PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grimsby Town match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Grimsby Town match thread  (Read 14378 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Grimsby Town match thread
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2022, 05:59:31 PM »

Our crowds have never been higher, we're regularly selling players. The fan zone should be a money maker. Grimsby had all they needed.

Sick of excuses

Hashtag what do you mean by Grimsby had all they needed?

We've had some decent attendances lately bolstered by some good away support. It will be interesting to see what the gate is on Saturday. There will be a few from Torquay but not many.
[/quote]

Ah sorry, they made a fan zone as there's only 1 pub near by plus the away bar, next to the ground they had some wasteland , painted the walls black and white, added a mobile bar and some picnic tables.

Its not winning any awards for interior design but it was filled with fans enjoying a beer, and probably making a decent bit of extra cash.

They had big grand graphics before it opened, looks nothing like them but I'm not sure fans cared as it was enough for now compared to what they had before.
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2022, 09:02:15 PM »

Thanks. It sounds cheap but fit for purpose.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2022, 09:29:01 PM »

Can we make the progress though?

Played last season with no crowds.
Crashed out of the FA Cup early.
Crashed out of the FA Trophy early.
Unbudgeted repairs to the ground
Capped attendances while the work was done
Unbudgeted security officials going forward

The money tree must be looking a bit bare by now.

Our crowds have never been higher, we're regularly selling players. The fan zone should be a money maker. Grimsby had all they needed.

Sick of excuses
do we have any indication of when the fan zone will open ??

Nope. I suspect it has been shelved.

Not to hijack the Grimsby thread for the Fan Zone but I'd suggest it's not too late to review the Fan Zone offering and perhaps strip the idea back into something more manageable and completable. Level the ground and bring a few trailer units in. Didn't really need much else.
yes sorry I probably should have asked the question in another thread . I agree with you the reality was so far off the designs it's become largely irrelevant. It can be functional for now and go from there
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2022, 09:32:18 PM »

I appreciate ever since 'For Sale' gate I might not be the most popular amongst our board, and around the club, but one of the projects I've worked on over the years is creating pop-up and permeant terraces for pubs and bars alongside our sales and events teams. During lockdown, I've never had to create as many spaces as possible; all whilst battling material problems.

I'd love nothing more than to help Paul, Bill and the club create an outdoor space that can become a real money-spinner. We didnt need that Altrincham-market esque corner; but what we do need is a functioning drink space that works hard pre-match and half time.

It'd be great if we could spend the money we've got left, leveliling off the space and then working within our means to create a smart, on-brand space that serves drinks and simple food.

they look good those
ParkINson's red and white army

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2022, 12:06:27 PM »

I must admit, I did expect the Fan Zone to look more in keeping with the pictures Hashtag has provided - the type of space that is available for ten a penny in Manchester City these days, like Hatch or something similar that's not much more than a level surface , a few shipping containers and some bunting / lightbulbs.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2022, 03:42:42 PM »

I must admit, I did expect the Fan Zone to look more in keeping with the pictures Hashtag has provided - the type of space that is available for ten a penny in Manchester City these days, like Hatch or something similar that's not much more than a level surface , a few shipping containers and some bunting / lightbulbs.

Especially if we do plan to develop the pop side, the ability to move it or potentially scrap it would lend itself to this.

Bill, I know you read the forum, so if you'd like to chat,. I'm happy to get involved.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grimsby Town match thread