PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Match Thread - this Saturday
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Halifax Match Thread - this Saturday  (Read 8624 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax Match Thread - this Saturday
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2021, 05:22:58 PM »

Another poor game... i would like the club to update fans on injuries... we obviously know Adarbioyo has been out most of the season and White out rest of season... plus assume Gibson loan not renewed due to injury, but where are the following players who don't even make the bench ie Hampson, Dens, Sutton, Zouma, Smith, Mooney, Kosylo... some of these would definitely improve our starting XI...

As for the game... thought 1st half quite even with only one real chance each - ours towards bar, their's a goal after our defenders stood off and let their player shift the ball onto his left foot to bury it into corner... 2nd half saw more chances for both teams - us via Colclough, Hancock, Ceesay, etc... though again no goals scored - our problem all season...

Didn't like fact we abandoned our usual passing game and getting crosses in from wing areas for a lot of the game and resorted to punting it forward which was stupid with 6ft 7inch keeper in goal... thought Bell did better than Piggott who did nothing bar gain more minutes for match fitness & Hardy adding something little extra when he came on...

Anyway, another defeat & poor performance... must improve... we still have faith in Parky taking us forward but again i ask the Club PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update us on the injury news... roll on next weekend when we go again... COYR!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2021, 06:20:17 PM »

A lot of different perceptions on this game, and we can all agree it was one to forget.

For me, Bell and Hardy must start the next game as 9 and 10 respectively, and hopefully we will see Smith and Kosylo back ASAP.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2021, 06:50:03 PM »

Poor fodder.

Hardy has to start next game, as for who plays up front don't think it will matter 1 jot.

Full time and proud of it

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2021, 07:43:04 PM »

Maybe we should simply play with no striker at all... as feels like we have been doing this already all season... :(

Scotland 2010 played 4-6-0 formation...
Spain 2012 played 4-6-0 formation...
And City occasionally last 12mths no strikers...

Obviously City & Spain more successfully...

That said, and on a more serious note, i think Bell needs to be given a start up front and we MUST find a decent striker in the summer to solve our inability in front of goal...
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2021, 07:50:55 PM »

I think the unending criticism of the surface by the commentary team is both unfair to the ground staff and, to be honest, erroneous.

Halifax seem to be having significantly fewer problems with it than we are.
Halifax are used to playing on a midden. The pitch is way short of its best. It actually doesn't matter who plays up front - it might as well be Foz for all the service he'd receive. Not many emerged from that without being deserving of criticism.
Has Foz been approached?

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2021, 08:00:46 PM »

Bell has to start next time out, for his sake and for Piggott's. I like Piggott but his performances are deteriorating and he needs to be taken out of the starting line-up for now.

I also think PP would do well to talk more openly to the fans about injuries and selection issues such as the reason why Bell has yet to start despite being our only proven goalscorer at this level. He may have his reasons for not doing so but he's creating problems with the fans that are unnecessary.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 02:41:25 PM by Leon »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2021, 09:52:13 AM »

I think the unending criticism of the surface by the commentary team is both unfair to the ground staff and, to be honest, erroneous.

Halifax seem to be having significantly fewer problems with it than we are.
Halifax are used to playing on a midden. The pitch is way short of its best. It actually doesn't matter who plays up front - it might as well be Foz for all the service he'd receive. Not many emerged from that without being deserving of criticism.
Has Foz been approached?

I agree with this Foz has a track record of collecting and distributing wayward footballs
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Match Thread - this Saturday