Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 anyone know anything about this (bury game)???
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: anyone know anything about this (bury game)???  (Read 7148 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« on: July 11, 2007, 03:37:09 PM »

From Bury fc message board

I have been instructed to post this by shakersladconnoh as we all know he cannot make any sense he and wants me to post it for him.

Well at half time he went to Colin Potts hand, big bald looking Altrincham player. He went to shake his hand and at the last minute Connor moved his hand away. Colin Potts (I am sure that was his name) reacted in a way that any thuggish aggressive most probably violent character would. He went right up to Connor, grabbed him on the shoulders and pushed him fairly aggressively and shouted “I will ffin smack you in a minute”. It in fact took the Altrincham keeper to restrain him from Connor. Potts behaviour was disgraceful, being a football player means you should be a good role model at the very least. What he did could be classed as assault. Then a couple of minutes later he comes storming out of the dressing room for what I can only imagine was to come out looking for Connor so he could “smack him one” as he promised. The man is a complete coward, making threats to someone half his size but failing to stick by them. What a pathetic excuse for a human being!

Then the behaviour of one particular steward was also a complete disgrace. As soon as the incident had taken place he threatened to send us all out of the ground for “acting like idiots and messing about”. He told us you are “not allowed to mess about, you are here to watch football”. I say these particular quotes, what other stuff he was saying had a swear word every other word. And this guy was a “senior” steward. He has absolutely no people skills. The mini assault that had just taken place did not seem to even enter his mind when he was having a go at all of us. Then every time he saw us he continued to threaten to send us out. Sometimes it is the people with power who cause the problems, in this case the steward after the actions of one idiotic probably thuggish player. There was about 30 people standing around at half time, he comes to us and tells us that if we don’t sit down he will send us out. Words cannot describe the sheer stupidity of some people. Both of them are bullies!

mixrd reactions from bury fans it seems though
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 03:42:19 PM by alty360 »

Ideas 4 Alty

Re: anyone know anything about this (bury game)???
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 03:45:35 PM »

And of course, "Connor" didn't say a single bad word to "Potts" or swear at him in any way. The fact that he lacks the intelligence to write his own account of what happened speaks volumes.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 03:47:55 PM »

yes have to agree it sounds like this guy was asking for it to be honest bit stupid

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »

http://www.themightyshakers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=27136

Most seem to be telling him what a prat he was.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

NewToAlty

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 07:50:09 PM »

Can't comment I was in the bar by then, but no sign of any problems when I returned.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 08:04:22 PM »

sounds like a complete idiot to me.

After reading the Bury message board he sounds like an absolute complete IDIOT !
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 08:21:27 PM by altrincham »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 08:11:52 PM »

I can actually comment on this.

I didn't see the incident with Pottsy on the way in but was there when the 'Senior Syeward' was dealing with the aftermath.

Pottsy came out and I checked with him whether there had been just a childish action or, as was initially suspected, the Bury 'Fan' had taken a swing at him. Pottsy replied that it had been just a silly childish action and that there hadn't been anything else in it.

The group of 'fans' referred to were abusive to Pottsy and the senior steward and caused problems from that point onward to the extent that two stewards were put on to 'man mark' them whilst they were in the main stand blocking stairways and generally being a pain in the arse.

The Senior Steward involved in this incident behaved in an exemplary manner and the matter was resolved so successfully that it didn't even warrant a mention on the Match report.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 08:21:39 PM »

Sorry, I missed the most important bit out.

Pottsy didn't at any time act agressively toward the 'Fan' in question

markecky

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 08:41:17 PM »

Does thiis pass for humour in Bury?

Tried to show off in front of others by humiliiatiing someone who doesn't piss about. Got a fright.  Bleated about it on a message board.

Seems he has form for this kind of thing.  Life must be one long laugh

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 08:47:54 PM »

I thought you might have learned the lessons from last season when you invited FC United to play a friendly and they acted like a set of tossers, Bury are just the same, a dreadful set of wankers.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 08:52:42 PM »

I thought you might have learned the lessons from last season when you invited FC United to play a friendly and they acted like a set of tossers, Bury are just the same, a dreadful set of wankers.

That's just Buryist
Full time and proud of it

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 09:53:03 PM »

Someone pointed out, I'd be embarrassed to bring it to this many peoples attention on a messageboard. Well, depends if you're one of the biggest attention seekers the world has ever seen. His dads reaction? Seems like he's never there judging from how much attention he wants. Future big brother contestant there.

And anyway, is that schoolboy error gag not completely old hat now? Surely it's been done to death, even Soccer Am and the kids at school have given up on it.

One word.

Backwards.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 10:24:44 PM »

I can actually comment on this.

I didn't see the incident with Pottsy on the way in but was there when the 'Senior Syeward' was dealing with the aftermath.

Pottsy came out and I checked with him whether there had been just a childish action or, as was initially suspected, the Bury 'Fan' had taken a swing at him. Pottsy replied that it had been just a silly childish action and that there hadn't been anything else in it.

The group of 'fans' referred to were abusive to Pottsy and the senior steward and caused problems from that point onward to the extent that two stewards were put on to 'man mark' them whilst they were in the main stand blocking stairways and generally being a pain in the arse.

The Senior Steward involved in this incident behaved in an exemplary manner and the matter was resolved so successfully that it didn't even warrant a mention on the Match report.

Shame, it sounds like they needed knocking out, probably trying it on because they were playing a "non-league" club and dont realise that conference grounds, especially those with a football league grading are bound by the same rules and regulations as all football league grounds.If he'd tried that at most other grounds, friendly or league fixture, his arse wouldnt have touched the ground until it bounced down on the pavement outside.Well done to the steward in question and Phil for keeping it from becoming a noteworthy incident.How come we never have these problems when conference clubs visit,even those with proper naaaaawty boys?

Inaura

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 12:05:44 AM »

Everyone should read all seven pages of this thread. Funniest twenty minutes of my week.

I love the way the describe Pottsy as a pro, "ahem, erm, he's actually semi-professional..."

They are having a real gas, it's great reading. Beats facebook.

moousee

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 12:25:56 AM »

to be fair, I had a chat with a few of the fans and they were all pleasant enough. The reaction to this idiots story on their board says enough. They all seemed to hold
FCUM in disdain anyway, they muck up Gigg Lane with all of those stupid little stickers. As if no-one knew they disliked the united chairman....
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team