Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your favourite 90th minute Alty goals.....
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Your favourite 90th minute Alty goals.....  (Read 11011 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 12, 2007, 03:38:39 PM »

As it's relatively quiet on here today, how about reminiscing about some of the most memorable and enjoyable 90th minute goals scored by Alty over the years?

Here are a few selections:

(1) Altrincham...4  Southport...3
FA Cup 1st Round
25th November 1978

One of the best cup ties I have ever seen at Moss Lane.
Southport score to level the match at 3-3 with time running out.....only for Alty to regain the lead with only seconds left on the clock courtesy of a Jeff Johnson header from a Graham Heathcote free kick.
Onwards to Tottenham (and Ardiles & Villa) via Droylsden!   

(2) Altrincham...3  Southport...2
FA Cup 1st Round
12th November 1994

Paul France pops up with a priceless last minute far post header to clinch the victory.
Onwards to Tottenham (and Klinsmann & Sheringham) via Wigan Athletic!

(3) Altrincham...1  Barrow...0
FA Trophy 4th Round
5th February 2005

Colin Little's sweet header at the Chequers End....right in front of the stunned Barrow hordes!

(4) Northwich Vics...1  Altrincham...1
Nationwide Conference
27th December 1999

Richard Landon produces yet another of his last minute goals to earn 10 man Alty a point at The Drill Field.

(5) Bradford Park Avenue...1  Altrincham...2
Nationwide North
9th April 2005

Alty are 1-0 down until Val Owen equalises in the 85th minute.
Then Rod Thornley nets a winner five minutes into injury time.
Onwards to the Play Off Final....and a return to the Conference.

So, any other suggestions?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ideas 4 Alty

Re: Your favourite 90th minute Alty goals.....
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 03:42:35 PM »

Clive Freeman v Chester.

That is all.

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 03:54:33 PM »

A special mention also for Eddie Hussin's "hand of god" equaliser against Droyslden deep in injury time.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 03:55:47 PM »

Or Kettering's last minute extra time OG  :D

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 04:08:08 PM »

That Kettering OG was a stunner.  The look of horror the players face was a gem!

Magic moments...

teasybeaver

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 05:24:59 PM »

My earliest abiding memory of a late goal was when i was about 8. My dad took me to the match, no idea against who but were 2-1 down and it was raining. With about 5 to go i begged my dad to take me home, i was cold, bored, 8 and missing monkey magic!

Needless to say we won 3-2, remember my dad going mental at me as we drove off to the sound of the equaliser.

I'll never leave early again!

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 05:58:59 PM »

Given your age at the time I suspect that might have been our 3-2 victory over Lincoln City in the FA Cup. I vaguely remember it too.

andyc

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 07:41:25 PM »

Ken McKenna at Moss Lane v Kettering, can't remember when. 2-0 down at half time, won 3-2, I think the winner came in the 90th. Remember jumping around like an idiot.

altyf

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 09:07:31 PM »

northwich from this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ecstacy!!! kettering diving header absolutely hilarious! Southport, Talbot header 2005/2006

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 10:27:57 PM »

For some reason, possibly the first relegation fight and due to a horrible display of gamesmanship and time wasting from Yeovil, I seem to remember being absolutely ecstatic at a last gasp Paul France header at the Chequers end. Won 1-0 in 93-94 I think, Kings return had galvanised us. I think, I may need Cult/Flynny confirmation.

Asa at Oxford  ;D

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 10:29:05 PM »

kettering, bullet header OG.
Talbs, southport 05/06
Joe O'neill, Northwich 07
Robinson??, Tamworth 05
Lugsden equaliser against grays 05/06 i think

Val owens quality goal against Forest Green last game of 06. not 90th minute but o well. Also aspinalls penalty against oxford. again, not 90th minute but...
Rod thornley against St Albans

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 10:45:33 PM »

Dicky Landon could have his own thread on this. That beauty at Vics followed by the streaker in 99-00 iirc was tip top. The Paul France header vs Scouseport in the Cup was a great end to a fantastic match as well. Ken McKenna rounding the Kettering keeper before slotting it in all those years ago probs. my favourite last minute goal tho. Big crowd, great atmosphere and one of so many incredible matches that season. I remember that Paul France header at the Chequers End in April 94 that Ballers talks about as well, only about 700 there but crucial goal at the time. Bomber Harris in a similar vein in the 98-99 Unibond title season vs Hyde, Andy (it must be) Lovelock sending a left wing cross over and Bomber heading home as only he could in about the 96th minute or something stupid. The Hyde team that day set a materclass in time wasting.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 10:52:10 PM »

In Brief

Mckenna v Kettering
France v southport
Little v Barrow
and I think despite all those fantasic memories, for me the most important of all in recent years, Rodders 95th minute winner to spark mass pitch invasion at BPA.For me,that result won us promotion, the never say die spirit of that season was hightlighted on lots of occasions towards the end of the season, but for me, failure to win against already relegated bradford would have seen us finish outside the top five.And who knows where we woud be now.Can still see it happening again in slow motion now.

And A special mention for Nick Welton for his late salvo at gateshead to keep us in the Trophy in 03-04,sending us on that run that took in weymouth and shrewsbury.

altyf

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 10:54:53 PM »

i know it wasnt last minute, think it was about 80 actually, but still, alex hay at barrow 3-2 what a game, unbelievable display especially in terms of effort, also, i think i remember winning 2-1 at gateshead in fa cup or fa trophy after being 1-0 down, cant remember how late the goals were...ANYONE???

teasybeaver

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 07:58:34 AM »

For some reason, possibly the first relegation fight and due to a horrible display of gamesmanship and time wasting from Yeovil, I seem to remember being absolutely ecstatic at a last gasp Paul France header at the Chequers end. Won 1-0 in 93-94 I think, Kings return had galvanised us. I think, I may need Cult/Flynny confirmation.

Asa at Oxford  ;D

Remember it well. It was reported in the mail as 90+4. You must have come on a skateboard being chanted at yeovil fans. Kingy was a hero that season, we were dreadful until he turned up to save us.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(                  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team