News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 O/t development squad

Author Topic: O/t development squad  (Read 2517 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
O/t development squad
« on: October 12, 2021, 03:04:14 PM »

Now I know I'm getting on a bit but can some kind person explain the structure beneath the first team? I'm a bit confused.
My understanding is that the U17s are called the development squad and feed the U18s which is the youth team which in turn feeds the reserves.
Where does the Academy fit into this?
Also, are my assumptions above correct?
Thanks in advance to any respondents!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: O/t development squad
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 05:51:33 PM »

Now I know I'm getting on a bit but can some kind person explain the structure beneath the first team? I'm a bit confused.
My understanding is that the U17s are called the development squad and feed the U18s which is the youth team which in turn feeds the reserves.
Saughall I believe your assumptions are correct above and then the Academy is a learning educational course and the club receive funding and other benefits for running it, whilst players play in the week for the academy I would imagine they can partake in the Youth setup if selected and the reserve's for that matter.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: O/t development squad
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 05:53:32 PM »

Saughall I believe your assumptions are correct above and then the Academy is a learning educational course and the club receive funding and other benefits for running it, whilst players play in the week for the academy I would imagine they can partake in the Youth setup if selected and the reserve's for that matter.

Thanks Dave! 😉 👍
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 O/t development squad