Family Fun Day maybe around May Bank Holiday at start of May? Not sure how would pick who could attend (and some may still feel unsafe to do so) but maybe Season Ticket Holders & Patron Scheme members as think Bill previously alluded to...

Know safety will priority in any events going forward (plus Trafford also giving an official ok) but was wondering if the Club had any 'events' or games earmarked as trials before the May17th official date (if not pushed back)?  Guess lot of planning required as to whether people had vaccines, temperature tests on arrival, set walkway routes around stadium, maybe wearing masks even though outside, etc...

Just hopeful of seeing Alty (and friends) before the season ends... fingers crossed... that light at the tunnel end is getting closer... we need to ensure we head towards in a safe manner & at the correct pace as the world heads towards it's new form of 'normality'...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 10:34:19 AM by Inter Alty! »
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Test Events?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 08:01:08 PM »

Apropos of testy vents, in county cricket there will be possibly only even just one county able to hold test events as they want to study a selection of sports or levels, so there may be just one National league test event.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 08:04:52 PM »

Apropos of testy vents, in county cricket there will be possibly only even just one county able to hold test events as they want to study a selection of sports or levels, so there may be just one National league test event.

Hopefully the data gathered at last year's attended county games can be used too. I have mates with very high hopes of getting to the test match this summer. I'm fairly confident but no more than 20%-25% capacity.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 08:08:37 PM »

Hopefully the data gathered at last year's attended county games can be used too. I have mates with very high hopes of getting to the test match this summer. I'm fairly confident but no more than 20%-25% capacity.

I was listening to the commentary of Notts CCC and they are hoping for full attendance for games later in the season. The test v India is almost sold out, but I don't think it is for their full capacity.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 08:16:14 PM »

I was listening to the commentary of Notts CCC and they are hoping for full attendance for games later in the season. The test v India is almost sold out, but I don't think it is for their full capacity.

My friends hope to get to Headingley. I love my county cricket, I can't see how a few hundred rattling round Old Trafford can be beyond us.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 08:18:26 PM »

My friends hope to get to Headingley. I love my county cricket, I can't see how a few hundred rattling round Old Trafford can be beyond us.

Totally agree!

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 07:17:29 PM »

It was good to get an email update from Bill (on behalf of the Board) in last 24hrs that apparently went to all 329 Seas Ticket holders... the email was mainly to thank Season Tic holders for their commitment which was a nice touch...

As a bonus it also advised us Season Tic holders can see a special interview with Parky, Sorvs, & Bill as they field questions from Brian Flynn & John Edwards on Friday eve from 8pm... this 30min treat will then be available for all to see as part of Saturday's home game stream v Halifax...

The email also mentions an update about fans... at present the Board hopes to have 1100 capacity for the Torquay game on May 29th subject to Trafford BC approval with the 329 Season Ticket holders getting 1st refusal on tickets (i assumed followed by Patrons, etc; as mentioned in previous messages)... the Board also hopes to still have a Test event (game) at end of April or early May but this is a 'long shot' at present... anyway, great to hear we are planning for some fans for at least the last game of the season... COYR!
Really looking forward to getting back to Moss Lane... :)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 08:43:48 PM »

Ditto. And thanks for the email Bill. It's things like this that make me chuffed to be a season ticket holder. Same prices for next season and you can book myself and Mrs S in for season tickets again!
Really looking forward to seeing the lads in the flesh at the end of the season and standing you a pint in the bar as previously promised! 😉 😄😄
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 12:34:52 AM »

Thanks for sharing this information Inter, I'm not a season ticket holder presently purely because I don't live close enough, but I am a patron and shirt sponsor so here is hoping that I would be in with a chance for a ticket for that game also!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 06:48:32 AM »

Not being funny, but I thought the Altrincham fc ladies team game earlier this season was supposed to be a test event. How much can actually be learnt that wasn't learnt then? Just asking, like.

As I pointed out elsewhere, there was a packed stadium (over 38,000) for a baseball game in Texas ( in the "United States of America") last weekend, and I for one will be looking to see what happens in Texas compared to other states in the coming weeks, though whether the authorities will be paying any attention I don't know.

(I dare say "London" Alty will object to me posting this here. Hmm...)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 07:12:44 AM »

Hi Freddie, i'm sure you will be eligible for a ticket for Torquay match (if Trafford MBC permits fans)... if you look at the figures the club will look to reward those who financially committed to the club initially... these will include 1stly Season Tic holders of which there are 329 (Bill mentioned was 327 but 2 new bods had become Seas Tic holders in the last month)... then, from previous club messages, would next look to reward Patrons (of which on last match programme there were 295)... then people who have given monies via other means eg sponsoring players, buying shares, giving money to last summer's collections to help keep club going, monthly draws, etc...

Hence, you will be safe, as all Season Tic holders = 329 & all Patrons 295 ie total = 624... HOWEVER bearing in mind some STic holders are also Patrons (like myself) they'll be some in each category (plus some who maybe eligible but not want to risk going yet due to Covid/health concerns)... hence you should defo be eligible for one of the 1100 tickets going by what previously stated & even allowing for stewards, directors, players who go presently... in fact, i reckon, maybe approx 400 tics will be left for fans who may not have been able to support the club financially due to their own financial issues...

Hence Freddie you should be ok for a ticket... as for Hugh - we're looking at 1100 which is far less than 38,000 plus most would be stood (not sat) so far safer & easier for social distancing, Covid protocols, etc, plus it will be the individual's choice whether they wish to go or not...

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 11:00:42 AM »

Hugh to answer your specific point on test events, one of the things we will be testing will be the management of "North Entrance" and "South Entrance" for fans - the ground effectively being divided in two, each with its own capacity.  Circulation around the ground will be limited.  There are other limitations and restrictions that would be imposed as part of the reopening of stadia; some national, some applying to Greater Manchester as a whole and some specific to Trafford Borough Council.  Some of them are brand new - hence the need to test the venue
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Test Events?