Re: Hulme
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 02:00:00 PM »

I’d give him a piggy back from fylde.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 02:00:12 PM »

No issues with the way he left, but I'd rather find a longer term solution in the Summer.

Would possibly mean paying a large transfer fee.Id rather Hulme than another conf north striker

Not necessarily. Hulme signed a one-year deal at Fylde, with the club having an option of extending it by a year. So if Fylde have already decided not to keep him for next season, he's now effectively a free agent (although I assume Fylde would want some sort of fee for letting him leave before June).

I kind of hope it doesn't happen but it would be churlish to complain if we did re-sign him given how much we've all been complaining about the failure to replace him.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 02:10:41 PM »

I've made comments to the contrary in the past, but to play devil's advocate towards those commenting on "the way he left" none of us still really know the details.

None of us wanted him to go, how much was his choice and how much came from the club? We can all agree that whatever fee we got must have been substantial enough to warrant our board making such a decision.

I am not sure if I would have him back either, but if anyone can get the best out of him it is PP and NS.

I'd made my peace with him leaving, but he spends the first days mocking our new strike-force of Tom Peers.

He'd spent the first few months at altrincham taking about playing at NL level.

I'd have had no issue with him going to Wrexham, Notts County or even Fylde if they'd remained at this level with us.

Is that actually true? As I recall, he tweeted in his farewell message to Alty fans something along the lines of "I leave you in the capable hands of Tom Peers". Your interpretation of that is him taking the mickey out of TP (on the assumption that Hulme must share your low opinion of Peers). I think it's more likely he was giving him his genuine (if misjudged) backing to take his place. Did he say anything more beyond that?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 02:14:10 PM »

No issues with the way he left, but I'd rather find a longer term solution in the Summer.

Would possibly mean paying a large transfer fee.Id rather Hulme than another conf north striker

Not necessarily. Hulme signed a one-year deal at Fylde, with the club having an option of extending it by a year. So if Fylde have already decided not to keep him for next season, he's now effectively a free agent (although I assume Fylde would want some sort of fee for letting him leave before June).

I kind of hope it doesn't happen but it would be churlish to complain if we did re-sign him given how much we've all been complaining about the failure to replace him.

I didnt make it clear, I meant paying a transfer fee for another player not Hulme .

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 03:46:48 PM »

If this is the case, why is there nothing on the AFC Fylde website? According to their first team squad details, he is still listed as a squad member.

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 06:47:32 PM »

As an added bit of the story, he’s apparently been given a long ban by the FA hence why Fylde aren’t keeping him. What for, I dont know!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 06:59:33 PM »

As an added bit of the story, he’s apparently been given a long ban by the FA hence why Fylde aren’t keeping him. What for, I dont know!

Is this non league footy rumours on twitter making a comeback ?

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2021, 07:11:45 PM »

It's on the FA website...something to do with his social media I think

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2021, 07:16:04 PM »

FA disciplinary charges, responses and suspensions for March 2021

INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT

Jordan Hulme, Player, AFC Fylde

Breach of FA Rule E3 - It is alleged that a comment posted on the Participant’s social media page was insulting and/or abusive and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute, contrary to Rule E3.1. It is further alleged that this breach of Rule E3.1 is an “Aggravated Breach” as defined in Rule E3.2, as it includes reference (express or implied) to nationality and/or race and/or ethnicity. 

Charge admitted – Personal Hearing requested.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2021, 07:25:41 PM »

Cost me a tenner that Cult. Backed the  'charlie' charge
Full time and proud of it

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2021, 08:12:13 PM »

I've made comments to the contrary in the past, but to play devil's advocate towards those commenting on "the way he left" none of us still really know the details.

None of us wanted him to go, how much was his choice and how much came from the club? We can all agree that whatever fee we got must have been substantial enough to warrant our board making such a decision.

I am not sure if I would have him back either, but if anyone can get the best out of him it is PP and NS.

I'd made my peace with him leaving, but he spends the first days mocking our new strike-force of Tom Peers.

He'd spent the first few months at altrincham taking about playing at NL level.

I'd have had no issue with him going to Wrexham, Notts County or even Fylde if they'd remained at this level with us.

Definitely fair, I know that Peers and him are good pals but perhaps keep the banter less public.

I always thought the same to be honest, thought he would be keen to play at this level as he never got the chance to prove himself with Salford.

On another note, some fantastic detective work on this thread... the return I can maybe believe, but if we were handing out full time contracts would we not offer them to existing players first?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2021, 08:34:00 PM »

I'd like to know who told robski the info. Unless it's JH or one of his mates?
We're building castles in the air here and it could even be trolling.
Still, it's made for a very entertaining thread! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2021, 09:02:38 PM »

No trolling here, I’m just giving you guys the info I received, and in fairness I was told about the ban without knowing it was on the FA website so he’s got half of the info correct so far

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2021, 09:23:11 PM »

No trolling here, I’m just giving you guys the info I received, and in fairness I was told about the ban without knowing it was on the FA website so he’s got half of the info correct so far

Fair do's then Robski and thanks for the info!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2021, 09:24:16 PM »

Fair do's then Robski and thanks for the info!

Let’s hope it’s true anyway  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hulme