News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heart attack at the match tonight!

Author Topic: Heart attack at the match tonight!  (Read 4504 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 11, 2022, 10:36:23 PM »

According to Bill. I suppose it's just a fact of life these days though. I was worried something like this would happen sooner or later. I don't remember something like this happening since I started watching at the Bangor game in 1990, but I dare say someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I assume it was the old gentleman in the wheelchair I saw being wheeled round from the Chequers End in the first half. So far as I know, he has pulled through, and I wish him all the best for his recovery.

In a completely unrelated matter, Bill also related how he didn't want to make our loyal supporters have to jump through more hoops after what we've been through in the last few seasons, hence him reluctantly putting the reduced capacity on tonight's crowd, and I would like to commend him for his actions and express my lasting gratitude to him for this and for standing up for equality. I will not forget this.

And for the people who think that all this doesn't matter compared to the "scandal" of Jordan Hulme not playing, Bill also said he didn't know why he wasn't playing but that that doesn't mean that there wasn't a reason. In fact I could pretty much guarantee there was a reason, and he also said that Hulme was knackered in the later stages of the Barnet game. I would also say that I never expected us to win tonight against a strong County side (Sarcevich - I ask you!), and especially after the long trip to Barnet while County had a rest. It is in the games where we genuinely have a chance to win that I will judge us. And I would reiterate that we have not had a good second season at this level since 1981. If we stay up -  which we almost certainly will now -  so far as I am concerned, we have done alright. The moaners need to get real.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 10:41:09 PM by Hugh »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Heart attack at the match tonight!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 10:48:17 PM »

Agree with Hugh. We were outclassed tonight but I'm sure Stockport will replace Oldham in the Football League next season.

Quite a few players looked off the pace tonight. Pleased that Dens got some game time. It might happen more often now Joel has gone up north.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 11:48:58 PM »

According to Bill. I suppose it's just a fact of life these days though. I was worried something like this would happen sooner or later. I don't remember something like this happening since I started watching at the Bangor game in 1990, but I dare say someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I assume it was the old gentleman in the wheelchair I saw being wheeled round from the Chequers End in the first half. So far as I know, he has pulled through, and I wish him all the best for his recovery.

In a completely unrelated matter, Bill also related how he didn't want to make our loyal supporters have to jump through more hoops after what we've been through in the last few seasons, hence him reluctantly putting the reduced capacity on tonight's crowd, and I would like to commend him for his actions and express my lasting gratitude to him for this and for standing up for equality. I will not forget this.

And for the people who think that all this doesn't matter compared to the "scandal" of Jordan Hulme not playing, Bill also said he didn't know why he wasn't playing but that that doesn't mean that there wasn't a reason. In fact I could pretty much guarantee there was a reason, and he also said that Hulme was knackered in the later stages of the Barnet game. I would also say that I never expected us to win tonight against a strong County side (Sarcevich - I ask you!), and especially after the long trip to Barnet while County had a rest. It is in the games where we genuinely have a chance to win that I will judge us. And I would reiterate that we have not had a good second season at this level since 1981. If we stay up -  which we almost certainly will now -  so far as I am concerned, we have done alright. The moaners need to get real.

Agree with this.

Stockport were better all over the pitch, just accept it and move on.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 01:03:20 AM »

Agree with Hugh. We were outclassed tonight but I'm sure Stockport will replace Oldham in the Football League next season.

Quite a few players looked off the pace tonight. Pleased that Dens got some game time. It might happen more often now Joel has gone up north.

Oldham would be a good local match next season. I have always assumed that they would sort things out sooner or later and get away with it, but then again, I assumed that about Stockport and Macc! I suppose it depends how dire things are there.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 09:47:17 AM »

Wind your neck in Hugh, moaners need to get real. Nobody's arsed about losing to Stockport but the manner of 9-2over 2 games is unacceptable.

If their CM is so good, why would you throw Mallarky to the wolves and play him there.

Utter disgrace that performance, bar a fluke FL promotion, I'll never forgive Parkinson for these Christmas displays
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 09:51:24 AM »

Oldham would be a good local match next season. I have always assumed that they would sort things out sooner or later and get away with it, but then again, I assumed that about Stockport and Macc! I suppose it depends how dire things are there.

Oldham owner announced they are for sale yesterday. Fans assume he has realised a conference club will be worth significantly less than a D2 club.
They still have a transfer embargo at the moment.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 09:58:58 AM »

If they continue as they are doing, not too far in the future their local Derby will be with FCUM. Boundary park and broadhurst park are only a couple of miles apart.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 10:02:22 PM »

Sound assessment

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 09:36:01 AM »

Do we know if the gentleman is ok?

It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 10:03:49 AM »

Someone, a friend of the gentleman, posted on twitter he was recovering and thanked all at ALTY for there assistance on Tuesday evening. So hopefully yes.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 12:05:23 PM »

Someone, a friend of the gentleman, posted on twitter he was recovering and thanked all at ALTY for there assistance on Tuesday evening. So hopefully yes.

Really. Pleasing to hear
It's all my fault.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team