PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1st Pre-Season fixture confirmed...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: 1st Pre-Season fixture confirmed...  (Read 21453 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« on: April 16, 2021, 07:29:59 PM »

Alty's first pre-season game has been pencilled in for July 31st as confirmed by Alty's website... Brightlingsea Regent FC in North Essex (Saturday - 2pm ko)...

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/alty-on-the-march-in-july

Hopefully some more Away pre-season games will be announced in coming wks/months...
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Pre-Season fixture confirmed...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 07:59:07 PM »

I'm there 100 % ;D

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 09:31:44 PM »

They are a bit off the beaten track, but it looks a worthwhile friendly on playing ability as well being  a good day/weekend out, as they have shot up the leagues in recent years, following the decline of the original club,

I just wonder whether, following friendlies being arranged in the Isle of Man and Essex following the appointment of directors based in those areas, we will be playing a friendly in British Columbia in a year or two.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 08:31:03 AM »

Terrible decision this game.

In normal circumstances, perhaps, but Pre season - for many if you don't own a podcast or yellow jacket - has been the only game we could see live in 14 months.

To put a game away, that doesn't have a train station, is 6 hours by public transport, is a very poor decision. Done for the benefit of directors, not fans.

There is little footballing benefit that could not be achieved closer to home. If the lads want a night away, go to Blackpool.

If you want a day at the seaside, try Southport.
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 09:01:37 AM »

Terrible decision this game.

In normal circumstances, perhaps, but Pre season - for many if you don't own a podcast or yellow jacket - has been the only game we could see live in 14 months.

To put a game away, that doesn't have a train station, is 6 hours by public transport, is a very poor decision. Done for the benefit of directors, not fans.

There is little footballing benefit that could not be achieved closer to home. If the lads want a night away, go to Blackpool.

If you want a day at the seaside, try Southport.
Got to admit I hardly jumped for joy at this news. I understand home pre season games are restricted or maybe even non starters due to work on the playing surface, but the announcement of our first pre season game is underwhelming. I appreciate they’ll be more which are more accessible to the vast majority of fans but just found this an odd choice.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 09:19:44 AM »

Having read the announcement on the official website more than disturbed by this issue. Directors have had the benefit of watching Alty in the flesh for the whole of the season. I’ve no issue with that whatsoever as they deserve the privilege for the post that they hold. However, Altrincham are a football club with a long held reputation of holding their fan base in high regard and I’m taken aback somewhat by this tactless proclamation. Fans have been starved of live, live football in a real life football stadium for over a year and bar our southern based exiles, the first we hear of a game is being held in Essex arranged at the behest of an Essex based director.
Forgive a lack of enthusiasm. Bit a a faux pas.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 12:32:47 PM »

I’m sure we’ll play another 5/6 PSF all in the NW at least. If we have a new director who is putting his time, money & skill set into the club then arranging one PSF (and presumably a good chance for the lads to bond over a weekend away) at his local club, then it’s really not a big deal for me. The Isle of Man was hardly down the road & I don’t recall too much fuss about our match there.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 12:46:54 PM »

I’m sure we’ll play another 5/6 PSF all in the NW at least. If we have a new director who is putting his time, money & skill set into the club then arranging one PSF (and presumably a good chance for the lads to bond over a weekend away) at his local club, then it’s really not a big deal for me. The Isle of Man was hardly down the road & I don’t recall too much fuss about our match there.

Agree with this. If the only "cost" for strengthening our board of directors is to play a friendly in Essex, I can't see the harm in it.

Who wouldn't fancy a nice weekend away in the Costa del Clacton, anyway? ;D
Come on Alty!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 03:33:08 PM »

Blimey there's some right old flouncing going on here. A couple of years back it was IoM as the venue for a PSF/Team Bonding session with a new Director (now Co Chair) as defacto host. This year it's the Essex Riveria with the new Director who lives there presumably doing the honours. Utterly harmless.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 03:44:04 PM »

Blimey there's some right old flouncing going on here. A couple of years back it was IoM as the venue for a PSF/Team Bonding session with a new Director (now Co Chair) as defacto host. This year it's the Essex Riveria with the new Director who lives there presumably doing the honours. Utterly harmless.
I think it’s the timing of the announcement that’s indelicate. I also don’t recall a covid related suspension of fans in grounds for a season when the Isle of Mann friendly was announced. I think there are no parallels to be drawn between the two scenarios.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 04:09:49 PM »

Back in 2000 we played a PSF in Ireland against St Francis (with a total attendance of only 80).....actually can we have another one over here please?

I think some people on this forum enjoy the feeling of railing against something.

Really nothing to see here.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 04:26:11 PM »

Back in 2000 we played a PSF in Ireland against St Francis (with a total attendance of only 80).....actually can we have another one over here please?

I think some people on this forum enjoy the feeling of railing against something.

Really nothing to see here.
I think it’s the frustration of being unable to watch live sport at the stadium. A genuine sense of loss we ALL feel of being deprived of this wonderful experience. The only axe I’ve got to grind is with covid 19/20 and 21.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2021, 05:50:36 PM »

The Isle of Man wasnt after missing a season and a half, came with full travel package for fans to get there (and cheap ferry/hotel deal).

There isn't a train station within an hour of the ground  , it's 2x times the distance to get to and hasn't been handled well in announcement.

Not sure why you'd announce it as the first, why not wait for the usual Curzon Trafford etc in.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 06:52:39 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2021, 05:52:01 PM »

Curzon has just been announced for the weekend after

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2021, 06:13:19 PM »

Personally I couldn't give a shiney sh*te where we play the first PSF.
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team