PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Wealdstone Match Thread  (Read 17019 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wealdstone Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2021, 05:05:47 PM »

Finding someone who can finish all the chances we create is our main problem

How many times must this be said?
I can't believe the management can't see the problem when all the fans can.
I can only think there must be a lot going on behind the scenes, up to now, unproductively.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2021, 05:23:48 PM »

Our red card appeal has been rejected, see main site

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2021, 05:37:49 PM »

Staggered.

3 game ban. Is that because we appealed it or the viewed seriousness of the foul?
Full time and proud of it

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2021, 06:01:08 PM »

Staggered.

3 game ban. Is that because we appealed it or the viewed seriousness of the foul?

It was not a dangerous tackle, he was in control and he was not the last man: that is not a red card!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2021, 06:30:53 PM »

I can only think there must be a lot going on behind the scenes, up to now, unproductively.

Problem is I think they can. We've been very lucky over the years with Little then Reeves then Hulme (to a lesser extent) Little and Reeves especially were top strikers for us and probably could've walked into a lot of conference sides. I think it is a case of having to take a chance on a striker and see if they "come good" as any national league level established 20 goal a season striker isn't realistically going to join Altrincham unfortunately.   

So, we're left with a loan option, finding a player at a lower level who's scoring regularly and hoping he makes the step up or finding a player that's dropped out of professional football and taking a chance on them.

Dinanga might still be that player. He looks sharp, makes all the right runs into space and can hold up the ball better than some I've seen us sign but his end product hasn't been up to scratch yet. His one goal might have been an ok start but we've all seen the chances created in our first few games and he should have had more from that service in my opinion. I will say that I've seen enough to say that he deserves some more time but we really need to start putting chances away now or we'll start to make things difficult for ourselves again.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2021, 07:00:23 PM »

It's a great post by Inter Alty. Our problem has been and I suspect will continue to be, putting the ball in the net. In my humble opinion, we still haven't got that person.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2021, 08:02:16 PM »

Staggered.

It was not a dangerous tackle, he was in control and he was not the last man: that is not a red card!

He took the man out very forcefully after the ball had gone. One player had already been carted off to hospital with a broken leg. He's got a few weeks off now to reflect on his actions.

andrewflynn

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2021, 08:14:30 PM »

Let’s not forget that it took Jordan Hulme five games to get his first goal for Alty. He started life as a Robin with 1 in 7.

Parky said he wanted to create an environment for Marcus Dinanga where he feels like the main man, as he did with Hulme, as it’s what some strikers need to find their confidence and swagger.

You don’t do that by dropping him after four games, especially as he’s largely been in the right places and contributed well to games overall.

Give him time, and trust that the management are well positioned to make the switch for Leitch-Smith if they feel Dinanga is costing us points.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2021, 08:58:17 PM »

Don't think Dinanga spent the majority of pre-season in Ibiza
Full time and proud of it

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2021, 09:23:25 PM »

I was struck on Saturday by how many crosses from the byline were pulled back behind Marcus into lots of space around the penalty spot. Marcus had gambled on getting into the six yard box but that wasn’t where the ball was going, but he was creating a lot of space but without Hancock we didn’t have a natural no 10 using that space.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2021, 09:40:35 PM »

I was struck on Saturday by how many crosses from the byline were pulled back behind Marcus into lots of space around the penalty spot. Marcus had gambled on getting into the six yard box but that wasn’t where the ball was going, but he was creating a lot of space but without Hancock we didn’t have a natural no 10 using that space.

Perhaps with Hancock in the team, it will benefit Dinanga and Hanks?
I hope so.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2021, 02:06:38 PM »

Problem is I think they can. We've been very lucky over the years with Little then Reeves then Hulme (to a lesser extent) Little and Reeves especially were top strikers for us and probably could've walked into a lot of conference sides. I think it is a case of having to take a chance on a striker and see if they "come good" as any national league level established 20 goal a season striker isn't realistically going to join Altrincham unfortunately.   

So, we're left with a loan option, finding a player at a lower level who's scoring regularly and hoping he makes the step up or finding a player that's dropped out of professional football and taking a chance on them.

Dinanga might still be that player. He looks sharp, makes all the right runs into space and can hold up the ball better than some I've seen us sign but his end product hasn't been up to scratch yet. His one goal might have been an ok start but we've all seen the chances created in our first few games and he should have had more from that service in my opinion. I will say that I've seen enough to say that he deserves some more time but we really need to start putting chances away now or we'll start to make things difficult for ourselves again.

Excellent post.
Have an imaginary Goodwin! 😉

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2021, 09:49:38 PM »

Majority were kosylo who was getting the byline when he was playing in the 10.
It's all my fault.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2021, 05:04:14 AM »

Maybe been said before, but Chesterfield can afford to sign proven goal scorers like Asante. We can't. We just have to take a chance on players, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I'm sure it's not from want of trying. Stockport have less points per game than us and they get 3 times the crowds we do. I've said it for years, but people need to be realistic about what we can do at this level. Average crowds are higher than our crowds when we won the APL in 1979-80 (1,945, way more than Rochdale were getting towards the end of that season), and we've never come close to that level of support since. Maybe people who started watching in the 60's/70's/80's like V of D (God rest him), or in recent years have different expectations, but I personally first started getting heavily involved with the club after the debacle of 1994-95, and I am just glad we have a solvent club at NL level
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 05:11:03 AM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2021, 05:14:09 AM »

Maybe been said before, but Chesterfield can afford to sign proven goal scorers like Asante. We can't. We just have to take a chance on players, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I'm sure it's not from want of trying. Stockport have less points per game than us and they get 3 times the crowds we do. I've said it for years, but people need to be realistic about what we can do at this level. Average crowds are higher than our crowds when we won the APL in 1979-80 (1,945, way more than Rochdale were getting towards the end of that season), and we've never come close to that level of support since. Maybe people who started watching in the 60's/70's/80's like V of D (God rest him), or in recent years have different expectations, but I personally first started getting heavily involved with the club after the debacle of 1994-95, and I am just glad we have a solvent club at NL level

P.S. for what it's worth, from what I've seen, I have no argument with the sending off, and I hope he will learn from this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread