Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your favourite 90th minute Alty goals.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Your favourite 90th minute Alty goals.....  (Read 11005 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Your favourite 90th minute Alty goals.....
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 08:51:33 AM »

I come late to this thread and I can't beleive no-one has mentioned Kingys TWO injury time goals against Mossley in the NPL Cup semi final in 1978/9.  With 80 minutes gone, we were 4-1 down, Stan Allen (our worst player) and Eamonn O'Keefe (their best) sent off for brawling, powerhouse John Davison free kick on 82 mins makes it 2-4, and three goals between 88 mins and 94 mins see an unbelievable incredible stunning, voice lost for a week comeback for the Mighty Red Army.

Also honourable mention for Phil McGreals injury time equaliser at home to Trophy holders Bishops Stortford in the quarter final in 1982.  A 2-2 draw at Moss Lane followed by a 3-1 win darn sarf in the replay.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 10:30:37 AM »

That Mossley game is about the only time I've left a ground early, just after the brawl. Heard the cheers all the way down Moss ln to the station!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

thegazelle

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 03:54:14 PM »

Mossley the other SW had gone to the moss and didnt believe us when we told him we had won.

i think the southport 78 has to be about the best, fantastic scenes of ecstacy on a very packed golf road

but i am with you hughesy one of the most significant has to be BPA away oh and how we went mad after all the time wasting and having to put our subs as ball boys behind the goal. seam to remember our fans being called a disgrace that day but it all appeared to be fervent support for an honorable cause.

the equaliser at vics this year was also a cheeky little number as i thought we would not have scored if we played for two weeks

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 05:09:56 PM »

For some reason, possibly the first relegation fight and due to a horrible display of gamesmanship and time wasting from Yeovil, I seem to remember being absolutely ecstatic at a last gasp Paul France header at the Chequers end. Won 1-0 in 93-94 I think, Kings return had galvanised us. I think, I may need Cult/Flynny confirmation.

Ballers,

Saturday, 19th March 1994.

I remember it well.

Darren Heesom floated in a perfect cross from a free kick on the right wing and up popped Paul France with a glancing header at the far post.
I recall dancing around in the main stand when that one went in!

After a miserable home defeat against Witton Albion in February 1994, we looked destined for relegation.
However, Rowlands was axed; King returned....and the dreaded drop was dodged successfully.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 05:18:43 PM »

Here's another one that's just come back to me....

Tuesday, 5th September 1995
Southport...1  Altrincham...2
Vauxhall Conference

Maunders had abandoned ship the previous May....and our first five league matches had only seen us gain two points.

1-0 down at Southport in the incessant rain...and it was looking grim.

Suddenly, a comedy own goal by a Southport defender gifts us an equaliser.

Then, in the dying seconds, the almost unthinkable happens....
Mick Carmody launches a 30 yard thunderbolt that crashes into the net via the underside of the crossbar...right in front of the away supporters.
Cue: moments of utter delirium and frantic running down the terracing at the open end....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

louise1925

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 05:24:17 PM »

It was about twenty years ago and one of the first Alty games I ever attended. We were one down at home to Stafford (I think). Our strike force consisted of Timmons and Stewart, who may very well have been good players, but on the day in question, didn't look like they could hit a barn door between them. My dad got so annoyed that we left a couple of minutes early, only to get home and find we'd won 2-1 on ceefax. Still to this day think the whole thing was just a dream, or a misprint!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 05:29:20 PM »

That Stafford game is a good call.One of the goals was an absolute screamer by Mick Farrelly & we were so bad that it was almost embarassing to win the game.

Butty

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 05:41:50 PM »

i remember hussin's hand of god against droylesden well. we had a corner n i was ballboying in the corner that we took the corner from n i remember seeing eddie just looking ready to do something special and i remember saying to pottsy as i gave him the ball "straight on eddie's head". just that he has a hand growing out of his head that goal sent me abseloutly mad maybe not the most important goals but, considering the (small time) rivalry as locals, one of the best for it's cheekiness

louise1925

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 09:59:44 PM »

Is that the game where the entire Droylsden team rushed to the linesman at the end and some big guy called Cameron got a great deal of stick from Alty fans? One of the funniest moments I recall at Alty.

Butty

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 10:02:16 PM »

yep loved that moment ;D

louise1925

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 10:08:03 PM »

To be fair to Cameron, he took the stick with a smile on his face.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 07:42:57 AM »

The next one.
Full time and proud of it

Jacobs

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 08:22:12 AM »

Everyone says we dont score that many but this thread outlines we have our fair share

Please enjoy my top 5 not in any order

1 - Harris against Hyde 99 - 1-0 down at home to title rivals only for a misjudged Robertson Corner to level it up then time for a bomber slotter
2 - Ellender against Guisley 98-99 season - In our formidable Run of form over Christmas a tight match again at the top was settled by a scrappy Ellender bundler.
3 - BPA Away 04-05 - Both Goals, loved em, the funniest bit was watching Chrissy Adams and George Melling cuff the right winger before celebrating in a mass 50 man pile on. Roll on the play offs
4 - Northwich 99-00 - Dicky slotter
5 - Worksop 03-04 - the Ian Craney show, only velcro foot did it again, two sublime goals the latest goal he skipped past three before slotting a cheaky shot past the oncoming keeper

And for good measure a sixth

Whitby away 03-04 -  Elvis returns, after turning up when were two nil up and cruising to being bemused at half time when a car was on the pitch with their manager in it, to then going two all, only for Marcus to tap in whilst holding the post.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 09:47:54 AM »

i remember the abuse aimed towards the droylsden right back when hussin scored that goal ! it was me pmsl ! he pissed me off so i told him to shut up, he then decided to turn round and call me a prick, so of course i obliged by sending a volley of abuse back, the last quote was something about meeting him after the game, the big fairy ! o i did have a larf !

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 01:32:55 PM »

Can't believe nobody mentioned Alty v Scarborough in the FA cup first round in 1965-6 (perhaps it's cos I'm an old git?!) and the avalanche of goals at the end of the game when the pressure finally told on them.
Pat Connolly got one goal in the first half I think but King Jack got 5 - one about the hour mark and 4 in the last six minutes (2 of which were in the last minute!).
Being greed b*****ds, I remember us chanting "we want five", then changing it to "we want six" and having to change that to "we want seven" in mid-verse!
Happy, happy days.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your favourite 90th minute Alty goals.....