PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Wealdstone Match Thread  (Read 16798 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Wealdstone Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2021, 07:22:04 AM »

Finding someone who can finish all the chances we create is our main problem

How many times must this be said?
I can't believe the management can't see the problem when all the fans can.
I can only think there must be a lot going on behind the scenes, up to now, unproductively.

Maybe been said before, but Chesterfield can afford to sign proven goal scorers like Asante.
We can't. We just have to take a chance on players, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I'm sure it's not from want of trying. Stockport have less points per game than us and they get 3 times the crowds we do. I've said it for years, but people need to be realistic about what we can do at this level. Average crowds are higher than our crowds when we won the APL in 1979-80 (1,945, way more than Rochdale were getting towards the end of that season), and we've never come close to that level of support since. Maybe people who started watching in the 60's/70's/80's like V of D (God rest him), or in recent years have different expectations, but I personally first started getting heavily involved with the club after the debacle of 1994-95, and I am just glad we have a solvent club at NL level

x3

Asante
Rowe
Tshimanga

Probably combined earn more than the bulk of our squad, too.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2021, 07:30:39 AM »

All at Chesterfield? Shows what we're up against!

I'm not saying we can't do it over the next few years, but make no mistake, if we do get promotion, or even finish top 7, it's a massive achievement.

andrewflynn

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2021, 03:59:30 PM »

All at Chesterfield? Shows what we're up against!

I'm not saying we can't do it over the next few years, but make no mistake, if we do get promotion, or even finish top 7, it's a massive achievement.

Yep, they also have Stefan Payne and Tom Denton on their books. Quite ridiculous really.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2021, 05:20:14 PM »

I believe they were successful when they applied for a loan last season. Both Chesterfield and Stockport have to pay rent to use their grounds. That's an expense we don't have.
Our crowds were starting to improve when Covid struck.
I think the one thing that would put some players off is the infrastructure. A plan is in place to address that so hopefully we will have a ground that is as good as all the ex league teams we seem to be playing.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2021, 02:01:44 AM »

Darlington are still paying rent aren't they? They could end up going down at this rate. Have they any plans to get their own ground? Is moving back to that "white elephant" stadium at all likely, or is that never going to happen now? (And by the way, what did happen to Chris Senior? :) )

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2021, 07:35:24 AM »

Darlington are still paying rent aren't they? They could end up going down at this rate. Have they any plans to get their own ground? Is moving back to that "white elephant" stadium at all likely, or is that never going to happen now? (And by the way, what did happen to Chris Senior? :) )
I think sadly now so much time has passed we will never know
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread