News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Non Altrincham FC Talk
 Congestion charge

Author Topic: Congestion charge  (Read 7778 times)

Jezza

Congestion charge
« on: July 28, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »

Manchester Council have pushed this through the assoc of manchester counmcils by changing their rules to a simple majority rather than a percentage....then holding the vote to apply for funding straight after.

Stockport, Bolton and Trafford all voted AGAINST the congestuion charge the sensible people.

You may have seen a leaflet in the MEN explaining how the charge will affect 'local people'..the local people were fictional and the photos were of mostly US models.

Sale west MP Graham Brady  is e-mailing me with his views...I will update with his response.

Oddly you can't access the manchester city council website since the announcement.

If you are against the c charge that will cost the worst affected £3 per day...£15 per week, £700 per year then sign at www.manchestertolltax.com.

If you are for the c charge, why not set up a pro charge website?...coz oddly there aint any, however the people elected to carry out the wishes of the public seem to think we are in agreement.

After Tony Blair replying to the 2million petition, saying no road charging would happen without public consultation, new labour have put the bribe out to local councils to make the decision for themselves...and they are steaming ahead regardless of the views of the public they are supposed to serve.

baldrick

Re: Congestion charge
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 09:15:47 PM »

The only way to beat these things is to refuse to pay. I rarely drive in Manchester so it won't affect me but i would refuse to pay on the grounds that my road tax allows me to use public roads.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Non Altrincham FC Talk
 Congestion charge