Squad
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Squad  (Read 10324 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Squad
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2021, 10:38:16 PM »

His point is it's all turned to dust and luckily we already have the points in the bag.

If it continues next year it will be Parky out but I'm sure he knows that

RolfGoad

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2021, 01:58:36 AM »

I think this summer will be an interesting transfer window. There surely must be a fair few players that would feel like it’s probably worth going part time at the moment, especially considering we don’t know how many professional teams will end up going pop in a year because of all this. Obviously all businesses have suffered, but players may realise it’s best to be paid a fair whack but also have another income to fall back on.

Weirdly, and luckily, I feel like Alty could benefit from that. Clubs working within what they can genuinely afford are surely going to be more attractive as a result of all this.

It’s pretty grim watching the team get battered at the tail end of the season, but we all knew this would be a season with an asterisk next to it. As long as the changes are made correctly, I’m not worried.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2021, 08:40:15 AM »

Think on the ship out list are approx 10...

Gould
Dens - sadly
Sutton
White
Williams
Ceesay
Adarbioyo
Peers
Bell (loan)
Plus one of Miller or Salmon
Plus maybe Piggott if get in couple of strikers in summer.

NB think we need a top striker (plus maybe a 2nd forward), a good centre back, plus a holding midfielder to partner Smith... plus maybe a top keeper & have TT as a back up...

This is a sensible list.

Whilst some might be tempted to go further than this, a quick reminder that whilst we were never realistically promotion candidates, we're not suddenly the worst team in the world either.  Funny thing, "form". Some on this forum don't understand it.

Hopefully Parky viewed the positive from yesterday as affirming some decisions he had in his mind.

3 wins in 17 is a major decline.
If you translated 3 wins in 17 to the start of a season the league table wouldn’t make comfortable reading. Unless we’d drawn the other 14.

What if you translated our winning run in there instead? What's your point?

Form is short, usually measured on recent games (5/6 or 8) we're passed bad form. Something in fundamentally wrong in the group.

Just like something clicked when we were on playable
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2021, 08:42:40 AM »

Teams like Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Wrexham and Stockport have been stockpiling players in recent months. Most of those clubs will be shedding players pretty soon - we will most likely benefit from that.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2021, 08:47:12 AM »

We had a golden opportunity to raid the top tier North talent and use the lack of relegation to see if they could make the grade.

And we brought 1 player in.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2021, 09:42:28 AM »

We had a golden opportunity to raid the top tier North talent and use the lack of relegation to see if they could make the grade.

It's not as simple as that - as for the form thing, I'm not reading as much doom into it as the lads expended a lot of effort hauling us up into the playoffs at one point, and I'm sure there was an element of switching off when relegation was cancelled.

Happy to be proven wrong if the rot still exists at the start of next season, but people were doing the same thing after the Fylde game and quite frankly looked like fools a matter of weeks subsequent.

In Parky I (still) trust.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2021, 12:02:02 PM »

There will be plenty of players looking for a gig next season. We should already have marked up a few leading suspects, but we absolutely have to be wary of offering contracts to players being rendered surplus by other National League clubs (eg Nyal Bell), and players who look good against us in friendlies (eg Fisaro Adarabioyo).

We want any players who are at our level or lower to fit in with the squad in those friendlies, and be prepared to play non-contract until they've proved themselves to be National League standard.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2021, 02:56:29 PM »

It's not as simple as that - as for the form thing, I'm not reading as much doom into it as the lads expended a lot of effort hauling us up into the playoffs at one point, and I'm sure there was an element of switching off when relegation was cancelled.

Happy to be proven wrong if the rot still exists at the start of next season, but people were doing the same thing after the Fylde game and quite frankly looked like fools a matter of weeks subsequent.

In Parky I (still) trust.

It is as simple as that; we won't have a better time to take the best part-time players than the season-ending for them.
Getting them here no doubt is the difficult part as it became a frenzie for all higher clubs to steal the best talent.

As for the Fylde comment, our next 5 league matches: W1 D1 L3, we hardly became Brazil. Those fans complaining knew we needed a striker (we got one in Fis leading to 4 points in the next 2 games) and a CM capable of stitching it together
It's all my fault.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2021, 11:19:07 PM »

We have a big summer ahead on the road to hybrid then ultimately full time structure in next couple of years...

This summer will be a BIG one as need to freshen up the squad (including finding that 20plus goal scorer everyone has mentioned before) plus shifting out several players who aint really up to this level of footy...

2nd season in a new league is usually harder than the 1st as other teams have sussed you out more... lets hope Parky finds the right blend of players...
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2021, 11:39:30 PM »

Think on the ship out list are approx 10...

Gould
Dens - sadly
Sutton
White
Williams
Ceesay
Adarbioyo
Peers
Bell (loan)
Plus one of Miller or Salmon
Plus maybe Piggott if get in couple of strikers in summer.

NB think we need a top striker (plus maybe a 2nd forward), a good centre back, plus a holding midfielder to partner Smith... plus maybe a top keeper & have TT as a back up...

This is a sensible list.

Whilst some might be tempted to go further than this, a quick reminder that whilst we were never realistically promotion candidates, we're not suddenly the worst team in the world either.  Funny thing, "form". Some on this forum don't understand it.

Hopefully Parky viewed the positive from yesterday as affirming some decisions he had in his mind.

3 wins in 17 is a major decline.
If you translated 3 wins in 17 to the start of a season the league table wouldn’t make comfortable reading. Unless we’d drawn the other 14.

What if you translated our winning run in there instead? What's your point?
The point is we’ve had a bad run. No hidden agenda. Nothing dark and mysterious. Is that point ok or not?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad