PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Southend Match Thread  (Read 8040 times)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Southend Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2021, 05:36:16 PM »

I've hardly ever been critical of PP but he really does need to learn that not starting with your best team is going to cost you at National level - we're not Evostik now.

Everyone knows the best starting 11 at 5 o'clock. People on here have been banging on about "Pringle must start" etc etc etc. Well today he did. We were just crap in the first half.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2021, 05:37:41 PM »

We seem to be conceding a lot of goals then end up chasing the game.

Porter has not at all impressed me. No influence on the game.

Kossy's distribution has been poor recently.

Need to be starting

TT

Senior
Hampson
Hannigan
Malarkey

Moult
Whittaker or Pringle

Mooney
Colclough
Kossy ( No.10 )
Hanks ( 9 )

Also Leitch-Smith no.9 with Hanks or Kossy no.10

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2021, 05:45:43 PM »

I agree with you and I expect quite a few others do too.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2021, 06:23:32 PM »

I've hardly ever been critical of PP but he really does need to learn that not starting with your best team is going to cost you at National level - we're not Evostik now.

Everyone knows the best starting 11 at 5 o'clock. People on here have been banging on about "Pringle must start" etc etc etc. Well today he did. We were just crap in the first half.

Sorry, I don't agree with this.

Clear patterns are emerging. Peers and Pringle are pretty much always best as impact subs. I like Pringle when he comes on but I have never seen him start well (which is a mystery tbh).

Mooney is (and has been all season) our most dangerous forward and as such should always start when fit. That's pretty obvious too.

The lad from Stoke. I'm not sure what he has contributed in his time with us, other than to be withdrawn at 2 down.

I said it at kick off to my lad, not at 5 o'clock. PP needs to learn or teams like Stockport and Wrexham will be out of sight by half time.

Credit to Southend though. They had a game plan and took advantage of our mistakes. I'd take their number 9 (Murphy?) in an instant. Dalby was very good too.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2021, 06:47:24 PM »

Sorry, I don't agree with this.

Clear patterns are emerging. Peers and Pringle are pretty much always best as impact subs. I like Pringle when he comes on but I have never seen him start well (which is a mystery tbh).

Mooney is (and has been all season) our most dangerous forward and as such should always start when fit. That's pretty obvious too.

The lad from Stoke. I'm not sure what he has contributed in his time with us, other than to be withdrawn at 2 down.

I said it at kick off to my lad, not at 5 o'clock. PP needs to learn or teams like Stockport and Wrexham will be out of sight by half time.

Credit to Southend though. They had a game plan and took advantage of our mistakes. I'd take their number 9 (Murphy?) in an instant. Dalby was very good too.

Yep, fair enough. I pretty much agree with your views on those Alty players. Just found the afternoon very frustrating overall, less so after an ale or two now.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2021, 07:05:39 PM »

;D ;D ;D
Me too!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2021, 07:22:13 PM »

Bad day at the office today.  I was one of the play Pringle fan club, but he didn’t have a good first half today and was rightly hooked at HT.

I thought had we scored the pen then we would have gone on to win the game.

Parkys face at the end said it all for me . He didn’t look very Happy at all

I didn’t think Southend were that good and thought we would have won today..

They do feign injury very easy.

Will be glad to be able to stand up again to watch the game. It was Baltic in that Main Stand.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2021, 07:24:14 PM »

I thought the rest of the team weren't on Pringle's wavelength. A bit like when we had JJ. Porter seems out of his depth. How did he get into the Stoke squad. I missed the first goal but apart from Mooney my MoM was Senior.

I thought Southend did a professional job on us to get the three points

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2021, 08:01:09 PM »

I thought Southend looked poor.

The goals we conceded were terrible. We switched off on both goals.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2021, 08:04:26 PM »

Bit surprised how ineffectual Ben Pringle was in the first half, and not sure he could be too surprised at being taken off. Obviously a very decent player, but you wonder how many starts he's going to have and you feel he's got to make the most of any he does, otherwise he will stay being an impact sub for most of the season. Personally I thought you could have taken off either Whitehead or Porter at half time, given I didn't think either really imposed themselves enough, and it needed the introduction of Moult for us to take control of the game in the 2nd half. Thought Senior had an excellent game and good to see Hampson as well. Fitness issues aside, its surprising that the players of the quality of Hancock and Mooney start on the bench. As for Southend thought they were an average team who took their chances in the 1st half and didn't do alot in the 2nd, apart from finding ways to waste time, helped by a referee who was as lenient, in this respect, as they come.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2021, 11:07:57 PM »

I think the disruption regarding the ground capacity is proving to be a distraction.  I've no doubt it affect them against Gateshead and, again, today.  Having been to the match at Chesterfield and seen their composure when 2-0 down, its clear that we've sacrificed any home advantage.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2021, 08:02:41 AM »

I thought the rest of the team weren't on Pringle's wavelength.

A strange conclusion - the other way round surely ?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2021, 10:29:59 AM »

I thought the rest of the team weren't on Pringle's wavelength.

A strange conclusion - the other way round surely ?

What I was trying to say is that some people think that Pringle adds something extra but he can only do that if the rest of the team recognise what he is going to do and respond accordingly. He did make some good driving runs through the middle yesterday but then they fizzled out because he was closed down before there was anyone available to pass to. Kosylo has the same problem at times.

Having said that Ithought some of his passing was poor and ambitious in the wind. I wasn't disappointed when he was subbed.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2021, 10:32:37 AM »

Very good after match interview with Parky

Concentration being the key..

Like he said, only the players can sort that.

Next stop Aldershot.

Onwards & Upwards

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2021, 10:58:01 AM »

Very good after match interview with Parky

Concentration being the key..

Like he said, only the players can sort that.

Next stop Aldershot.

Onwards & Upwards

We've a managed who used to teach psychology and lads have failed to turn up in any game since the restrictions kicked in.

Maybe he should concentrate on sorting that out now he's full time.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend Match Thread