PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SOUTHEND TICKETS SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: SOUTHEND TICKETS SOLD OUT  (Read 15298 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: SOUTHEND TICKETS SOLD OUT
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2021, 11:26:27 AM »

If it is to be played at the JDS, it could be an idea for season ticket holders to confirm their attendance by a certain time so that their places can be made available to others who may not have been able to go.
To start the process, myself and Mrs S will not be able to go so there's two seats more available.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2021, 11:34:48 AM »

If it is to be played at the JDS, it could be an idea for season ticket holders to confirm their attendance by a certain time so that their places can be made available to others who may not have been able to go.
To start the process, myself and Mrs S will not be able to go so there's two seats more available.
You would have to do it the other way around if it's possible at all. People who have already got a ticket which they have been told guarantees admission should not have to jump through another hoop to confirm this, if they were even aware of it with such short notice.

On the other hand, if people who have season or match tickets cannot attend, this would be a smaller number and they could contact the club to confirm this; it would have to be the club, as they are the ones selling tickets and controlling admission, but it would be another task for someone to manage.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2021, 11:49:19 AM »

100 quid each on ebay
ParkINson's red and white army

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2021, 03:38:33 PM »

As a season ticket holder, I do not want to be having to confirm my attendance at each game; I want to turn up without having to think about it. This would also cause additional admin for the club.

However, I welcome the idea of tickets not going to waste - so fans could obviously offer their tickets to mates if they can't attend or failing that, use this forum or social media to share tickets with other trusted fans.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2021, 05:27:39 PM »

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/news/articles/2021/20211126-Council-reduces-Altrincham-FC-capacity-following-serious-concerns-over-crowd-safety.aspx

Council reduces Altrincham FC capacity following serious concerns over crowd safety

Trafford Council has reduced the capacity at Altrincham FC following serious concerns over crowd safety.

The capacity was reduced after Council officers identified concerns with structural and safety arrangements at Altrincham FC’s Moss Lane stadium.

The reduction was put in place two weeks’ ago and will remain for Saturday’s game versus Southend United. However, the Council is in close contact with the club to ensure improvements to the ground are made before the capacity can go back to normal again.

A spokesperson for Trafford Council said:

“Trafford Council has taken the difficult decision to reduce the capacity at the stadium following safety concerns which were first raised with the club several weeks ago. The Council took the decision to reduce capacity to protect the safety of supporters. 

“Environmental Health Officers visited the ground due to issues that had been raised in relation to the safety of the Fan Zone. A full review of the stadium was undertaken which has identified further significant concerns with current safety arrangements.

“We are working closely with the club to ensure that the required improvements are undertaken to allow the capacity to increase as soon as it is safe to do so. Although these actions have come at a time when spectator numbers have increased at the club, safety must remain our number one priority.”

Posted on Friday 26th November 2021
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2021, 05:31:53 PM »

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/news/articles/2021/20211126-Council-reduces-Altrincham-FC-capacity-following-serious-concerns-over-crowd-safety.aspx

Council reduces Altrincham FC capacity following serious concerns over crowd safety

Trafford Council has reduced the capacity at Altrincham FC following serious concerns over crowd safety.

The capacity was reduced after Council officers identified concerns with structural and safety arrangements at Altrincham FC’s Moss Lane stadium.

The reduction was put in place two weeks’ ago and will remain for Saturday’s game versus Southend United. However, the Council is in close contact with the club to ensure improvements to the ground are made before the capacity can go back to normal again.

“Trafford Council has taken the difficult decision to reduce the capacity at the stadium following safety concerns which were first raised with the club several weeks ago. The Council took the decision to reduce capacity to protect the safety of supporters. 

“Environmental Health Officers visited the ground due to issues that had been raised in relation to the safety of the Fan Zone. A full review of the stadium was undertaken which has identified further significant concerns with current safety arrangements.

“We are working closely with the club to ensure that the required improvements are undertaken to allow the capacity to increase as soon as it is safe to do so. Although these actions have come at a time when spectator numbers have increased at the club, safety must remain our number one priority.”

Note to Trafford Botchup Council. The day I rely on you to look after my safety is the day I finally give up the will to live. I’ll leave it there. 🤬🤬🤬

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2021, 05:40:36 PM »

Note to Trafford Botchup Council. The day I rely on you to look after my safety is the day I finally give up the will to live. I’ll leave it there. 🤬🤬🤬
Trafford Roads are amongst the most dangerous in the UK, but nothing is done about them, shocking really.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2021, 05:47:53 PM »

I am so pleased that someone mentioned Trafford's 'roads' before me.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2021, 05:52:48 PM »

100 quid each on ebay
Would you accept £99?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2021, 08:34:52 PM »

One thing we notice walking down Queens road and  Stamford Park road to the ground is how uneven the footpaths are and the need to squeeze past trees on the footpaths which have risen up due the roots growing upwards.

Surely this is a more of a public safety problem than a few trip hazards in a football ground which is accessed on an average of about once a fortnight over the year.

I would be very interested to hear the councils thoughts on that one.. I won’t hold my breath for a response.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2021, 09:20:29 PM »

How do we know we didn’t ask for a switch of venue. Boot on the other foot I’d have been annoyed if they had tried to paint us as the bad guys for not agreeing to a switch. If I was Southend I’d rather play in front of a half empty home ground than a full one. Why would they possibly agree to put themselves out rearranging all their commercial deals just to remove an advantage they had. We are nice to other clubs generally and I don’t think even we would have done that at 2 or 3 weeks notice. Last season it was the only way to get games played and at the start of this season it was all arranged before the fixtures came out. Entirely different scenario

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2021, 10:58:27 PM »

I put in a Freedom of Information Request just after the sh*tstorm started. I've asked how many claims the Council have had in the past 12 months, how many were upheld, and how many involved them making a settlement.

Watch this space (eventually).

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2021, 10:14:09 AM »

What's the weather like in Alty today?
Overnight and at the moment it's like hurricane hylda down here.
Could the match be called off or has it calmed down a bit?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2021, 11:12:49 AM »

It could have been worse, Lacie is playing with a couple of layers on, for Altrincham Black Kites V the Red Kites in a friendly match.

Providing she does not get hypothermia, we will be there this pm. we are lucky, I have a season ticket and I bought Brooke and Lacie's as soon as they went on sale. From what I gathered though, we should be less restricted for the next game and back to normal for the Xmas schedules. Believe me I know from Lawrence at the party that it has been an absolute nightmare for all the board, and they have really done their best to help the supporters but their hands are tied. Working on more progress ongoing, from what they have already achieved.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2021, 11:17:15 AM »

Kites is most appropriate for this weather.
This is the first time I've ever hoped for a game to be cancelled.
Steve is right though, we are so lucky to have the people we have on the board at the moment. Through all this adversity, we should remember this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SOUTHEND TICKETS SOLD OUT