PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ground safety work
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: ground safety work  (Read 42640 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ground safety work
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2021, 05:52:04 PM »

It was toxic in there today. Security & stewards from all over the North West,who were rude and chaotic in their manner. No interest at all in the club.
I was moved 4 times in the first half and wasn't blocking any exit or at the front.
It is so sad and this has all come from a letter within the club. The coward should have the bottle to identify themselves. This is killing us. I am not going back until we are allowed over 3k because I am that angry/upset about it all.
That game should have been switched and any others should until this shower of sh*t passes.
The terraces look as if they have had some pointing work done and that's it.
I was told the security is costing us thousands. Really upsetting.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2021, 06:24:07 PM »

It was toxic in there today. Security & stewards from all over the North West,who were rude and chaotic in their manner. No interest at all in the club.
I was moved 4 times in the first half and wasn't blocking any exit or at the front.
It is so sad and this has all come from a letter within the club. The coward should have the bottle to identify themselves. This is killing us. I am not going back until we are allowed over 3k because I am that angry/upset about it all.
That game should have been switched and any others should until this shower of sh*t passes.

This is absolutely spot on. Agree with all of it.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2021, 06:25:49 PM »

Agree 100% too.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2021, 06:40:09 PM »

Going forward the club should advertise for there own stewards and SIA staff now they are paying people. probably to short notice before. The good thing about using outside agencies is if you need more they can supply them at short notice, But i do think the club should have their own core of trained stewards and SIA licensed staff.

As per the safety procedures when i was Safety officer i had to update them and rewrite a lot took me most of the summer.
@AltyDaz

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2021, 07:01:39 PM »

Going forward the club should advertise for there own stewards and SIA staff now they are paying people. probably to short notice before. The good thing about using outside agencies is if you need more they can supply them at short notice, But i do think the club should have their own core of trained stewards and SIA licensed staff.

As per the safety procedures when i was Safety officer i had to update them and rewrite a lot took me most of the summer.

Totally agree.

I would suggest one of the Director's role should be to concentrate on ground safety and stewarding.
Pay someone to come and do in-house training to those who want to be there as Stewards, not people who love the power and create drama.
We need to have our own team of security and Steward's moving forward. More of them and trained to the standard required.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 07:04:39 PM by oneedham »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2021, 07:20:52 PM »

I have posted on the Facebook page . The way I was treated today by a steward was abhorrent
ParkINson's red and white army

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 27, 2021, 07:33:54 PM »

Surely the security will be an ongoing requirement?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2021, 07:55:10 PM »

absolutely it will be part of the changes required for full attendance . We need it no doubt about that . But to be manhandled for no reason is not acceptable .

T.C

« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2021, 07:56:56 PM »

I agree with most things said. I'm a season ticket holder but will not be attending again with these restrictions, stewards telling people to move all the time and into areas where there was no room. AS someone shouted what hapend to distancing. Cramming  people into such a small area is NOT a safe approach , Why are we no longer allowed along the perimeter fence, have never seen this present any problems before. Absolutely pissed off with it, it is costing us in every way on and off the pitch

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2021, 07:57:17 PM »

absolutely it will be part of the changes required for full attendance . We need it no doubt about that . But to be manhandled for no reason is not acceptable .

He was a proper nob.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2021, 08:00:34 PM »

I very much doubt the league would agree on switching the fixture.
They wouldn’t let us Postpone a game due to COVID ffs

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2021, 08:41:06 PM »

I agree with most things said. I'm a season ticket holder but will not be attending again with these restrictions, stewards telling people to move all the time and into areas where there was no room. AS someone shouted what hapend to distancing. Cramming  people into such a small area is NOT a safe approach , Why are we no longer allowed along the perimeter fence, have never seen this present any problems before. Absolutely pissed off with it, it is costing us in every way on and off the pitch
I completely agree with this post . Very very sad times

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2021, 10:25:53 PM »

spot on this mate

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2021, 11:01:45 PM »

The treatment of the Alty fans today was an utter disgrace and I shan't be going again until this is sorted; having discussed how things played out with others who were there, I expect they will feel the same way this evening.
    Today:
    i) saw stewards repeatedly threatening to remove a group of lads from the ground for standing too near to a fence
    ii) saw a steward manhandle a chap who questioned how he could move to the area by the CH that was already packed
    iii) saw stewards instruct people into areas where close contact was inevitable and merely shrug when this was pointed out

The atmosphere where I was standing was febrile.
    The stewarding today was over-the-top and deeply unpleasant.
    I've experienced some shabby treatment when I've travelled to away grounds, but honestly, I don't think I've ever been as pissed off as I was today at ML.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 11:04:07 PM by Mrs Trellis »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 27, 2021, 11:24:09 PM »

The treatment of the Alty fans today was an utter disgrace and I shan't be going again until this is sorted; having discussed how things played out with others who were there, I expect they will feel the same way this evening.
    Today:
    i) saw stewards repeatedly threatening to remove a group of lads from the ground for standing too near to a fence
    ii) saw a steward manhandle a chap who questioned how he could move to the area by the CH that was already packed
    iii) saw stewards instruct people into areas where close contact was inevitable and merely shrug when this was pointed out

The atmosphere where I was standing was febrile.
    The stewarding today was over-the-top and deeply unpleasant.
    I've experienced some shabby treatment when I've travelled to away grounds, but honestly, I don't think I've ever been as pissed off as I was today at ML.
it was myself that was manhandled for simply asking how I could stand in an already full area . I fully concur with your post . I have never seen anything like it before at moss lane
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ground safety work