PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Away Dayz Next Season...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alty Away Dayz Next Season...  (Read 6011 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« on: April 11, 2021, 10:50:13 AM »

Looking forward to next season - i hope as Covid eases fans maybe allowed to go to away games; as not only have i missed the matchday experience of home games & catching up with mates BUT i, like many, have missed the 'away day craic' of day trips to old/new grounds, 'few' ales, & a day out with mates...

I was looking at the table this morning and it looks like Sutton (who dropped from top to 2nd yesterday as had no game and play us next Sat) look well placed for the auto-prom spot as 1pt behind top with games in hand... the playoff prom spot looks a fight between 7 former league clubs who occupy the other positions in top8...

Hartlepool, Torquay, Stockport, Notts County, Chesterfield, Halifax, Wrexham...

Really enjoy a decent away ground so not sure who would want to go up out of these... maybe Torquay as so far away... defo dont want Notts County to go up as want to go their next season... plus guess Stockport is good for Boxing Day/NYD...

Anyway, lets hope we get away games as well as home games (govt/covid permitting) next season..

As i say, really looking forward to Notts County away & trip 'abroad' to visit Wrexham... anyone else looking forward to visiting a certain ground next season?
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Alty Away Dayz Next Season...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 11:02:18 AM »

Also on a side note, assume with our pitch being relaid this summer there will probably be no home pre-season friendlies so hope the club can arrange a few decent away pre-season games with maybe some decent football lge grounds to visit for us fans... fingers crossed... :)

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 11:52:34 AM »

I suspect its possible we may have to play our first few designated home games away too as I expect the pitch won't be ready for the kick off of the new season, given that it would be a smaller close season window than usual.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 04:08:48 PM »

Looking forward to next season - i hope as Covid eases fans maybe allowed to go to away games; as not only have i missed the matchday experience of home games & catching up with mates BUT i, like many, have missed the 'away day craic' of day trips to old/new grounds, 'few' ales, & a day out with mates...

I was looking at the table this morning and it looks like Sutton (who dropped from top to 2nd yesterday as had no game and play us next Sat) look well placed for the auto-prom spot as 1pt behind top with games in hand... the playoff prom spot looks a fight between 7 former league clubs who occupy the other positions in top8...

Really enjoy a decent away ground so not sure who would want to go up out of these... maybe Torquay as so far away... defo dont want Notts County to go up as want to go their next season... plus guess Stockport is good for Boxing Day/NYD...

Anyway, lets hope we get away games as well as home games (govt/covid permitting) next season..

As i say, really looking forward to Notts County away & trip 'abroad' to visit Wrexham... anyone else looking forward to visiting a certain ground next season?

Isn't the big plan based on restrictions being lifted end of June 21......or does extreme caution mean social distancing until 2031.

We don't wear seatbelts on buses and trains because risk assessment says so.....even though both crash from time to time. Covid risks of illness need to be asssesed on same basis across Uk public events
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 04:19:55 PM »

The optimum outcome for us would surely be for Sutton United and Torquay United to be promoted.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 05:49:27 PM »

I do look forward to all the grounds I haven't visited before, which for me are Hartlepool, Bromley, Maidenhead, Wealdstone and Chesterfield (I have been to Notts County, which is an excellent visit, as a neutral, but missed our game at Bromley).
We look quite likely to get Southend United coming down, which would be another new ground.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 07:24:44 PM »

Must admit i am hoping that all grounds i defo want to visit are on a Saturday (not a Tues) night date when the fixtures come out for next season... Sat aways are do-able but Tues eve games would depend on distance & work giving time off...

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 08:56:11 PM »

The optimum outcome for us would surely be for Sutton United and Torquay United to be promoted.

Speak for yourself Cult...... Sutton is currently my nearest National League ground! Not that is a particularly special day out.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

saffendalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 06:48:12 AM »

Southend away, can't wait. 10 minutes from me. Good day out for London based alty fans. Crap pubs though!

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 07:55:59 AM »

Maidenhead - a historic ground before they knock it down.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2021, 08:12:53 AM »

Thought that about Drill Field though! 😉 😂😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 12:05:18 PM »

Thought that about Drill Field though! 😉 😂😂

Drill Field was a dump, but I bloody miss going there. Memories of hundreds of Alty fans filling that bus station end, so dark it was like a dungeon at the back of that. Hey ho, these new stadiums have far better bogs!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 04:20:51 AM »

My favourite old school bogs were at Workington, about 20 years ago for a match against Bradford. Overgrown, and I'm pretty sure unchanged from the FL days. Bootham Crescent wasn't bad too. Incidentally, why did they never replace the toilets by the popular side? Used to be a snack bar there too.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 08:33:22 PM »

My favourite old school bogs were at Workington, about 20 years ago for a match against Bradford. Overgrown, and I'm pretty sure unchanged from the FL days. Bootham Crescent wasn't bad too. Incidentally, why did they never replace the toilets by the popular side? Used to be a snack bar there too.
What, inside the toilets?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 08:42:33 PM »

Canal Street, Runcorn. Blokes could have a pish and easily watch the game over the bog wall.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team