PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maidenhead Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Maidenhead Match Thread  (Read 10776 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Maidenhead Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2021, 10:19:13 PM »

I heard that Colclough tested positive but before he had been in contact with anyone else.

I've got to disagree re Dinanga. I thought he was as good as that other centre forward we used to have. OK he didn't score but he put himself about and held up the ball when necessary. Justified his place in my opinion.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2021, 01:02:02 AM »

Pringle was by far the best player on the pitch in that first half, perhaps faded in the second but it's great to know we have players of similar quality ready to step in.

Where was Ryan Colclough, by the way?

I heard that he has tested positive for Covid-19.

If that's the case are we facing another fortnight off? If not, what was the last lot about?

Here we go again. It's a pity that stuff like this is threatening to spoil what could be a great season.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2021, 08:57:35 AM »

Spoke to Andy White yesterday. Recovered after his ankle op only to get another knock in training. Sods law. I though that Tom Peers made a difference when he came on. Full of running and took his goal well. SBL

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2021, 11:23:53 AM »

We stuck to the task yesterday, finally broke them down with due to lack of height, low crosses well met by Matty and Peersy. Thought subs yesterday were excellent, peersy especially made a huge difference, so wanted his goal.

Special mention to Shaun, thought he was superb yesterday, with little match fitness and playing much recently.

Overall, great squad effort.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2021, 01:02:13 PM »

I believe their manager is Alan Devonshire. What a top player in his day and that's from a Spurs fan!! SBL

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2021, 02:03:21 PM »

I believe their manager is Alan Devonshire. What a top player in his day and that's from a Spurs fan!! SBL

Newton Abbot Spurs? That's an odd second team!
Would never have guessed it after our long chat at Winsford several years ago 🙄👍
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2021, 02:13:23 PM »

A very decent player who was rejected by Crystal Palace because of his short stature. He was driving a forklift at the Hoover factory and playing part time in the Isthmian League for Southall when West Ham paid a measly £5K for him. Despite injuries blighting his career, he won 8 England caps and an FA Cup winner's medal, finishing his career at Watford. There aren't many (any ?) at this level to match that level of achievement.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2021, 03:57:10 PM »

Yes, capped for England......something nobody can ever take away from you.

As you say....not many managers at this level can say this.....Tim Flowers, Didi Hamman.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 03:59:42 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2021, 11:09:29 PM »

A very decent player who was rejected by Crystal Palace because of his short stature. He was driving a forklift at the Hoover factory and playing part time in the Isthmian League for Southall when West Ham paid a measly £5K for him. Despite injuries blighting his career, he won 8 England caps and an FA Cup winner's medal, finishing his career at Watford. There aren't many (any ?) at this level to match that level of achievement.

I bet that job sucked!

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2021, 07:17:17 AM »

I bet that job sucked!
He was too small to be a sweeper 😉

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2021, 08:05:02 AM »

After Palace he had to dust himself off. SBL :) :) :)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2021, 01:31:41 PM »

Wasn't Mr. Coburn rejected by Palace for the same reason?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2021, 08:22:16 PM »

Wasn't Mr. Coburn rejected by Palace for the same reason?

Was that Leicester?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maidenhead Match Thread