Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your favourite Alty goal that you thought would never come.

Author Topic: Your favourite Alty goal that you thought would never come.  (Read 3639 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Following on from the previous thread, what's your favourite Alty goal when we've just never looked like scoring. I don't mean like McKenna v Kettering when pressure was building, I mean when we've not even had an attack and your resigned to losing and then somehow we fluke one.

It's harder to remember thtan you think but I'll go with a couple from last season.

Joe v Northwich, we'd averaged an attack about oce every 17 mins during the match. If ever a first goal had decided a stale match that was it.

I also didn't see where we'd score at Burton until their rightback slip let in LEwis.

Anyway, Forest Green away, 2-0 down with a reserve side out, God this is tedious....

In fact FGR at home as well, the 1st equaliser was always possible but at 2-1 down I thought it was doen adn dustes til Val popped up.

And obviously Asa at Oxford as well..

Ideas 4 Alty

Re: Your favourite Alty goal that you thought would never come.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 09:14:10 AM »

The last minute own goal at Doncaster in 1999 after we'd had absolutely no shots in the entire game.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 04:05:40 PM »

I have to agree with that one, but have to say I think it was a about the 83rd min  ::)
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 04:08:45 PM »

when talbs scored in the last minute against southport 05 -06 to make it one all we were awful that day and i cant really recall having any decent chances,top moment though

altyf

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 04:38:14 PM »

Bradford PA 2-1, they were pretty low in the table and basically we looked as if we had no chance of anything then val pops up with a screamer and rodders!!!! not just 1 goal that i never thought was coming but TWO!!! unbelievable celebrations aswell, i remember peggin it down the steps n jumping on the pitch!!!

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »

it seemd like all the Alty were on the pitch that day.  I had my eldest son on my shoulders (he'd have been 5 at the time) - he loved it!

altyf

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 08:27:20 PM »

it seemd like all the Alty were on the pitch that day.  I had my eldest son on my shoulders (he'd have been 5 at the time) - he loved it!
im sure he did
wild celebrations, and i bet no other fans have celebrated so much at BPA.........strange to think how important it was, these days the important matches are at the likeof oxford....slight difference...there will of course be bg matches at the likes of histon and farsley as well though and i suppose thats not exactly in a different league from BPA

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 10:33:33 AM »

Donacaster for me with Jason Gallagher celebrating as though he scored it just cos he was the only player in their half (and that was only just  ;D ;D)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your favourite Alty goal that you thought would never come.