Hulme
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Hulme  (Read 21314 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hulme
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2021, 12:41:37 PM »

I can completely understand posters who would prefer to see a younger striker than Jordan, maybe one overlooked and released from a higher level academy (like Duncan Watmore).

However, these guys don't grow on trees and in my opinion would represent far more of a risk than Jordan.
Yes, there's no guarantee that he would get the goals we need, but given the relationship he has with Hanks, I'd also be very happy to see him back at Alty.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2021, 03:20:28 PM »

I would have loved it if he hadn't left but since he has done, I think I'm leaning towards hashtags opinion.
If we needed someone for Durrells position, I'd welcome him back but we don't.

Deary me. As I hinted at, Adam Rooney went to Salford City, scored 21 goals - how mch did they pat for him? (And he was in the first team for Aberdeen at the time). How much was paid for Marriot? As I said, it would be a tremendous achievement for the club to get a 15 goal a season striker. If he comes here and plays to his ability, and if we can afford it, it's a no-brainer.

15 goals a season is hardly impressive at this level.

Every season I've watched us since 2009 we've had a 15 goal striker at this level?

Parkinson showing that he cant go out and get a big game player - unless a bit broken - is a worry.

Cost! They are not cheap!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2021, 01:56:31 AM »

I would have loved it if he hadn't left but since he has done, I think I'm leaning towards hashtags opinion.
If we needed someone for Durrells position, I'd welcome him back but we don't.

Deary me. As I hinted at, Adam Rooney went to Salford City, scored 21 goals - how mch did they pat for him? (And he was in the first team for Aberdeen at the time). How much was paid for Marriot? As I said, it would be a tremendous achievement for the club to get a 15 goal a season striker. If he comes here and plays to his ability, and if we can afford it, it's a no-brainer.

15 goals a season is hardly impressive at this level.

Every season I've watched us since 2009 we've had a 15 goal striker at this level?

Parkinson showing that he cant go out and get a big game player - unless a bit broken - is a worry.

Not sure that's right? Of the top 12 NL scorers (17-18, total goals), 8 scored more than 15 goals plus Morgan Ferrier got 15. 2018-19, 9 players scored 15 or more NL goals.  No easy task for a club like us to get a 15  goal a season striker at this level. Hopefully it will become slightly easier as we move towards full time. (PS how are Tom and Allan?).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 02:06:18 AM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2021, 02:19:10 AM »

I think only Michael Cheek has exceeded 15 league goals at our level this season. Granted, one of two others are likely to join him, but I'd say 15 goals wouldn't be a bad return in all fairness.

A strange season. Even last year with 10 games to go 8 clubs had someone with over 15 goals, 3 more had 14 or 15.

Having someone hit 15 goals is midtable form, unless you're scoring goals fom 2 strikers or round the gam

In the shortened 2019-20 season, there were 16 clubs who didn't have a striker that scored 15 goals. 16 in 2018-19. And 17 clubs in 2017-18. Of corse I'd like to finish top 7, but as I say, it is very difficult now Maunders has left. Best we've managed since is 12th out of 22, and 13th in the current format (unless you cont Salisbury...). Still, here's hoping.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2021, 02:21:22 AM »

Hancock has 11 so far (with a few pens admittedly) but if we'd had a decent number nine, a fair proportion of all those chances missed by our rotating trial strikers might have been converted and we'd be in a much better place. Fine margins as PP said.
Another consideration is that Hulme is still unproven at National level. (braces for response!)

Very well - so was Hancock (I think).

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2021, 01:16:13 PM »

nothing on the website as yet about this???????????????????
Harold

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2021, 01:24:36 PM »

nothing on the website as yet about this???????????????????

Merely rumour Harold - don't hold your breath.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2021, 02:06:22 PM »

thats what i thought
Harold

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2021, 12:51:45 PM »

There are complications to this deal due to his ban. The management and board weren’t aware of how long of a ban he received which obviously has a knock on effect with his contract/wages whilst unavailable due to something that happened away from here.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2021, 01:35:08 PM »

There are complications to this deal due to his ban. The management and board weren’t aware of how long of a ban he received which obviously has a knock on effect with his contract/wages whilst unavailable due to something that happened away from here.
[/quote

Is he still signing ?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2021, 03:44:28 PM »

Excerpts from Jordan Hulme's recent disciplinary hearing:

IN THE MATTER OF A FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION INDEPENDENT REGULATORY COMMISSION BETWEEN: THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION and MR JORDAN HULME; AFC FYLDE.

WRITTEN REASONS AND DECISION OF THE INDEPENDENT REGULATORY COMMISSION FOLLOWING THE HEARING ON 1 APRIL 2021

The Facts

7. Mr. Hulme signed for AFC Fylde in or around October 2020. Prior to that he was contracted to Altrincham FC and, before that Salford City FC. He started his career as a Non-League Player and has played at various clubs from the age of 18.

8. Mr. Hulme has not received any training in social media usage or best practice. He has 3,826 followers on his official UK Instagram account. This is a public account which is open to anyone to follow him and view the content that appears on his Instagram page and story board.

9. On 7 January 2021 he published an Instagram story on his Instagram account. This post was a screen shot of a newspaper article displaying the headline: “Wu Joking?” along with the comments: “Wuhan mocks UK’s Covid hell, vows to hold more parties and tells Brits to ‘get used to it’”. Below the screen shot of the newspaper article, Mr. Hulme added the comment: “Bat eating freaks” along with an emoji of a bat and a further emoji of someone being sick. The post deleted automatically after 24 hours.

10. Mr. Hulme’s girlfriend had contracted the virus over the Christmas period. They had hosted their family, including elderly grandparents. Two days after Christmas his girlfriend’s symptoms began, and after this, others in the family quickly became infected. His grandfather suffers with poor health and there was concern that if he contracted the virus he may not survive. Thankfully, this was not the case. However, it was during this stressful time, and whilst awaiting the results of his grandfather’s Covid test that he posted the article and the comments. Given the health risks to his family member, to which he had been looking into the Covid 19 virus online, there were a number of ‘sponsored posts’ which had started to appear on his Instagram feed. He stated that the post was directed at the cause of the outbreak and the people that had chosen to eat bats.

Conclusion 36.

The Regulatory Commission came to the unanimous decision, having carefully considered the relevant factors, and have imposed the following sanction;

(i) He is suspended from all domestic club football with immediate effect until such time as the Club with which he is registered have completed SIX First Team competitive Matches in an approved competition.

(ii) Fined the sum of £900.

(iii) Ordered to attend a mandatory face-to-face education programme the details of which will be provided to the Player by The Football Association. That programme is to be completed within a four month period commencing with the date of the Decision letter dated 1  April 2021. If the Player fails to satisfactorily complete the programme in that period, he will be immediately suspended from all domestic club football until such time as the mandatory programme is so completed. Given the ongoing pandemic if, for any health and safety related reason, the programme cannot be delivered face-to-face within the four months indicated then, with the permission of The Football Association, the programme may be undertaken by means of video-conference and/or there may be a reasonable extension of the time period allowed for completion.

37. He  is ordered to make a contribution towards the costs of the Commission of £450.

To read the full report of the Regulatory Commission, type in 'Hulme' as a search in the Individual Name box:

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/written-reasons

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:55:32 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2021, 04:05:56 PM »

Hardly crime of the century
Full time and proud of it

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2021, 04:19:59 PM »

I agree. However, ignoring the crime it still leaves a question mark over his future. Can't play for anyone until some time in September at the earliest by the looks of it and even though he will probably be raring to go he's not going to be match fit for some time after he gets his first game.

It's a bit of a gamble.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2021, 04:29:03 PM »

Was only a matter of time before his social media caught up with him - he's hardly the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to the sort of stuff he posts, and what he should know better about.

Still think we should move on. Other clubs don't have Hulme, and manage fine.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2021, 05:51:08 PM »

Still think we should move on. Other clubs don't have Hulme, and manage fine.

I think you're 100% correct.
In any case, this whole thread is based on a couple of suspect suggestions which are unsubstantiated by the Club.
The judgement against him would seem to virtually exclude him from contributing this season anyway.
Surely PP and NS can find a suitable striker in the close season who would have a lesser propensity to go elsewhere at the drop of a hat.
As Marple and others have said, it's time to move on.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hulme