Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anyone know what team United will send on Wednesday?

Author Topic: Anyone know what team United will send on Wednesday?  (Read 4400 times)

baldrick

« on: July 16, 2007, 08:26:13 PM »

Will they include anyone we have ever heard of or is it just kids? The first team are on a money making mission in Japan so i don't suppose we will see Rooney or Ronaldo. It would be good to see at least a few squad players but somehow i doubt it. Also, any update on season tickets? They seem to be dragging this out a bit too long.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know what team United will send on Wednesday?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 08:33:38 PM »

Season tickets already at the club available for collection, as I did mine today, and I think may be on the verge of being posted out.

Maybe anyone who has ordered one could collect it at Wednesday friendly and save the club £50 or so on the postage.  :)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 08:42:16 PM »

Will they include anyone we have ever heard of or is it just kids? The first team are on a money making mission in Japan so i don't suppose we will see Rooney or Ronaldo. It would be good to see at least a few squad players but somehow i doubt it.

United are in asia for their pre season kick about this year. So suppose it will mainly be a youth/reserve/return from injury type squad. Hopefully there will be a big name to attract the fans.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 09:06:21 PM »

As was the case with the Hyde United v Man Utd X1 on saturday, you would imagine it will be a mixture of

this
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={A4EE59F6-31C1-4AAB-8038-9EF74A45166F}

And this

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={2A52DED8-5A59-4A65-BA93-FF15E0D88CF4}

Any any fringe first team squad members who havent travelled to the far east.

As is usually the case when a United side visit, I expect a decent crowd for a friendly and who knows what the score might be,they have been so different over the years! Am I right in thinking this is the first United side to visit since 2003? I remember beckham scoring a beauty one year from near the half way line in a 1-1 draw and also one year a really big crowd (flynny might be able to provide figures) when scholes and a few otehr "faces" played

altyf

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 09:09:26 PM »

I remember losing to United in friendly few years ago when Scholes scored the only goal!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 10:11:24 PM »

Hughesey-I think the crowd was about 1100 for the game in which Paul Scholes played & scored in 1999.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 11:29:29 PM »

The one that Beckham played and scored in was a week before he scored his halfway goal at Wimbledon (Selhurst Park) and made it big. Whatever season that was, 96-97?

His goal was a delicate chip into the top corner from 25 yards at the Golf Road end.

Alex

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 08:25:41 AM »

i rekon it will be mostly the reserve team that plays with cathcart and richie jones bieng the only players with first team experience. still should be a good turn out and we'll see the rooneys and ronaldos when we play them in the 3rd round of the cup  ::)

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 12:16:59 PM »

Play 'em. Beat 'em.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 09:07:33 PM »

Hughesey-I think the crowd was about 1100 for the game in which Paul Scholes played & scored in 1999.

Blimey, pretty regulation crowd for these days, it seems such a big crowd back then! Shows how far we've come!

Altysmiffy

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 10:28:06 PM »

i rekon it will be mostly the reserve team that plays with cathcart and richie jones bieng the only players with first team experience. still should be a good turn out and we'll see the rooneys and ronaldos when we play them in the 3rd round of the cup  ::)

Maybe the Evans brothers. One is a N Ireland international & the other is signing full terms on his birthday.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 10:31:39 PM »

Saha and Neville  ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team