Hulme
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Hulme  (Read 21306 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hulme
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2021, 09:33:47 PM »

He’s the best striker we’ve had at Alty since Colin Little and is made for the way Parky plays. I’d take him back in a heartbeat.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2021, 10:29:36 PM »

He’s the best striker we’ve had at Alty since Colin Little and is made for the way Parky plays. I’d take him back in a heartbeat.

errr... Damian Reeves?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2021, 10:38:54 PM »

errr... Damian Reeves?

I'll be in the minority with this but I wasn't a massive fan of Reeves. Scored loads of goals but his overall contribution wasn't the best. We've effectively replaced John Johnson and Elliott Durrell but replacing Hulme has been been much harder, which is testament to what a good player he is and how difficult playing at the tip of Parky's system is.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2021, 11:01:32 PM »

Little, Hulme, Reeves... all class but I'd put them in that order.

I guess you could argue that Hulme had better players around him than the other two.

RolfGoad

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2021, 04:17:35 AM »

Doesn’t some of this also depend on the nature of what caused his ban?

The club has built a foundation on being progressive so if it’s something that jeopardises that is it really worth it in the long term? (I say that with absolutely zero clue what’s actually been said, but I assume it must be pretty grim)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2021, 05:45:30 AM »

I would have loved it if he hadn't left but since he has done, I think I'm leaning towards hashtags opinion.
If we needed someone for Durrells position, I'd welcome him back but we don't.

Deary me. As I hinted at, Adam Rooney went to Salford City, scored 21 goals - how mch did they pat for him? (And he was in the first team for Aberdeen at the time). How much was paid for Marriot? As I said, it would be a tremendous achievement for the club to get a 15 goal a season striker. If he comes here and plays to his ability, and if we can afford it, it's a no-brainer.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2021, 05:50:27 AM »

I've made comments to the contrary in the past, but to play devil's advocate towards those commenting on "the way he left" none of us still really know the details.

None of us wanted him to go, how much was his choice and how much came from the club? We can all agree that whatever fee we got must have been substantial enough to warrant our board making such a decision.

I am not sure if I would have him back either, but if anyone can get the best out of him it is PP and NS.

I'd made my peace with him leaving, but he spends the first days mocking our new strike-force of Tom Peers.

He'd spent the first few months at altrincham taking about playing at NL level.

I'd have had no issue with him going to Wrexham, Notts County or even Fylde if they'd remained at this level with us.

Is that actually true? As I recall, he tweeted in his farewell message to Alty fans something along the lines of "I leave you in the capable hands of Tom Peers". Your interpretation of that is him taking the mickey out of TP (on the assumption that Hulme must share your low opinion of Peers). I think it's more likely he was giving him his genuine (if misjudged) backing to take his place. Did he say anything more beyond that?

If you include his cup record this season, Peers is about one goal every three games (270 minutes). Short of doing a Salford City, what do you want?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2021, 06:10:00 AM »

Another thought, if Jordan Hulme had done something that bad, would PP have brought him back (allegedly) or the club allowed it, when you consider the sort of club we are? Let's wait until we know more.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2021, 08:52:39 AM »

I would have loved it if he hadn't left but since he has done, I think I'm leaning towards hashtags opinion.
If we needed someone for Durrells position, I'd welcome him back but we don't.

Deary me. As I hinted at, Adam Rooney went to Salford City, scored 21 goals - how mch did they pat for him? (And he was in the first team for Aberdeen at the time). How much was paid for Marriot? As I said, it would be a tremendous achievement for the club to get a 15 goal a season striker. If he comes here and plays to his ability, and if we can afford it, it's a no-brainer.

15 goals a season is hardly impressive at this level.

Every season I've watched us since 2009 we've had a 15 goal striker at this level?

Parkinson showing that he cant go out and get a big game player - unless a bit broken - is a worry.
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2021, 09:05:38 AM »

I think only Michael Cheek has exceeded 15 league goals at our level this season. Granted, one of two others are likely to join him, but I'd say 15 goals wouldn't be a bad return in all fairness.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2021, 09:31:00 AM »

I think only Michael Cheek has exceeded 15 league goals at our level this season. Granted, one of two others are likely to join him, but I'd say 15 goals wouldn't be a bad return in all fairness.

A strange season. Even last year with 10 games to go 8 clubs had someone with over 15 goals, 3 more had 14 or 15.

Having someone hit 15 goals is midtable form, unless you're scoring goals fom 2 strikers or round the gam
It's all my fault.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2021, 09:59:35 AM »

A 15 goal a season man is exactly what we need. We also need to sure it up at the back and stop giving stupid goals away.

We’ve scored 37 in 34, top of the league currently have scored 10 more than us in one game extra, yielding 23 more points than us.

A 15 goal a season man is perfect.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2021, 10:01:09 AM »

Hancock has 11 so far (with a few pens admittedly) but if we'd had a decent number nine, a fair proportion of all those chances missed by our rotating trial strikers might have been converted and we'd be in a much better place. Fine margins as PP said.
Another consideration is that Hulme is still unproven at National level. (braces for response!)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 10:25:20 AM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2021, 11:55:01 AM »

Doesn’t some of this also depend on the nature of what caused his ban?

The club has built a foundation on being progressive so if it’s something that jeopardises that is it really worth it in the long term? (I say that with absolutely zero clue what’s actually been said, but I assume it must be pretty grim)
Yes and no. Things need to be looked at objectively. People do not automatically become unemployable because they have made grave mistakes. Not all our present squad are lillywhite and even Sir Colin Little for whom we shall be ever grateful had an episode he will regret whilst with us.
For me it is how it affects the club. Anyway as someone said - probably building castles in the air

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2021, 12:23:34 PM »

100% have him back. Yes he left us in the muck but if we can pick him for free then happy bloody days.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hulme