News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans forum next Monday

Author Topic: Fans forum next Monday  (Read 3419 times)

baldrick

Fans forum next Monday
« on: August 14, 2007, 12:41:07 PM »

7.30 at the club. Geoff and Graham will be there to answer questions and explain things. This is exactly the sort of thing we need. Excellent news.

Jenga

Re: Fans forum next Monday
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 12:45:43 PM »

A nice quick response from the club, great news.

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 12:48:14 PM »

I presume every single person who demanded an open forum after Saturday's game will be in attendance? You got what you wanted, now take advantage of the opportunity. No-one can say they've not had a chance to air their views.

DarrenH

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 01:10:28 PM »

be interesting to see how many turn up !!

markecky

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 01:47:42 PM »

I look forward to all the people who demanded to know whats going on being there and asking questions.

Years of experience tell me otherwise.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 02:42:18 PM »

Couldn't agree with you more Ecky!

Listening to Graham on Clubcall, its clear that he is an Altrincham man through and through.  Start picking up points and I reckon the incidents on Saturday will soon fade.

BIG GAME TONIGHT WHERE WE CAN COLLECT OUR FIRST POINTS OF THE SEASON!

COME ON ALTY   

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 03:46:39 PM »

Listening to Graham on Clubcall, its clear that he is an Altrincham man through and through. 

Was this ever in doubt though?

No Alty diehard doubts his commitment but I do believe that he should apologise for his behaviour and language after the Exeter match.

(I haven't listened to the Clubcall interview, so I don't know if he expresses any remorse during Flynny's discussion with him).   
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

baldrick

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 05:39:35 PM »

Is there a history of people not turning up for this sort of thing? If so i can't believe it is down to lack of interest.

PartyTownRobin

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 07:07:06 PM »

fully agree

Listening to Graham on Clubcall, its clear that he is an Altrincham man through and through. 

Was this ever in doubt though?

No Alty diehard doubts his commitment but I do believe that he should apologise for his behaviour and language after the Exeter match.

(I haven't listened to the Clubcall interview, so I don't know if he expresses any remorse during Flynny's discussion with him).   

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 07:43:35 PM »

http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/sport/alty/altynews/display.var.1617003.0.heathcote_aims_for_unity.php

Heathcote aims for unity
By Connor Murphy
Comment
ALTY boss Graham Heathcote insists he is not handing down any ultimatums despite suggesting pressure from fans could force him to quit.

Heathcote came in for abuse from certain members of the Moss Lane crowd during Saturday's 4-1 opening day defeat to Exeter.

And, after the game, the frustrated Robins chief suggested that expectations at the club were getting out of hand.

Survival is still the primary aim at the part-time club and Heathcote hopes fans, staff and players at the club can all pull together to ensure that target is reached.

"I have great support from a lot of people at this club and at times it seems as if I'm having a pop at everybody," he said this week.

"But I'm not. I'm having a pop at the people who are questioning where this club is going, who are questioning what I earn and criticising tactics and players.

"I am quite happy to discuss anything with fans face to face but there is no point in shouting abuse from the sidelines.

"I have a 10-year-old son so I have got to the stage where I have to be careful about what kind of thing he hears at games.

"I want to build a club that he can be proud to support in 10 years time so he doesn't need to see people hurling abuse at his dad or me reacting to that.

"It was disappointing that i had supporters questioning what I earn. I can guarantee them that not only do I earn less than the figures they were throwing around, but that whatever I do earn, I put in a lot of time and effort for it.

"There's two ways to manage a football club. One is to be selfish and the other is to work in conjunction with the board.

"I'm happy to keep on working with my board. They let me know what I am able to do and I trust them.

"But we are working with limited resources so it's difficult at times and I need all the encouragement I can get, not the slagging off I got on Saturday."

Despite the disappointment of Saturday's 4-1 defeat, Heathcote is confident his new squad can do the club proud this season.

He added: "I wouldn't knock any of the players after Saturday.

"We didn't have enough quality going forward in the second half and we knocked too many long balls upfield but for 60 minutes we played very well.

"Once they got two goals in three minutes, it completely changed my train of thought.

"We went from a position where we would have been able to sit in and defend our lead to one where we had to go out and chase a result.

"We had to go for a goal and that opened us up to be picked off.

"I believe, in time, that this team will prove to be a better team than last season and that's all I can ask for.

"We just don't need big expectations piled on the players because they need to be relaxed and comfortable when they are going out there.

"Maybe we have inadvertently raised hopes by announcing that we had raised the wage budget this season.

"But people have got to realise that a third of that rise went automatically to the existing players because I couldn't bring in new players on more money and not pay them a fair wage.

"I bet my bottom dollar that we are still in the bottom two or three in this league in terms of budget.

"So we have to stay realistic. We just can't compete with a lot of the teams in this league."

10:10am today

@AltyDaz

Stockportalty

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 09:24:39 AM »

My experience of these events is that people do turn up but then seem to dry up when it comes to asking the questions. If you want the answers then you have to ask the questions.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 09:34:08 AM »

Well all i'll say is that people better had turn up, and not just the usual 30 or so that are the same faces at every meeting.If people have questions or are interested in the clubs future plans, then do them the courtesy of attending the forum they have swiftly arranged,ask your questions and listen to what they have got to say.Bar sales could be an unexpected bonus for the club on the night aswell, so please use this opportunity and attend.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 10:19:14 AM »

GH - "It was disappointing that i had supporters questioning what I earn. I can guarantee them that not only do I earn less than the figures they were throwing around, but that whatever I do earn, I put in a lot of time and effort for it."

Whatever the figure is, I suggest he's worth it.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans forum next Monday