PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty 0-1 Trannmere
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Alty 0-1 Trannmere  (Read 10985 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty 0-1 Trannmere
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 07:24:02 PM »

Perhaps Coo is the best of what is available, would you prefer we signed nobody and went into the season with 15 men?

No, I'd prefer that we signed a better standard of player rather than just someone who will make up the numbers.

Thats the problem though isn't it. GH knows what standard we need and he is still working to a small wage budget (as he said to us at marine). It isn't as though he isnt trying out different things. He saw Coo as a left back and gave him a trial. It may not have workked out for him at left back but it proves GH knows wwhat he is after and is trying his hardest to get it. From the number of players we have played at left back this season, isn't it obvious that GH sees this as our main problem area?
I think people should appreciate what he is trying to do and that it is a bloody difficult thing to bring decent players to a part time club for not very much money.
i EAR what you are saying mike

Alty Aylmer

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 07:29:49 PM »

I'd say give Coo a chance. He has got pace and is young. Yes he gets put off the ball easily and cuts inside all the time but all that can be worked on and he can improve. We were speaking to a Tranmere fan and he said that there were only 2 regulars playing? Not sure, just what he told us. It was a poor performance but GH was having a tinker and trying things out, its not always going to work but look at the Rotheram game, there are goals in the team.

Alex

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 08:23:40 PM »

Perhaps Coo is the best of what is available, would you prefer we signed nobody and went into the season with 15 men?

No, I'd prefer that we signed a better standard of player rather than just someone who will make up the numbers.

well then mr cult if you know the name of a left back who is left footed, will cost nuffing to bring to the club, will play part time football and for little wages. then by all means call the club and tell them of this player if not trust in the fact that GH knows more about the abilitys of his squad and the players he signs than you. and cavell carnt be that bad a player if dario gradi had him at crewe. now i personally have seen every pre season game from old gregorians to tranmere last night and my opinion is that cavell coo is a good player who maybe with some work with graham and dalton could become a solid player for us, the last player we had on trial from crewe is going to play in the football league this year. we couldn't get him due to our lack of money so lets see how this young man does

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 10:30:03 PM »

the last player we had on trial from crewe is going to play in the football league this year.

Sorry missing something here. Who are you talking about?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 10:31:10 PM »

Ballers,

How could you forget Aspinall's penalty miss on a foggy Saturday in Southport last season?!

Lots ot repetitive far eastern mind numbing techniques watching videos of spiritual gardens helped me to successfully blank it out...D'oh!

Alex

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 11:03:13 PM »

the last player we had on trial from crewe is going to play in the football league this year.

adam yates who started at crewe was on trial with us then went to morcombe got promotion and will be in the football league this year

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 11:16:47 PM »

adam yates who started at crewe was on trial with us then went to morcombe got promotion and will be in the football league this year

well said duke -like the my space thing , went to loreto meself , years go though-good place i liked it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2007, 12:43:20 AM »

well then mr cult if you know the name of a left back who is left footed, will cost nuffing to bring to the club, will play part time football and for little wages. then by all means call the club and tell them of this player if not trust in the fact that GH knows more about the abilitys of his squad and the players he signs than you. and cavell carnt be that bad a player if dario gradi had him at crewe. now i personally have seen every pre season game from old gregorians to tranmere last night and my opinion is that cavell coo is a good player who maybe with some work with graham and dalton could become a solid player for us, the last player we had on trial from crewe is going to play in the football league this year. we couldn't get him due to our lack of money so lets see how this young man does

Believe me, if I did know the name of a suitable left full back, I would have volunteered it to someone at the club by now!

Alas, having a non-football related job and not being employed as a football scout means that I am unable to attend various football matches in the North West and analyse potential players.

Besides, I thought that we employed a manager and assistant to do that?!

You rate Cavell Coo.
I don't.   
That's all.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2007, 08:32:15 AM »

How many times have you see Coo play?

I think we should give him a chance before we start having a go at him, as others have said; look at Joe last season.

It's the dawn of a new season, can people just be positive please?

DarrenH

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2007, 09:21:24 AM »

Ok maybe his pre-season form hasn't been great but GH must have seen something in the lad.
Give him a chance and as someone said earlier if he isn't upto it and he isn't on a contract the costs are minimal.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2007, 10:49:25 AM »

That's such a tenious link!! Yates wasn't at Crewe when he had a 'trial' with us, he was at Leek, also he doesn't live in Crewe either afaik so hardly the last player we had on trila from Crewe, although funnily enough I think that player might be James Robinson who is possibly a better example.

Cavell Coo, some good points but a lot of weaknessess, the type of player who i would be happy with in ConfNorth but in the BSP it's a tough bloody league, similar to the standard of the Tranmere side last night and we can't afford to carry any passengers, not for one single game really.

That said he's looked a bit better at left back than he has elsewhere, maybe some just feel like I do, a bit irritated that a full year or so after Chrissy left we don't have a left back and are playing 2 right sided players there with predictable results. I'm now a bit worried about Warren Peyton, he needs to play. If Gary Scott is fit enough for the opening day I will be happy to start of with him lb and Peyton lw (as long as Potts is on the rw) but remember by mid September, the full time teams in this league who scoout and watch our games had this side of us well and truly sewn up.

And yes, I do know that GH has been chasing after and looking for left backs in a similar manner to someone using a dating agency!  ;)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2007, 04:59:39 PM »

That's such a tenious link!! Yates wasn't at Crewe when he had a 'trial' with us, he was at Leek, also he doesn't live in Crewe either afaik so hardly the last player we had on trila from Crewe, although funnily enough I think that player might be James Robinson who is possibly a better example.

Cavell Coo, some good points but a lot of weaknessess, the type of player who i would be happy with in ConfNorth but in the BSP it's a tough bloody league, similar to the standard of the Tranmere side last night and we can't afford to carry any passengers, not for one single game really.

That said he's looked a bit better at left back than he has elsewhere, maybe some just feel like I do, a bit irritated that a full year or so after Chrissy left we don't have a left back and are playing 2 right sided players there with predictable results. I'm now a bit worried about Warren Peyton, he needs to play. If Gary Scott is fit enough for the opening day I will be happy to start of with him lb and Peyton lw (as long as Potts is on the rw) but remember by mid September, the full time teams in this league who scoout and watch our games had this side of us well and truly sewn up.

And yes, I do know that GH has been chasing after and looking for left backs in a similar manner to someone using a dating agency!  ;)

Ballers,

Superb post.
You are absolutely correct.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2007, 08:39:50 AM »

I think we should give him a chance before we start having a go at him, as others have said; look at Joe last season.[/color][/u][/b]

I am still staggered people rate Joe as highly as they do! His control is weak as is his shot. I can see how he's quite useful sometimes, but player of the season?  ???

Daycare Dan

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2007, 01:08:45 PM »

I think we should give him a chance before we start having a go at him, as others have said; look at Joe last season.[/color][/u][/b]

I am still staggered people rate Joe as highly as they do! His control is weak as is his shot. I can see how he's quite useful sometimes, but player of the season?  ???

I voted for Joe as player of the year last season because he got loads of stick for his early performances but kept working hard and it paid off. Despite what people think he's still the best we have at holding the ball up which we will need away from home. A lot. I'm not saying he'll get 15 goals this season, but he will be needed and should be rated by the fans.

Alty365

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2007, 02:00:09 PM »

I voted for Joe as player of the year last season because he got loads of stick for his early performances but kept working hard and it paid off. Despite what people think he's still the best we have at holding the ball up which we will need away from home. A lot. I'm not saying he'll get 15 goals this season, but he will be needed and should be rated by the fans.

He's the kind of player who works hard and you don't necessarily notice him, but if he wasn't there you would miss him. I think we'll see Joe continue to improve next season too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty 0-1 Trannmere