PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Moors match thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Solihull Moors match thread  (Read 14404 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« on: January 23, 2022, 11:05:48 PM »

I don't want to alarm anybody, but Moors striker Andrew Dallas has scored 8 goals in their last 2 games. The whole Alty team has scored the same total in their last TEN games. If Kennedy Donkey plays on Saturday we're in deep in the brown and pungent.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull Moors match thread
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 07:33:47 AM »

I just wanted to thank you in advance for crushing any early delusional hope I may have been harvesting for the weekend .
ParkINson's red and white army

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 01:54:33 PM »

I don't want to alarm anybody, but Moors striker Andrew Dallas has scored 8 goals in their last 2 games. The whole Alty team has scored the same total in their last TEN games. If Kennedy Donkey plays on Saturday we're in deep in the brown and pungent.

That is frighteningly good form but prior to the last 2 games, he hadn't scored for 4 months.
Very good player though,who was excellent when he scored twice for Weymouth against us last season.

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 11:25:05 PM »

If Hannigan isn't fit I hope we are able to recall Sutton or find someone else to partner Toby. Not expecting much from this one. Would bite your hand off for a dull 0-0

Can only see a one sided 0-3

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 10:29:28 AM »

If Hannigan isn't fit I hope we are able to recall Sutton or find someone else to partner Toby. Not expecting much from this one. Would bite your hand off for a dull 0-0

only 0-3? I admire your optimism. 😱

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 10:31:36 AM »

only 0-3? I admire your optimism. 😱

I took it as being VERY optimistic as the home side's score is first! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 10:39:14 AM »

I'll be there. Easy enough to get to. Got to keep behind this group for the 90, whilst hoping Rob sorts this form out with Phil or another candidate if it gets that far.
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 12:31:19 PM »

You could possibly trace our run of form right back to the reverse fixture, being forced to play despite our COVID issues. Football is a funny old game and there would be something quite romantic about it all coming full circle on Saturday. It's very hard to see that happening but as HashtagAlty says, all we can do is support.

Solihull are absolutely not the type of opposition you want when you're struggling. Physical side that will press, harass and frustrate with a great defensive record. We haven't dealt with being pressed and teams have cottoned on to the weakness.

I'd take any form of result.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 06:15:35 PM »

We’re hoping to get to Solihull on Saturday, and aim to get to Kings Lynn next month.

What’s happened so far is history now, let’s get behind the lads and hopefully we can get
some sort of a result.

Concentration is the key … if we switch off then we lose at this level,  stay switched on until the final whistle..

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 07:15:28 PM »

I think I'm correct in saying that, if results go against us tonight, we could be fourth bottom going into the Solihull match. 😒
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2022, 07:56:00 AM »

I think I'm correct in saying that, if results go against us tonight, we could be fourth bottom going into the Solihull match. 😒
In the end, only Aldershot overtook us. However Southend, Wealdstone, and Maidenhead are all within a point, with 2 games in hand on us. I expect Southend to pass us on Saturday. Wealdstone held Notts County last night, and could get something at Grimsby, but I don't fancy them to. Maidenhead are likely to lose at Wrexham.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 09:58:45 AM »

In the end, only Aldershot overtook us. However Southend, Wealdstone, and Maidenhead are all within a point, with 2 games in hand on us. I expect Southend to pass us on Saturday. Wealdstone held Notts County last night, and could get something at Grimsby, but I don't fancy them to. Maidenhead are likely to lose at Wrexham.
It's interesting to see how our rivals are doing, there will be some unexpected results over the coming weeks and months. That said our destiny is very much in our own hands still, so we need to enter every game like a one off cup tie like we used too. Hopefully results will improve and we can get a positive result at Solihull on Saturday.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2022, 09:42:35 AM »

Bit surprised there has been no coming or going this week.

I hope we ditch the 1 up front formation and go 4-3-3. If the mid field don't get over run it will help the defense. Also it's very hard for a lone striker to get anything out of 2 cbs at this level.

Be a massive boost if Kosylo is available.
Full time and proud of it

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2022, 09:46:40 AM »

Not a fan of the 4-3-3 personally. Every time I've seen us play it we look too flat with no outlets

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2022, 02:11:56 PM »

Interesting we've opted to bring back Tom Peers; you'd assume AJLS or Hulme (Who seemed to be out in a restaurant last night when you'd assume we'd have a session), might not be available.
It's all my fault.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team