PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 leadership
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: leadership  (Read 7704 times)

Alty365

Re: leadership
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 01:04:47 PM »

I'm with Beaver on this one. It's bloody hard to care so much and not be directly involved most of the time. Whilst we can't offer a first hand account of what's gone on, we say what we think primarily because Altrincham FC matters a lot to us. In this respect, no individuals point of view is any more or less worthwhile than the next man's.

On a slightly different note, Teasybeaver gets a well earned Goodwin for his efforts getting Nice to sing up for the Alty! Quality! :)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 01:23:22 PM »

Well there'd be no use with the forum being here if everyone went all the games as everyone could just speak in the bar or on terraces ??

My only gripe is when people have an opinion on a game that they did not go to. I missed Forest Green Rovers away but managed to get reports from several people but I still would not comment on individuals if I did not see them play. 

You can see formations and who has played in what position which you could comment on as you will know the players but I personally don;t agree with slagging off individuals if you were not at the game, mind you I'm not a fan of that full stop but again my opinion.  The amount of times I've read "drop a certain player" ... " So and so is useless" and from people that have not actually seen them play or maybe only once or twice, it baffles me.

** This is not directed at anyone in this thread by the way **

Alty365

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2007, 01:27:33 PM »

I think we all basically agree then?  ???

Don't you just love being an Alty fan! ha ha!  ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2007, 02:21:09 PM »

Don't you just love being an Alty fan! ha ha!  ;D

I wish sometimes I could choose which team I want / wanted to support. I really do.  ::)

teasybeaver

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2007, 02:54:57 PM »

On a slightly different note, Teasybeaver gets a well earned Goodwin for his efforts getting Nice to sing up for the Alty! Quality! :)

It wasnt easy, firstly being killed by 200 "Nissa" Ultras was only avoided by explaining despite being from manchester i didnt support united or city, i supported AL-TRI-KAM in the cinquieme level of english football. After they stopped laughing a manic chant was let out, to other peoples bafflement.

After scurrying to the toilets to change my keks I returned to find I was now apparently one of them. All this for 13 euros! Incidentally, a Scottish lad I was with was treated to a belting rendition of flower of scotland by the whole stadium, it seems its one of their songs. In true Alty style i obliged to sing "Gav Price of Scotland..He scores a goal!"

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2007, 11:38:09 AM »

Teasy....I watched Nice v Rennes last week on Setanta-I had small winning bets on Nice to lead at half time & the game to end in a draw.The ground looks quite interesting.....fairly basic by Le Championnat standards but a proper football ground with a decent atmosphere.

A fantastic win in Marseilles on wednesday by the way!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2007, 12:06:20 PM »

Teasy....I watched Nice v Rennes last week on Setanta-I had small winning bets on Nice to lead at half time & the game to end in a draw.The ground looks quite interesting.....fairly basic by Le Championnat standards but a proper football ground with a decent atmosphere.

A fantastic win in Marseilles on wednesday by the way!

Flynny,

You need to get a job!

Haven't you got some ironing to be getting on with?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2007, 01:50:07 PM »

A job.....& a life!!!

bighairedmike

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2007, 09:01:07 PM »

Well there'd be no use with the forum being here if everyone went all the games as everyone could just speak in the bar or on terraces ??

My only gripe is when people have an opinion on a game that they did not go to. I missed Forest Green Rovers away but managed to get reports from several people but I still would not comment on individuals if I did not see them play. 

You can see formations and who has played in what position which you could comment on as you will know the players but I personally don;t agree with slagging off individuals if you were not at the game, mind you I'm not a fan of that full stop but again my opinion.  The amount of times I've read "drop a certain player" ... " So and so is useless" and from people that have not actually seen them play or maybe only once or twice, it baffles me.

** This is not directed at anyone in this thread by the way **

Agree with this. When people say "I wasn't at the game but i think that so and so was crap" or "my source today said so and so was sh*te" i think they just have opinions and are jus chattin sh*t basically. This is what pisses people off most about stuff. Constructive criticism is all good. Come on the Alty.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 leadership