PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tommy Tommy Peers
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tommy Tommy Peers  (Read 6117 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tommy Tommy Peers
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2021, 10:57:00 AM »

As I've said on numerous platforms, I have no issue Tom being 2nd/3rd choice striker and being used as impact player.

Him regularly starting in the conference isn't the answer but long may Tom come on, run tired defenders ragged and chip in with goals.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2021, 04:19:10 PM »

But what about Brad Jackson ? Need I remind you that he see up both goals on Saturday ? I'd consider Colclough in the hole.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2021, 05:24:26 PM »

Thought Colclough was out with the lurgy?
As for Jackson, he's got to feature, but probably off the bench?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2021, 05:42:05 PM »

But what about Brad Jackson ? Need I remind you that he see up both goals on Saturday ? I'd consider Colclough in the hole.

He's a good back up player but should never play full back.
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2021, 06:18:57 PM »

Brad Jackson is a very good winger who can play full back when necessar

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2021, 06:22:41 PM »

There's a huge difference between playing him for 90, 45 and 15 minutes to fill a gap at fullback

He was poor at times against Wealdstone, Grimsby hardly pulled up trees. He looked much more like the player we signed in his cameo on Saturday.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 06:55:22 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2021, 07:01:27 PM »

Extremely odd to make an overall judgement on Brad Jackson based on his appearances as an emergency full back (where I personally think he’s done ok). He’s played all of ten minutes for us in his natural position and was absolutely superb.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2021, 07:39:43 PM »

Extremely odd to make an overall judgement on Brad Jackson based on his appearances as an emergency full back (where I personally think he’s done ok). He’s played all of ten minutes for us in his natural position and was absolutely superb.

Exactly.

He was Colin Potts-esque when he came on against Maidenhead United.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2021, 08:42:13 PM »

There's a huge difference between playing him for 90, 45 and 15 minutes to fill a gap at fullback

He was poor at times against Wealdstone, Grimsby hardly pulled up trees. He looked much more like the player we signed in his cameo on Saturday.

Ultimately though Jack, the gap is where the gap is. With Dens and Hampson not fully fit and Fitzpatrick going off injured twice we’re lacking a full back. I don’t think there’s really and option (perhaps try Dens at left back). Which is a shame because I think Senior and Mooney down the right flank is our best offensive weapon (Colclough isn’t arsed about his fullback overlapping him) and having Jackson to come on late as an out and out winger would be great.

But we are still at the stage where money is an object, if not the problem it has been in some respects, and there’s going to have to be a bit of balancing going on.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2021, 09:31:52 PM »

Is it odd to say I don't want a winger playing full back?

I said he looked like the player we'd signed on Saturday (in his natural position) but he shouldn't be playing full back.

Just like playing Tom Peers at RW, Mallarky in CM or Kosylo in 10 is detrimental to their individual performances.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 09:35:20 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2021, 10:28:07 PM »

I said he looked like the player we'd signed on Saturday (in his natural position) but he shouldn't be playing full back.

Just like playing Tom Peers at RW, Mallarky in CM or Kosylo in 10 is detrimental to their individual performances.

Nobody wants him playing there, I’d imagine - not him, not Phil, nobody. But with all the injury problems at fullback, needs must and Phil judged him to be the best available option. I think it is odd to object to it in those circumstances and odder still to hold it against Jackson in general as you seem to have done.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2021, 08:42:36 AM »

Looks like Brad Jackson might be this season's Dan Mooney, who seemed to be written off last season.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who checked the Chester thread when JJ first signed, to see how we was getting on - unanimously, they couldn't believe how far he was off the ability of their other winger, Brad Jackson - who was one of the first names on their team sheet before his injuries.

He'll be a great signing for us - particularly when games are stretched - he has JJ's pace, but with the build to at least put it about a bit too.

What a squad we have shaping up now.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2021, 11:21:44 AM »

Nobody wants him playing there, I’d imagine - not him, not Phil, nobody. But with all the injury problems at fullback, needs must and Phil judged him to be the best available option. I think it is odd to object to it in those circumstances and odder still to hold it against Jackson in general as you seem to have done.

I haven't held it against him anywhere. If you follow the thread, there was a comment, the thread was on Peers, who I've held the same opinion of for 18 months (useful. Sqaud player shouldn't start on the wing and shouldn't start weekly upfront), Jackson was asked about.

LIKE Peers our reliance in a sqaure peg round hole is a concern, he's a solid winger.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tommy Tommy Peers