PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kennedy Digie
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Kennedy Digie  (Read 7747 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Kennedy Digie
« on: January 22, 2022, 06:18:17 PM »

I was keeping a bit of an eye on him today. I was going to say he played well. And sure enough, he ended up getting man of the match, and was well worthy of it. He didn't put a foot wrong (at least when I was watching), he was assured, solid in the tackle, and his distribution seemed fine today. My only quibble is I'm still not quite sure how to pronounce Digie or what would be a good song for him (one Kenny Digie maybe?!). He may not be Hannigan, but he's jolly good, and it'd be a pity if he ended up like Tom Peers, not getting the credit he deserves.

As for the match itself, I thought we were genuinely unlucky today, and just didn't get the rub of the green. There was plenty of attacking play pushing for an equaliser, we hit the bar, and I still don't know how we didn't score that late chance (though admittedly Torquay probably should have scored from close range too). We conceded a couple of sloppy goals, perhaps understandably with an experimental back line, but that will sort itself out in time, and I still think we have enough to stay up barring disaster, and maybe even improve on last season (which, by the way, must never be repeated).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 06:21:15 PM by Hugh »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Kennedy Digie
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 06:20:47 PM »

You must have watched a different game to me. Digie was truly awful, and the MOM award was surely ironic.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 06:24:24 PM »

Very possibly, I was certainly watching from a different position. I'll maybe watch the highlights back later, but I can't think of anything very wrong he did, it's certainly not his fault we lost (and as I say we might easily not have lost on another day).

(P.S. I'd like to know what sort of people we get in the sponsors' lounge giving ironic motm awards. A City fan maybe, who had previously voted for Gary Neville as their motm... :) ).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 06:27:10 PM by Hugh »

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 06:27:35 PM »

You must have watched a different game to me. Digie was truly awful, and the MOM award was surely ironic.

In an odd way, he kind of was MOM  :P

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 06:49:09 PM »

Defo Torquays MOM.

Never seen a poorer player at this level with the ball at his feet.

Rather have Sutton.

Not sure who fukked up for the 1st but 2nd was Digie fault. And just to prove how out of his depth he is he made the same misplaced pass 10mins later.

He wont play again
Full time and proud of it

adzid

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 07:17:53 PM »

Saw him play 3 times now and within the first 20 minutes it was pretty obvious hes not a footballer. For someone so tall his heading is atrocious. You're just waiting for a mistake from him. Bare in mind he couldn't get in Herefords team. Bizarre persistence by parky.

mase

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 07:34:43 PM »

I have also been keeping an eye on Digie as I really thought on intilal viewing there might be a player in there to replace Tom Hannigan down the line maybe.
However today he put in as poor a centre half performance as I've seen for some time.
The number of times he collided or got in the way with team mates due lack of talking or any communication.
Dreadful with the ball at his feet, ponderous and indecisive. 2nd goal definitely his fault and he tried again with the same pass a little later in the 2nd half having been closed down whilst decision making.
At schoolboy level you are taught not to pass across the front of your area.
Not sure what's happened but he just doesn't look up to this level. It happens with players and I'm sure he looks good in training,
however come match day and he seems to panic under pressure, consistently making mistakes, once might be unlucky but time and time again highlights a major issue.
Real shame as I actually had high hopes on first viewing, obviously some rough edges, but those seem to have got worse proportionally to his time on the pitch.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 07:39:25 PM »

From my vantage point, Digie was poor. Certainly second goal was his fault and partly for first. Never MOM

Get Sutton back for me is best option.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2022, 07:39:59 PM »

The Stockport fans really got into him in the second half of our recent home humbling by County, he didn’t look up to it that day but as it was Stockport I was prepared to cut some slack, doesn’t seem any different today against a far worse side. Soft goals have been repeatedly conceded all season though so you can’t lay it all him but what I wouldn’t give for some Graham Heathcote style sh*thousing/bus parking from this team at the moment, we just are incapable of defending properly for 90 mins.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 08:07:08 PM »

Mainly the second half I was particularly looking at him to be fair, but it rather proves my point about Peers. Probably every player on the pitch made mistakes (Hulme for example made a typical good run in a tight spot but then played a poor ball) but Digie makes one mistake that cost us and gets hammered for it. Anyway, maybe I'll watch the highlights and see if there's anything to change my mind.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 08:15:10 PM »

Saw him play 3 times now and within the first 20 minutes it was pretty obvious hes not a footballer. For someone so tall his heading is atrocious. You're just waiting for a mistake from him. Bare in mind he couldn't get in Herefords team. Bizarre persistence by parky.

To me, it seemed he was very strong at winning the ball (on the ground at least) in defence and the middle of the pitch (perhaps why he spent periods further up the pitch). Good stamina too I think. I used to play a similar sort of game. The  sort of unglamorous role that is easily overlooked but much valued by managers. Considering people have been complaining about us being outmuscled by teams, I can see why Phil persists with him. Not as good in the air as Heskey of course, but maybe a similar sort of thing. Spectators used to say how rubbish he was, but managers liked him, players liked to play along side him.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 08:24:12 PM »

The Stockport fans really got into him in the second half of our recent home humbling by County, he didn’t look up to it that day but as it was Stockport I was prepared to cut some slack, doesn’t seem any different today against a far worse side. Soft goals have been repeatedly conceded all season though so you can’t lay it all him but what I wouldn’t give for some Graham Heathcote style sh*thousing/bus parking from this team at the moment, we just are incapable of defending properly for 90 mins.

Worse than Stockport (in common with probably a lot of league 1 and 2 at the moment) but still 4 wins in 6 now, and I still think we were unlucky not to get something today. Obviously a disappointment, but not a disaster. We're not getting turned over at the moment apart from by County where the odds were stacked against us (no Hulme, trying to integrate new players, less time to prepare for the game etc.).

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2022, 09:37:18 PM »

He is f**king awful.
Absolute chaos.

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2022, 09:37:44 PM »

He was really bad today.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2022, 09:43:50 PM »

He was really bad today.

As previously said all legs and arms. Pure panic in his play.
Wouldn't start in the league below.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kennedy Digie