PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SOUTHEND TICKETS SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: SOUTHEND TICKETS SOLD OUT  (Read 15335 times)

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: SOUTHEND TICKETS SOLD OUT
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2021, 06:40:45 AM »

:-X

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2021, 08:24:25 AM »

Glad we're not out on the chequers end given the forecast
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2021, 09:07:04 AM »

... and now we have a decent pitch, we can't expect the weather to get us a handy postponement.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2021, 09:29:30 AM »

... and now we have a decent pitch, we can't expect the weather to get us a handy postponement.
was thinking the same...

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2021, 09:34:00 AM »

Having read and digested the club statement and a reply from a councillor to an Alty fan, the issue now will be getting the inspector to attend the ground and sign off the repairs I assume. Likely he wasn't available at short notice to attend the ground as will have other appointments scheduled in...

Personally would have set the meeting up prior and strived to get the repair's done in time.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2021, 09:47:20 AM »

Having read and digested the club statement and a reply from a councillor to an Alty fan, the issue now will be getting the inspector to attend the ground and sign off the repairs I assume. Likely he wasn't available at short notice to attend the ground as will have other appointments scheduled in...

Personally would have set the meeting up prior and strived to get the repair's done in time.

If the will is there to get something done, 99% of the time people find a way.

Come on The Council, or whomever.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2021, 10:18:25 AM »

Hi Dave, without trawling the forum to read the councillors reply, could you cut and paste it and post or point me in the right direction please? Cheers fella.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2021, 10:29:52 AM »

we couldn't even get a postponement when we had most of the team out for the covid farce .....😬🤮😳
ParkINson's red and white army

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2021, 10:41:23 AM »

we couldn't even get a postponement when we had most of the team out for the covid farce .....😬🤮😳
Everybody hates us..........

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2021, 10:43:45 AM »

Everybody hates us..........
literally the no one likes us song has never been more apt

andrewflynn

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2021, 10:45:58 AM »

This fixture should have been switched. I'm not going to take this as an opportunity to club bash because I do believe that we are doing everything we can to make this work, but I can't help but feel that 8 working days to get the work done, reviewed and signed off was cutting it fine. That's from the outside looking in, though. It just seems that these types of things always involve a lot of dragged feet.

Trafford Council needs to post a warts and all account of proceedings for their own sake, if it's legal to do so when this is all ongoing. We need their side of this. Andrew Western has said in an email to a fan that he has reviewed the processes and procedures that are being followed and he is happy with them. From their side, it would appear that there's far more to it than we are letting on. Just how bad is it, then, if that's the case? We can take it. We know the ground is old and tired. It would be far less damaging to our reputation to publicise that fact than to have us messing around with fans, both loyal and floating, who deserve answers - not least because many are members of the electorate that vote them in.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2021, 10:51:54 AM »

This fixture should have been switched.
Can see the sentiment, but I doubt that Southend would have agreed to at such short notice as it wouldn't have given them time to get their commercial side lined up. And that's assuming the league would have allowed it.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2021, 10:53:10 AM »

I dont think switching is a valid option.

Why would Southend agree to something when (as with Gateshead) they may benefit from the situation.
It would affect matchday operations - match sponsors etc
It could be argued that this is of our own making.

andrewflynn

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2021, 11:03:18 AM »

Can see the sentiment, but I doubt that Southend would have agreed to it at such short notice as it wouldn't have given them time to get their commercial side lined up. And that's assuming the league would have allowed it.

Short notice is only a problem at this stage. The request could have been logged at 9 am last Wednesday. Given the league accepted our move to Broadhurst Park last season I am sure that they would have at least entertained the idea and allowed us to put a case forward, a good case at that.

Southend and The National League have every right to reject the idea, and I agree that Southend may well have done so for the reasons Hemel Alty states, but we haven't even entertained it. I find that disappointing personally as it was a potential fix.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2021, 11:19:15 AM »

Can see the sentiment, but I doubt that Southend would have agreed to it at such short notice as it wouldn't have given them time to get their commercial side lined up. And that's assuming the league would have allowed it.

Short notice is only a problem at this stage. The request could have been logged at 9 am last Wednesday. Given the league accepted our move to Broadhurst Park last season I am sure that they would have at least entertained the idea and allowed us to put a case forward, a good case at that.

Southend and The National League have every right to reject the idea, and I agree that Southend may well have done so for the reasons Hemel Alty states, but we haven't even entertained it. I find that disappointing personally as it was a potential fix.
agree with this . You don't ask . You don't get
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SOUTHEND TICKETS SOLD OUT