PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramadan Project
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ramadan Project  (Read 9798 times)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ramadan Project
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2021, 10:59:18 AM »

The Church of England does not bless or carry out same sex marriages. As above they do not only allow the sinless to be vicars!

So, in one place you state, about those with Christian beliefs, 'those whose faith forbids homosexuality' and yet your faith permits homosexual vicars (and of course parishioners). Does that not make the Church of England contradictory in it's beliefs? It's not like a homosexual vicar is going to repent their 'sins' as they can not change who they are. If they are in a civil partnership, then they are surely ignoring one of the tenets of their faith? It's a total fudge by the Church of England and a ridiculous state of affairs.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2021, 11:01:21 AM »

The Church of England does not bless or carry out same sex marriages. As above they do not only allow the sinless to be vicars!

So, in one place you state, about those with Christian beliefs, 'those whose faith forbids homosexuality' and yet your faith permits homosexual vicars (and of course parishioners). Does that not make the Church of England contradictory in it's beliefs? It's not like a homosexual vicar is going to repent their 'sins' as they can not change who they are. If they are in a civil partnership, then they are surely ignoring one of the tenets of their faith? It's a total fudge by the Church of England and a ridiculous state of affairs.

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2021, 11:11:09 AM »

That would be an ecumenical matter.

;D It is all very Fr Ted
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2021, 07:56:49 PM »

I may be wrong, but I believe it is practising homosexuals they don't allow.

I don't know if that means they allow the ones who get it right!

Personally, I cannot understand anyone who could not celebrate love between 2 (or more) consensual adults, but it is right to respect their views.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2021, 06:34:29 AM »

That's the trouble when you start bringing politics into it. There's no positive discrimination, just discrimination, some say. Still, there is this to be said. I remember reading an article some years ago about how young "Asian" players were not being given a chance by professional football clubs because apparently the hierarchy at such organisations had an attitude that "Asians" did not make good footballers, and feeling shocked that such attitudes persisted in football in the 21st century. It featured a player who was setting all sorts of records in an amateur league but was not getting a look in when he went for trials. My bottom line is that everyone from whatever background should be given a fair chance, so anything that can help to give such players the chance they deserve, as long as it is respectful to everyone, must be a good thing.

In the spirit of increasing understanding, I  should add that I will never go to a match at 3pm on Good Friday, this being the holiest hour in the Christian year (and I'm sure our vibrant community of Kerala Catholics would agree), which obviously makes it less worth while for me to get a season ticket whilst leagues and clubs persist in this practice. (I'm obviously speaking as a Christian, for those who don't know...)

Why have you put quotation marks around the word Asian? Do you not believe in Asia?

Asia is quite a big place. When people say Asia in this country, they often mean mainly or entirely the Indian subcontinent - particularly, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. My reading of it anyway.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2021, 06:36:17 AM »

Which makes me wonder how he felt about being put in the position of having to chose between the position his faith takes and that publicly espoused by his employer.
Without wishing to be provocative, did you ever wonder how Christian players felt about playing on Good Friday? Wasn't there a Scottish (I think) player who had it in his contract that he wouldn't be called upon to play on a Sunday?

Wasn't that Roger Bannister? A good film about him.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2021, 06:47:54 AM »

Which makes me wonder how he felt about being put in the position of having to chose between the position his faith takes and that publicly espoused by his employer.
Without wishing to be provocative, did you ever wonder how Christian players felt about playing on Good Friday? Wasn't there a Scottish (I think) player who had it in his contract that he wouldn't be called upon to play on a Sunday?

Wasn't that Roger Bannister? A good film about him. And I seem to remember Crisp was in the same team as "Burgher"! (I won't get into Cannock and Shugborugh :) )
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramadan Project